? servers

? players online

New rules that i think should be implemented / suggestions

• Content Count:  1799

Everything's gotta be some sort of shout competition lmao. I like a few of these ideas. Maybe even a JB community meeting is due soon. Due to having new ATs I think it'd be good for everyone to be on the same page especially when Dominic and All Ts left in the middle of their Jailbreak Revamp 2.0. I believe things like, "Ghosting should never be allowed (Even if alive) it just ruins the point of rebelling in cells which brings me to this point" should be looked at, especially because from my experience on the server, the only person who enjoys "blood-hounding" is the the person selling out their t-buddies. It completely ruins the entire meaning of jailbreak in that the Ts are supposed to beat the CTs.

There are some really good suggestions in here, everything listed deserves at least some sort of attention if we want Jailbreak to retain the rank it has currently. If we continue to just let Jailbreak sit idle eventually the player-base is going to shift onto servers they feel is more exciting and can offer them something vastly different from ours.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3150

Whats being talked about in most of the original post in terms of changes is heavily related to forced deathgames which should never be something implemented on the server. It hasn't been that way in all the years it existed, and I believe a good player base has been built around it. There is a good point made that a lot of the time Ts are stuck just getting bounced from one area to another, which I can understand being a problem. The other issue I've seen, which was also mentioned here, is the excessive and near constant freedays being called. I'd say 60-75% of the rounds at least one CT is spamming freeday on mic and causing absolute chaos. Its hard enough to wrangle Ts to do what you want when they're screaming, not to mention when CTs are basically against you as well. This seems like an issue that was easier to control when the server had a lower player cap, where now with up to 50 players you get 15 CTs all contradicting each other.

Most of the rules typed out here are already listed and implemented in the servers, so it just feels like a big copy/paste from somewhere else.

The plugins are interesting, but probably not necessary.

All the deathgames listed are....deathgames obviously. no good.

A lot of the issue(s) presented or that could be presented for PB are the fact that there are some shit CTs, a lot of them really. On top of that, there aren't many good CTs out there that can actually take command, and when they do try someone starts freeday blasting as I mentioned earlier. It may not seem like an issue because the server is 'doing really well' right now, but chaos issues like the ones I've seen cause high player turnover and will hinder the server's ability to gain loyal players. When you're talking about a game mode like JB, there is an abundance of younger children who tend to favor that game mode, but what you'll have trouble getting is people who can keep them in line just enough to make for an enjoyable experience.

Some slight rule tweaks or a small addon might help take care of the CTs inability to agree on orders or not just spam freedays all the time, but its hard to say. Was trying to come up with something concrete in terms of a fix for that, but then this big massive post got made :p.

Also just for good measure, SG is 2nd most popular [uS] JB server currently, and I'd imagine generally holds top 5.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18950[/ATTACH]

Big difference between us and the top 5 sever listed there? Maps

They have a few maps we don't, and they've removed a few maps from rotation that we keep on. They also have taken several popular maps and made custom versions from what I can tell. Mostly food for thought at this point.

• Like 6
Edited by BoM

• Content Count:  3294

To BoM and Robert,

Currently the way JB goes is the CT’s send the T’s somewhere and have them play some mini game or fuck around. Yes the point of being a ct is to enforce and stop rebellers but in all honesty you kind of want a few rebellers to speed up the round. On some maps like Revamp, Razor, and Spy V Spy after playing for ten minutes it begins to get boring and most of the time only a few t’s are willing for death games, so getting to those lr’s are fun. If we were to force death games like Robert suggested then we would lose the dozens of players who play for the relaxedness and “freestylic” “vibe”. Another big problem is as you guys said Ct’s screaming over the mic “Freeday freeday” when another CT is trying to give an actual order. This is a pretty big problem because unless the CT giving a real order gives into the free day and they keep going at it the rest of the sever will get confused and get upset about conflictions.

A JB meeting is absolutely due and the reps need to get it through to the players that they can’t do certain things because it ruins the integrity and stability of the round/server.

