? servers

? players online

Official Discord Server

• Content Count:  703

Would love if more people moved over to discord from teamspeak. I find this a lot more intuitive than teamspeak and should be our main platform for communication.

• Content Count:  4441

Would love if more people moved over to discord from teamspeak. I find this a lot more intuitive than teamspeak and should be our main platform for communication.

If there was the ability to password protect channels, type in a channels "chat", and generally moderate it (kick people, change title/password, promote people) I would use Discord. There is also the fact that a lot of the people I hang out with type in chat only, so even if I were to use it would make talking to them very weird being that A. Channels don't have a chat attached as TeamSpeak does and B. Discord logs all chats. Most of the time I'm on TeamSpeak I'm sitting in a private channel with friends to avoid getting bombarded with people.

If we want to get the full use of Discord we need to make sure we add it to the servers in a chat announcement, host community meetings there etc.. Discord wasn't for the people on TeamSpeak as much as it was for reaching out to our community who mainly just plays the server and doesn't even read the forums. It's a good opportunity to pull those people in and get them more involved. It does slightly confuse me why large groups of people sit in public channels on TeamSpeak still though, cause in that regard there isn't a big difference.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2730

If there was the ability to password protect channels, type in a channels "chat", and generally moderate it (kick people, change title/password, promote people) I would use Discord. There is also the fact that a lot of the people I hang out with type in chat only, so even if I were to use it would make talking to them very weird being that A. Channels don't have a chat attached as TeamSpeak does and B. Discord logs all chats. Most of the time I'm on TeamSpeak I'm sitting in a private channel with friends to avoid getting bombarded with people.

If we want to get the full use of Discord we need to make sure we add it to the servers in a chat announcement, host community meetings there etc.. Discord wasn't for the people on TeamSpeak as much as it was for reaching out to our community who mainly just plays the server and doesn't even read the forums. It's a good opportunity to pull those people in and get them more involved. It does slightly confuse me why large groups of people sit in public channels on TeamSpeak still though, cause in that regard there isn't a big difference.

In discord type c!help to learn how to make a private channel. You let in whoever you like and you can blacklist people as well. The disadvantage of the system is that it does make a private text chat or any for that matter.

Now for people that use the people that use public channels in teamspeak there are probs a lot of different reasons why people don't move over to discord. I know for me the reason is that I like VOIP on TS better than discord. Also the text channel thing where it's tied to a channel on TS. If I'm typing to a group people in discord I don't want everyone to see it.

Yes I like Teamspeak better and think it better fits to what this community needs.

• Content Count:  4441

In discord type c!help to learn how to make a private channel. You let in whoever you like and you can blacklist people as well. The disadvantage of the system is that it does make a private text chat or any for that matter.

Took a look at this and it doesn't let me target anyone to let them in nor blacklist them so I pretty much had to unlock and relock the channel(would pretty much require me to never leave). That combined with no chat, inability for others to moderate, not being able to add a password, nor channels having a chat makes this a really shitty alternative for me personally. It honestly confuses me why Discord doesn't add private channel functionalities, even if they had to have it at a limit.

• Content Count:  1423

Took a look at this and it doesn't let me target anyone to let them in nor blacklist them so I pretty much had to unlock and relock the channel(would pretty much require me to never leave). That combined with no chat, inability for others to moderate, not being able to add a password, nor channels having a chat makes this a really shitty alternative for me personally. It honestly confuses me why Discord doesn't add private channel functionalities, even if they had to have it at a limit.

Just went in and made a private channel, blocked everyone, and then added someone to the whitelist. While looking at the command you were doing I noticed you didn’t tag them (by doing @_____ and their name) you just typed their name. I believe that’s the reason you were having to constantly unlock and lock the channel. However, you are right that it could be annoying when you have people that type instead of using a mic and they don’t have a private text channel to type in with you and your group.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5674

Discord is literally just a more interactive Shoutbox at this point. Barely anyone uses the voice chat, which honestly seems to be a trend in most Discords I use. I don't think there's any point to getting rid of either one of them because obviously our current community likes to use TS more but I do think Discord is eventually going to attract newer players.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread