• All Ts
    • diryathing
    • DML
    • delirium
    • Kyle
    • tides

SG's Favorite Admin - Finals

• Content Count:  1382

I propose ridding @diryathing from the contest and doing a revote allowing for both @tides (if he wins here) and someone else to win. Basically forced everyones hand to vote for one person to avoid diryathing to win in the name of campaigning. Y'all ruining this fun contest that people like @Black Rain take quite a lot of time to run and even as someone who doesn't even like the contest that much to begin with it makes me a bit annoyed. Campaigning really never was a huge problem in the past besides the meme but this time its pretty obvious people are trolling so probably the best way to salvage the contest.

f2eShiV.jpg

basically what us motherfuckas been saying the whole damn time.

• Content Count:  1039

treat anything in () as a "pause, let me give you some background/provide a personal comment"

I do not regret my decision to campaign (I started campaigning during the semifinals). I understand that the extent of my campaigning (campaigning to ze players to win a contest) is as bad as sidearmsavage/stunningjam/insidious (creating fake accounts to win a contest) hence completing Korean's prophecy (sorry kyle it won't be you who becomes the annual villain of the favorite admin contest).

My desire to win was the primary motive of me doing this*. I wanted to win the entire contest for bragging rights but I felt like that would not be possible because ZE is underrepresented on the forums (even if this is not true, I still believe it as of now. Someone tell me otherwise). So I was frustrated internally. I knew if I campaigned to ze players I could easily win the entire thing but kept a guilty conscience because at that time I was not eligible for the wall of shame (which I placed a lot of value of not getting into).

Fast forward to the 8/24, after coming back from an eye exam, I was really struggling with deciding to keep my integrity and lose in the semifinals with any chances of winning going down because of cept's unexpected campaigning earlier that week (I'm not wrong about my chances of winning here is a quote from montag: "I would have voted for you if it was not for cept's campaigning". Here is a real question btw, why did I not stop him? The best answer I can provide is because I felt happy that someone would go out of their way to campaign for me and did not want to stop him. ) or win for the sake of winning.

I was talking to roux about my dilemma when greggy came on and announced I was going to be on korean's wall because of cept's campaigning. At that point I changed my mentality to "it should be fine to go with that plan because I have nothing left to lose, I'll be in korean's wall of shame whatever I do at this point". So I asked cept for her to become my campaign manager and explained my plan to win.

During my time campaigning, I felt motivated and excited(something I haven't felt in a long time, the feeling of doing everything I can to win reminiscent to tryharding back in 2016) and proceeded to talk to every single ze player I knew of to help me win this contest (I also thanked each one for doing this because:

1. its the least I could do
  2. they understood what I'm doing is dirty and are willing to help me out anyways. I did not force anyone.)

My motivation skyrocketed when I found out (on the day of the finals) that I made the entire forums my enemy (it was also thrilling) with my plan to win.

If you guessed the amount of people I talked to was 15 you are wrong, I went as far as talking to 28 unique people where 25 choose to help me out (in either of one of the two days or for both days) through steam messages/discord calls/discord pms*. (That number also includes actual ZE regs who do visit the forums regularly). I look like an extreme competitor who went beyond "its just a friendly game" and I'm surprised at how the contest turned out(and at me and cept's campaigning skills).

As I said before I do not regret my decision to enact this but I do recognize that it was extreme(who the hell is willing to talk to 28 people?) and ruined the fun for other people (especially the other finalists and delirium). So for that I am sorry for ruining your fun in order to attempt to win a contest.

As for what @All Ts proposed, I do not like it but I believe (through another person's perspective) that it would be appropriate for me making a lot of forum members throw away their personal choices in order to defeat me so that I cannot say "I won through campaigning".

*other motives include: Making people vote for ze admins (tides counts), not disappointing cept for her after all the campaigning he did that week, proving ZE has forum presence and a respectable gamemode

*Surprisingly I did make a personal rule where I will not use steam group announcements to campaign and to only ask ZE players

(Its almost 3 am and I've been trying to type this since 12:30 so I'm going to stop and go to sleep because I think this should be satisfactory for you guys in trying to explain what I did for the contest. I'll just color code the entire thing later if you don't want to read the whole thing.)

