? servers

? players online

CT Revamp Discussion

• Content Count:  5674

Also, if it is possible to do CT Lockout, it should also be possible to require ~30 minutes of playtime to be a CT, right?

Yes, the point of CT lockout is to do that. We want the restriction to be 25 minutes.

Also, we want to have the TAs possibly make these for us. The point of this thread is to get your feedback and see if there is anything we should change before asking them to do it. Don't worry about implementation, just give us your thoughts on each plugin/idea.

And feel free to suggest any other plugins, preferably ones that may help the server sustain itself as fun type plugins are not a priority at the moment. There could definitely be something we didn't think of.

Edited by Dominic

• Content Count:  4441

I think the First Order is a really good idea as most of the free killing happens in the first 30 seconds after multiple orders are given and nothing can be done because nobody saw what happened. 24 players is a good starting point but I feel as if that number could be even lower. All good ideas though, thanks guys.

Except moon apparently, thanks for nothing :love:

We went for 24 due to as the number gets lower things being a bit more situational, it can always be lowered if we can actually see what is like in practice. Just a starting point.

Ratio control is critical when the sever reaches near max. The five or so rounds where the ratio reaches 18 Ts to 15 CTs is the most annoying thing possible.

These ideas are great but anyone know how to implement them?

Besides the Ratio thing possibly being wonky to execute I don't see the other stuff being too far out of the realm of possibility. Really up to the TA's to look it over though and see what is possible.

First Order should be implemented 100% of the time. But another suggestion is that you can only use FO once every 3 rounds unless you are an admin or there are less than 20 people on. It might also be a good idea to make the CT lockout for when there are more than 15 people because that is when random freekillers start to join the server after they get banned from other servers. Same goes for the 2:3 ratio, it should start when there are 15 people because again, that's when freekillers like to join together.

I think it might be a good idea to lower the First Order thing to 20, but generally I wouldn't want it completely removed because the problem really starts to come once the server ramps up in players.

• Content Count:  70

the rule which states, the one person that can give the order in the the first 30 sec is the warden part. I think that is actually just the thing we needed because it is not a full warden thing and anyone can give orders after the 30 sec. If they were to do the full warden that could have made alot of people leave the servers of getting too annoyed of not bieng able to give orders or someother reasons. Also the 30 sec in the beggining of round is the time everyone is yelling to give orders soo its good @deluxeJESUS

also dominic just like everyone else i think the first 2 rules are excellento, but for the 3rd one i kinda dont get it. if the ratio has to be 2:3 wouldent that be a bad ratio considering to the people there would be on. It would be harder for the t's to play with soo many people ct's. I think the old rule is much better with 1:2 but we can make it so thier cant be miore then half.

Plz inform me if i understood it wrong and plz try telling me exactly u mean.

Thanks,

ibrahim

the rule which states, the one person that can give the order in the the first 30 sec is the warden part. I think that is actually just the thing we needed because it is not a full warden thing and anyone can give orders after the 30 sec. If they were to do the full warden that could have made alot of people leave the servers of getting too annoyed of not bieng able to give orders or someother reasons. Also the 30 sec in the beggining of round is the time everyone is yelling to give orders soo its good @deluxeJESUS

also dominic just like everyone else i think the first 2 rules are excellento, but for the 3rd one i kinda dont get it. if the ratio has to be 2:3 wouldent that be a bad ratio considering to the people there would be on. It would be harder for the t's to play with soo many people ct's. I think the old rule is much better with 1:2 but we can make it so thier cant be miore then half.

Plz inform me if i understood it wrong and plz try telling me exactly u mean.

Thanks,

ibrahim

This shouldn't replace the 1:2 ratio rule, this just automates it so that if it goes past a certain point it fixes it. Certain maps like Razor are alright to have an over 1:2 ratio by slightly, we just don't want it getting out of control.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  452

All for CT Lockout and some form of Ratio Control. However I do NOT support the idea of First Order, our jb server is one of a kind in the fact that any and every CT is able to give orders at any time. Implementing any form of First Order is the first step to creating a warden system. Conflicting orders aren't given often enough to even warrant an automated system imo. Overall, not bad ideas and it's even better that we are all focused on making jail break the best it can be. Appreciate the time and effort y'all put into this post. Looking forward to what @Bubblez, @Lowell, @ThRza, @Snowy, @Casual, @Abomination, @Pred and @eXtr3m3 think about these proposals.

• Like 1
Edited by Gumline
tags

All for CT Lockout and some form of Ratio Control. However I do NOT support the idea of First Order, our jb server is one of a kind in the fact that any and every CT is able to give orders at any time. Implementing any form of First Order is the first step to creating a warden system. Conflicting orders aren't given often enough to even warrant an automated system imo. Overall, not bad ideas and it's even better that we are all focused on making jail break the best it can be. Appreciate the time and effort y'all put into this post. Looking forward to what @Bubblez, @Lowell, @ThRza, @Snowy, @Casual, @Abomination, @Pred and @eXtr3m3 think about these proposals.

Think of it as a "Warden-lite" rather than the next step to a Warden system, it's being added to solve the same issue Warden does without going too overboard. I understand why you might be against this due to you, Bubblez, and a few others taking control from the start of the round, but do realize that it is only for the first order when the server fills up past a certain number.

• Content Count:  1020

I also believe that he first order is quite out of hand for the reason that @Gumline stated. People who conflict orders either don’t understand the rules,which will hopefully would be taken care of with the 25 minutes if implemented or they are looking for trouble so it would happen later in the round either way. I feel as if it would just be a nuscance after a week of it being added. Not totally against it because I can see how it could help but I feel as if it would have a miniscule impact and takes away a kind of a charm that our server has compared to others. And if we do decide to add this because it seems a majority want to see it added, I suggest we at least make the time lower to around 10-15 seconds because 30 imo is quite higher for one first order.

• Like 2

I also believe that he first order is quite out of hand for the reason that @Gumline stated. People who conflict orders either don’t understand the rules,which will hopefully would be taken care of with the 25 minutes if implemented or they are looking for trouble so it would happen later in the round either way.

I don't want to name anyone, but it's pretty clear that people fight a lot over the first order at the start of the round regardless of how much they play on the server. There is plenty of times where people knowingly conflict someone because they're being a dick, don't like the order, or are trying to do their order first. The amount of fights this starts between people on CT side in my time at SG has been absolutely nuts. This extends so far past the start of the round when for the rest of the map you have two little kids bitching either other out. I personally don't see it as very server changing because it only represents like 10-15% of the servers uptime and it could always be adjusted.

And if we do decide to add this because it seems a majority want to see it added, I suggest we at least make the time lower to around 10-15 seconds because 30 imo is quite higher for one first order.

I'm going to play the server a bit to see what it could be like tonight and try to get a decent sample size. Generally I wrote 30 seconds because Prisoners get unmuted 15 seconds after, but you're probably right that there is room for it to be reduced.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.