? servers

? players online

CT Revamp Discussion

• Content Count:  1799

As said before, 25 minutes really doesn't sound like enough time for sensible players to play ct. The First Order is something we definitely need. Usually, its a bunch of CTs screaming at the beginning of the round trying to get their order out first and after those 30 seconds, ideally the cells should be open and the Ts should be ready for another order. I also really like adding more informative tips into the announcements. I feel, at least for TTT and JB, the servers really lack is tips in chat to help new players understand the gamemode.

• Content Count:  394

Thank god. This seems good and could stop ppl from breaking rules

No matter what you do there will all ways be rulebreakers thats just the way things are you cant have order without chaos.

Anyway i think these are all great ideas though does it make me want to give pb a chance again? No it doesn't, the problem for me is just down to the player base cant get used to some 8 year old ct giving orders just feels weird. I would rather prefer someone like snowy to give orders. To anyway who was playing this morning you might know what i mean.

• Content Count:  2162

CT Lockout

If there are 20 or more players on the server, someone requires 25 minutes of playtime to switch to CT side. When someone tries to join CT without this requirement and is prevented from doing so a message displays itself in chat, if possible a sound playing to catch their attention would be nice as well. The reason for the “If there are 20 players” is to not cause the start of the day population to have issues while still making it so later into the day things can be peaceful when there are more players.

Feel like there definitely should be a lockout on the CT playtime when someone joins the server. However, I have to ask what you mean by the 25 minutes of playtime. Is this a total of 25 minutes played on the server, or 25 minutes during the current session? If its for the current session, then this would make sense as to why its relatively low, but would also cause problems if too many people dont want to play CT, and those that do havent reached their 25 minutes yet. If it is for overall playtime on the server, as a sort of CT introduction system, then it should be more than 25 minutes. Either way, I think its a good idea and would really help out the admins for the newer players.

Ratio Control

When server has 24 or more players ratio is locked 2:3 and cannot go over that. A message in chat when someone is prevented from switching teams is displayed locally with something along the lines of “Sorry, in order to keep the ratio balanced please stay T at this time”. It would also be useful to play a sound, but it’s not entirely necessary.

This is a good idea, and would take time out of the ratio fix problems that happen on every map. One question that comes to mind though, is that if the ratio is higher than 2:3 when the playercount hits 24 players, would the plugin automatically switch some CTs over, or would it just lock anyone out until that 2:3 is reached through playtime. (Might be issues with map changes and this).

First Order

When server has 24 players or more First Order is enabled, all CT’s muted at start of round except the CT who types !fo for the first 30 seconds, after this time the guards are unmuted. Anyone can give orders after this time. During these 30 seconds, other CT orders given through chat are not valid. A simple message in chat that says “Guards are muted for 45 seconds, please listen to %PLAYER% who will give your first order” This will be clarified in the rules thread, in very simple terms.

I like the concept of this, however I feel that it would end up being abused in the long run, with people taking !fo just to talk and feel above all of the other players on the server. Not saying its a bad idea, but it would take some tweaking and rule changes in order to figure out the best way to incorporate it into the server.

Tips and Adverts

We’re gonna look into adding more rules and general tips in the form of chat announcements. This way players can learn even quicker by just playing T side.

This is probably a great idea, as it would give people some stuff to learn, not just for CTs, but also for Ts, so they know what they can/shouldnt be getting warning shot for doing.

One more suggestion that I would have that might be possible to make is an auto slay system for anybody that is blatantly mass freekilling. The way this would work is that if a CT kills more than a certain number of Ts in a certain time frame, then they would be slain for freekilling. Obviously they might find a way around this plugin, but it would help for times when the Ts get lines up and gunned down immediately

Personally I would say if more than 5 Ts get gunned down in 1-2 seconds by one CT, then they should be auto slain, because only under very specific circumstances this type of killing would occur and be rationalized

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4441

However, I have to ask what you mean by the 25 minutes of playtime. Is this a total of 25 minutes played on the server, or 25 minutes during the current session? If its for the current session, then this would make sense as to why its relatively low, but would also cause problems if too many people dont want to play CT, and those that do havent reached their 25 minutes yet. If it is for overall playtime on the server, as a sort of CT introduction system, then it should be more than 25 minutes. Either way, I think its a good idea and would really help out the admins for the newer players.

Ideally it would be playtime, as in time not in spectator and actually playing. Similar to how CT bans worked.

This is a good idea, and would take time out of the ratio fix problems that happen on every map. One question that comes to mind though, is that if the ratio is higher than 2:3 when the playercount hits 24 players, would the plugin automatically switch some CTs over, or would it just lock anyone out until that 2:3 is reached through playtime. (Might be issues with map changes and this).

In theory it would only do it when someone tried to switch after the fact, and would block them from doing it on the spot. It'd be kinda awkward if people already on CT started getting swapped off mid-round obviously.

I like the concept of this, however I feel that it would end up being abused in the long run, with people taking !fo just to talk and feel above all of the other players on the server. Not saying its a bad idea, but it would take some tweaking and rule changes in order to figure out the best way to incorporate it into the server.

The server pretty much needs something like this at this point, and people already try to talk over eachother but this would just solidify one person gives the first order and that's that. Basically would cut the bullshit for the first little while. The time itself for CT's being unmuted is under question aswell, which is reasonable and appreciated criticism.

This is probably a great idea, as it would give people some stuff to learn, not just for CTs, but also for Ts, so they know what they can/shouldnt be getting warning shot for doing.

One more suggestion that I would have that might be possible to make is an auto slay system for anybody that is blatantly mass freekilling. The way this would work is that if a CT kills more than a certain number of Ts in a certain time frame, then they would be slain for freekilling. Obviously they might find a way around this plugin, but it would help for times when the Ts get lines up and gunned down immediately

Personally I would say if more than 5 Ts get gunned down in 1-2 seconds by one CT, then they should be auto slain, because only under very specific circumstances this type of killing would occur and be rationalized

I don't personally think this is a good idea, me and @Dominic actually were joking that someone would post this yesterday. There is a lot of circumstances where multiple Ts get killed in rapid succession and it's far too dangerous to try and make a set of "rules" for what a mass-freekill is without the context of what is happening. Someone being slayed for killing people rapidly during a deathgame or because everyone flew down a vent wouldn't be very fair to them.

Just remember everything is basically being theorized and that nothing is really concrete- most of it we don't even know specifically if it would be possible, how long it would take etc..

• Like 4

• Content Count:  712

I don't really think this would work out because I've seen many times that a CT sprayed a lot of Ts down in a few seconds.

- CT orders T to go somewhere near armory, and Ts rebel and open armory door. If a CT is waiting in armory, then he/she may be able to kill 5 Ts that rush in

- Death games: When CTs are doing death games, for example, simon says, it is really easy to kill a bunch of people if you play it right as a CT. I've seen multiple times when a CT is commanding simon says, and says a order that everyone fucks up on a lot of the Ts will get instantly killed

- A few times I've seen this happen, where orders are given and half the Ts don't know where a location is and follow the rebels, so they all are blatantly disobeying

This is a pretty good idea, but I think it's pretty risky for some CTs that know rules and play properly to suddenly be slain.

• Content Count:  391

people abusing commands more or less get punishments

god awful idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  1266

Making the numbers lower would probably be a good idea, and I got so hyped before I saw these where just ideas.

The numbers are intentionally not friendly, because it's designed to deter freekillers; if a player has to wait a measly 5 minutes before doing as he pleases, they'll wait. However, if he has to wait much longer, chances are he'll either forget the idea or just leave.

No matter what you do there will all ways be rulebreakers thats just the way things are you cant have order without chaos.

Anyway i think these are all great ideas though does it make me want to give pb a chance again? No it doesn't, the problem for me is just down to the player base cant get used to some 8 year old ct giving orders just feels weird. I would rather prefer someone like snowy to give orders. To anyway who was playing this morning you might know what i mean.

That's the average age for a PB player :|. Regardless, you're absolutely right it'll never change if older people don't come on and take charge, and they unfortunately share your mindset.

As said before, 25 minutes really doesn't sound like enough time for sensible players to play ct. The First Order is something we definitely need. Usually, its a bunch of CTs screaming at the beginning of the round trying to get their order out first and after those 30 seconds, ideally the cells should be open and the Ts should be ready for another order. I also really like adding more informative tips into the announcements. I feel, at least for TTT and JB, the servers really lack is tips in chat to help new players understand the gamemode.

Nothing is currently set in concrete, the times can be raised or lowered, as for the tips more will definitely be instilled to the server.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  796

Not gonna quote a post that long cus clutter. @DML I had meant the player numbers, because people will freekilled with 15 people on, especially with us being one of the more respected communities in csgo, people will freekill at any point.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.