Tldr; I explain how to campaign like a ze tryahrd

Edited by diryathing
added the tldr

• Content Count:  5108

treat anything in () as a "pause, let me give you some background/provide a personal comment"

I do not regret my decision to campaign (I started campaigning during the semifinals). I understand that the extent of my campaigning (campaigning to ze players to win a contest) is as bad as sidearmsavage/stunningjam/insidious (creating fake accounts to win a contest) hence completing Korean's prophecy (sorry kyle it won't be you who becomes the annual villain of the favorite admin contest).

My desire to win was the primary motive of me doing this*. I wanted to win the entire contest for bragging rights but I felt like that would not be possible because ZE is underrepresented on the forums (even if this is not true, I still believe it as of now. Someone tell me otherwise). So I was frustrated internally. I knew if I campaigned to ze players I could easily win the entire thing but kept a guilty conscience because at that time I was not eligible for the wall of shame (which I placed a lot of value of not getting into).

Fast forward to the 8/24, after coming back from an eye exam, I was really struggling with deciding to keep my integrity and lose in the semifinals with any chances of winning going down because of cept's unexpected campaigning earlier that week (I'm not wrong about my chances of winning here is a quote from montag: "I would have voted for you if it was not for cept's campaigning". Here is a real question btw, why did I not stop him? The best answer I can provide is because I felt happy that someone would go out of their way to campaign for me and did not want to stop him. ) or win for the sake of winning.

I was talking to roux about my dilemma when greggy came on and announced I was going to be on korean's wall because of cept's campaigning. At that point I changed my mentality to "it should be fine to go with that plan because I have nothing left to lose, I'll be in korean's wall of shame whatever I do at this point". So I asked cept for her to become my campaign manager and explained my plan to win.

During my time campaigning, I felt motivated and excited(something I haven't felt in a long time, the feeling of doing everything I can to win reminiscent to tryharding back in 2016) and proceeded to talk to every single ze player I knew of to help me win this contest (I also thanked each one for doing this because:

2. they understood what I'm doing is dirty and are willing to help me out anyways. I did not force anyone.)

My motivation skyrocketed when I found out (on the day of the finals) that I made the entire forums my enemy (it was also thrilling) with my plan to win.

If you guessed the amount of people I talked to was 15 you are wrong, I went as far as talking to 28 unique people where 25 choose to help me out (in either of one of the two days or for both days) through steam messages/discord calls/discord pms*. (That number also includes actual ZE regs who do visit the forums regularly). I look like an extreme competitor who went beyond "its just a friendly game" and I'm surprised at how the contest turned out(and at me and cept's campaigning skills).

As I said before I do not regret my decision to enact this but I do recognize that it was extreme(who the hell is willing to talk to 28 people?) and ruined the fun for other people (especially the other finalists and delirium). So for that I am sorry for ruining your fun in order to attempt to win a contest.

As for what @All Ts proposed, I do not like it but I believe (through another person's perspective) that it would be appropriate for me making a lot of forum members throw away their personal choices in order to defeat me so that I cannot say "I won through campaigning".

*other motives include: Making people vote for ze admins (tides counts), not disappointing cept for her after all the campaigning he did that week, proving ZE has forum presence and a respectable gamemode

*Surprisingly I did make a personal rule where I will not use steam group announcements to campaign and to only ask ZE players

(Its almost 3 am and I've been trying to type this since 12:30 so I'm going to stop and go to sleep because I think this should be satisfactory for you guys in trying to explain what I did for the contest. I'll just color code the entire thing later if you don't want to read the whole thing.)

hzrPVot.jpg

• Like 7

• Content Count:  1194

saKwD9i.jpg

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5381

mfw

dNT3M7F.jpg

• Like 4

Reply to Thread