? servers

? players online

What was your first job?

• Content Count:  391

What was your first job? How and when did you get it? What was the pay like? This does not include being an intern or going to a school.

My first job was busboying at an italian restaurant when I was 15, I live in florida so the job was only seasonal because the majority of the customer base were old farts and don't like sticking around during summer, and the person that I worked with was a really fucking fast mexican that was much faster then me at doing my job, I mean the dude was like fucking sonic, which means I was laid off. I had the job for about 2 months and I walked home with 50 bucks in tips, and 30 dollars on my paycheck for each day. Now that I think of it, it was a real good job for a teenager and I honestly wish I had it back. I got the job by walking in with one of my friends, sadly they would never put us to work on the same day because we fucked around too much.

Edited by Kicks

• Content Count:  2162

My first job was working with my dad, which im still doing now when he needs me during the school year. Esentially we just put TVs up in peoples houses, or speakers, or run cables for internet/ethernet and stuff of that sort. Its really fun to do, and I started helping him mostly during the last few summers. The pay is pretty normal, he just gives me money based on how long we worked, and honestly its really fun for me, and it pushed me to go to school for Electrical and Computer Engineering

• Content Count:  1984

I work at an after school program for elementary school kids. Friend recommended me since i've had previous experience through years of volunteer work. Honestly just wanted something to do so i work 2 hours Monday to Friday after school. Get paid min wage 13 /hr. I want to join an art program over summer but my employer wants me to stay around

• Content Count:  113

I worked in a corn field (iowa probs), and at a wedding venue place, but the place I consider my "first" job is at a local ice cream shop in my hometown. I was paid $6.75/hour then got a raise to $7.25 after like a month of working there. I applied for the job cause it was like 3 blocks away from my house and some of my friends worked there. I was 16 when I started working there and stayed for about a year. Didn't love it, but the tips were good and it was enough to pay for gas in my car.

• Content Count:  2681

13 years old, Assistant Accountant, needed money for summer activities, Last summer, I got paid 90 bucks a week and I was saving up for some games and things to help my dad with his PC.

• Content Count:  5381

13 years old, Assistant Accountant, needed money for summer activities, Last summer, I got paid 90 bucks a week and I was saving up for some games and things to help my dad with his PC.

What does an assistant accountant do? I cant imagine letting a normal 13 year old balance a ledger or do taxes.

Reply to Thread