? servers

? players online

Can you appeal a scrim strike?

• Content Count:  4441

As of now, no you can't. We will be discussing strikes this weekend in our staff meeting. I'll try to get back to you whenever I can this week.

Why would someone not use the appeal ban section to appeal a strike.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

Why would someone even be aware that they've been given a strike?

I was under the impression this system implied the admins actually tell the person they have a strike, because that makes sense. I don't see why we have a system where people can just get these strikes on their record at SG without being notified by some form of protocol. A portion should be added that specifically states the person should be notified that they've received a strike. I don't know if this is being done by Roux maybe by forums messages, but it should be. Speaking to @Lokibelowkey on TeamSpeak I just read the thread in the admin section which doesn't explicitly state any of that, nor does it really set out a specific protocol or anything in some form of productive way.

I personally wouldn't use the Strike system even if it was fixed, our regular protocol works far more efficiently in my personal opinion. I'm not sure if the admin who striked Loki had told him that he was going to be striked, but it really seems counter-productive to have a strike-out system that ends with a month long ban but not notify people that they're going to reach that in x number of offenses. Regardless of any of that, after that is fixed someone should be able to appeal their strike through appeals as if it was any other kind of punishment or fill out an admin complaint about the admin who gave them the punishment for x, y, z reasons.

Just my two cents.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1056

I was under the impression this system implied the admins actually tell the person they have a strike, because that makes sense. I don't see why we have a system where people can just get these strikes on their record at SG without being notified by some form of protocol. A portion should be added that specifically states the person should be notified that they've received a strike. I don't know if this is being done by Roux maybe by forums messages, but it should be. Speaking to @Lokibelowkey on TeamSpeak I just read the thread in the admin section which doesn't explicitly state any of that, nor does it really set out a specific protocol or anything in some form of productive way.

I personally wouldn't use the Strike system even if it was fixed, our regular protocol works far more efficiently in my personal opinion. I'm not sure if the admin who striked Loki had told him that he was going to be striked, but it really seems counter-productive to have a strike-out system that ends with a month long ban but not notify people that they're going to reach that in x number of offenses. Regardless of any of that, after that is fixed someone should be able to appeal their strike through appeals as if it was any other kind of punishment or fill out an admin complaint about the admin who gave them the punishment for x, y, z reasons.

Just my two cents.

Had a talk with @Ned about notifying people as he brought it up and thought it was stupid that there was no way of a person knowing they had been striked bar them being told by an admin. I did add it to the list so it should be discussed in the staff meeting.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2579

Why would someone not use the appeal ban section to appeal a strike.

Strikes are private afaik and they are not 'bans'. I would have let the ban appeal section for bans when a user would have reached 3 strikes. This is going to be discussed sunday as I believe myself it should be changed. I do plan on implementing a way to appeal strikes while making them public.

I did not think about making them public for the same reasons our admin strikes aren't. After consideration and for the sake of transparency (to avoid misunderstanding and posts like this one in the future, too) I'll probably make them publicly available + ask for a sub-section speicfically to appeal strikes. Our regular way of dealing with rulebreakers works great, but I didn't like the idea of banning people on all servers for minor offenses on scrim. More on that at the next meeting.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread