? servers

? players online

CT Revamp Discussion

• Content Count:  4441

I haven't had a chance to really gather my thoughts, and a lot of this is unexplained shit I really didn't even elaborate fully on when speaking to @Dominic and @DML. I can't speak for the managers but I will say that there is only a certain point we should trade flexibility for functionality. Read peoples posts on here about First Order if you want an example of how the little things on our server genuinely mean a lot to people. I'm gonna just respond to what you said @Nate S, but I'm also just gonna put some likely or often scenarios into better context so that others can understand some of it better. I'm going to rant.

Not gonna quote a post that long cus clutter. @DML I had meant the player numbers, because people will freekilled with 15 people on, especially with us being one of the more respected communities in csgo, people will freekill at any point.

Let me give you a few examples of why I put a lot of the numbers high besides the fact that I was just trying to get a lot of base starter numbers that are safe and wouldn't contribute any new problems.

Lowering CT Lockout can cause problems with CTs being underplayed and when the server is starting up during the start of the day (whether weekend somewhere around 11-12 or weekday 2-5). If someone joins the server and only 2-5 people can play CT because we decide "hey we want it at 10 people or 15 people", that could cause serious issues that lead to people leaving. Undeniably people like SG's server because you can hop on CT pretty quickly and get in the action. @Manny @Cept For Her

The Ratio control can cause issues when it isn't high population, for example with 15 players I think on maps like Razor, VIP, Spacejail it would be in realm of being reasonable that a bit over a 6:9 ratio isn't really the end of the world. I wouldn't want to lock a good warden or good CT out of being able to join the team at that point. As the numbers get higher people are coming and going like crazy, the server gets louder, all the CTs and Ts are talking, people need to give orders, people are giving side-comments, people are mic-spamming, screaming freekill yadada.. It becomes way too much of a nightmare and besides that when admins aren't on the ratio at 24 people should NOT be more than 2:3.

First Order, if it isn't obvious this isn't something people are going to be happy about for many reasons but it is something I feel is necessary and something both of the servers managers think is important. The amount of absolute shit that occurs in the first 60 seconds is too important and too hectic to expect at times 20 prisoners to keep up with it while they enjoy the clusterfuck of micspam. The freedom from not having ANYTHING even close to a warden system causes way too many issues around from people fighting, to unnecessary freekilling. To make matters worse once the Ts are unmuted 45 seconds in (some servers have them muted almost indefinitely) it's gets much worse. Generally these issues are not as large with less players, so we wouldn't ever lower this unless it was. Peoples favorite part of the SG jailbreak server is that you have a lot of freedom, but that isn't always a good thing when there isn't a single guiding hand to back it up. @Gumline

Lastly, none of these ideas are meant to replace admins as much as they're meant to make the server better, which will bring in more mature players, which will make the server better again, which will get us better admins, and make the server much easier to manage for the admins we currently have. If you want a concrete example to sum this all up, there is no reason that every round when the server is almost full an admin should have to be swapping people and spamming a bind, it is the most ridiculous shit and something should be done. I've administrated that server for god knows how long and as much as I love the server to death I can see why people who just want to relax and play do not want to admin it at all. Rather than trying to push the highest quality of shit admin and continue to watch the server grow into a shadow of it's former self through just a playerbase gone completely wrong I would much rather try to get these added to some degree as a step in the right direction. The server teeters on a handful of quality, outspoken, active regulars. Many of these same dedicated people are in this thread posting- who are adamant these problems exist so logic says that if these are not fixed a reasonable, timely, well thought-out manner that those same people are going to follow suit in the same thing that happened to ZE mere months ago.

• Like 5
Edited by All Ts
tagging a few people

Was just waiting a little while to see if anyone had more feedback. Just gonna bump and tag @Liam Brown. I believe it's probably worth paying to have these made if you guys are wrapped up in other stuff because the state of the other Jailbreak servers out there is pretty poor and the summer is a great opportunity for SG's server to actually become the biggest out there in terms of Jailbreak (given it's on its way up there).

These plugins would solve the majority of problems SG's server has while still leaving it free enough to where the oldfags wouldn't want to neck themselves. There's a lot of feedback here along with the ideas we gave, hopefully will sit down with @Dominic and @DML later to edit a few things based on it. I among a lot the other regulars really want to see something come of this, as it would really help propel the server in the long-term, fix a lot of current issues and prevent any big drops after summer. Whatever happens this thread was a nice reminder that Jailbreak does have a lot of players who want to see it do better and thanks for posting your feedback. The three of us spent a lot of time trying to brainstorm, write, answer posts here and it means a lot to get legitimate opinions.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  829

Was just waiting a little while to see if anyone had more feedback. Just gonna bump and tag @Liam Brown. I believe it's probably worth paying to have these made if you guys are wrapped up in other stuff because the state of the other Jailbreak servers out there is pretty poor and the summer is a great opportunity for SG's server to actually become the biggest out there in terms of Jailbreak (given it's on its way up there).

These plugins would solve the majority of problems SG's server has while still leaving it free enough to where the oldfags wouldn't want to neck themselves. There's a lot of feedback here along with the ideas we gave, hopefully will sit down with @Dominic and @DML later to edit a few things based on it. I among a lot the other regulars really want to see something come of this, as it would really help propel the server in the long-term, fix a lot of current issues and prevent any big drops after summer. Whatever happens this thread was a nice reminder that Jailbreak does have a lot of players who want to see it do better and thanks for posting your feedback. The three of us spent a lot of time trying to brainstorm, write, answer posts here and it means a lot to get legitimate opinions.

To be honest these plugins wouldn't really take a huge amount of work to make. I think the hardest part is balancing it properly, which isn't really a coding problem, and you guys seem to have worked through most of that side anyway.

While there are other things I'm focusing on at the moment, I don't mind getting these done now since it seems like the server really needs it.

• Like 3

To be honest these plugins wouldn't really take a huge amount of work to make. I think the hardest part is balancing it properly, which isn't really a coding problem, and you guys seem to have worked through most of that side anyway.

While there are other things I'm focusing on at the moment, I don't mind getting these done now since it seems like the server really needs it.

I have a girlfriend but if you ever want a pp suck let me know.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  135

finally the change we've all been wanting/waiting for thanks so much to the admin staff, this really needed to be done as the servers were sometimes getting out of hand and made no admin want to stop by and deal with it.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.