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  678

Since Delirium said he wasn't gonna go through the OP in a post, I'm gonna swoop in on it. To keep things sane, any rules that are already on the server will be removed.

I think it's pretty obvious that jailbreak needs some new rules. Some of these rules are inspired by a Swedish server called ''playpark'' overall their rules are pretty good and I think would be a good add-on to this server. There are also some plugins that I think might be needed too.

So here's the list.

GENERAL RULES

Ghosting should never be allowed (Even if alive) it just ruins the point of rebelling in cells which brings me to this point

Selling out teammates is a legitimate strategy, as you can distract CTs and give your team space to move, or take the deal the CT offered.

It should not be allowed for ct's to be in cells at all till a certain amount of time which brings me the next point!

No, CTs need to be able to clear out cells + chase Ts that go through secrets. (thinking of razor)

The rounds need more time. 5 minutes is not enough at all, to be honest, At least 8 minutes imo that means it should be allowed in cells at about 6:00.

Roundtime is at it's best right now, just long enough for a good long con, and still short enough that getting freekilled in the beginning of the round doesn't make you want to leave.

Forcing death games: Forcing death games is needed I am pretty sure. There's nothing to do with t's if there are no death games, for example, if there's 4 t's and ct's / t's want to lr death games are needed. It's very boring to just run around the map swimming in pool and staying in isolation and stuff.

We have historically been one of (only?) the servers to NOT force deathgames (DGs). Changing this completely changes the rebel meta we currently have.

Freedays: Freeday should only be allowed once every 2 rounds. It becomes very boring for t's to have free days all the time.

If you're bored during a freeday, you might be doing it wrong.

Free damage / free kill: I am sick and tierd of people screaming FREE KILLER FREE KILLER, admins can't see everything that's going on and I think that should be a 5 minute mute atleast, and if there are no admins online, ct's should be allowed to tell the t's to be off-mic and if the t's arent of mic in 3 seconds the t violating the rule should be killed.

The second half of this rule already exists, and you can even do it with admins on! Anyway, a 5 minute mute would be the majority of the round, even if they were 8 minutes long, this would kill the BM on server, thus reduce the competitive nature of the gamemode.

Giving out free days: You should not be allowed to give out free days to a single person in the middle of the round, this could be needed since some ct's just give out free days randomly.

This falls under special orders, which are entirely allowed and entirely revocable without repercussion. Special orders are handy because sometimes you need to send just one T to medic, or you want to pull innocent Ts out of a crowd to pick the one that's actually rebelling.

Back to the time thing: Ct's should not be allowed to go in secrets till 6:00 it's basically impossible to go in secrets because people are scared that ct's are just sitting and camping there. If cells aren't opened by 7:00 shall be automatically a freeday (ct's can say if it's restricted or not)

Secrets on the server should always be a risk. You are doing something that you 100% know you should NOT be doing, and if you take risk, be prepared for the consequences. That said, secrets are also very easy to use right, just keep tabs on where the guards are and a little luck.

Camping: Ct's should not be allowed to camp armory at all, grab your gun and utility (if there is) and go out of armory. Last ct's tho should be allowed to camp a spot for a max of 1 minute until they have to move.

Even in an 8 minute round, a CT camping(if not enforcing) for a minute long would be ridiculous.

All types of lr cheating should not be allowed. You are not allowed to kill someone that is in lr, if you hurt someone in lr / stand in the way you should be slain.

I almost flat took this out, but Ts cheating LRs is canon(?) to the RP nature of JB. The slay in this instance is just a KOS.

Zeus / grenades should be counted as a knife, ct's cannot kill t's for having a Zeus / nade, but if they use it ct's can kill them of course (with intent to harm).

This, is an idea I can get behind, actually. The fear of Ts having a free zeus would keep dumb CTs from baiting, the only problem is that there's really not enough zeus' on JB maps to make this a rule worth changing. Also, the idea of a T being told to throw a nade in prison is never been one I agreed with, but scared CTs will be scared.

When you start an LR, rules told earlier don't apply anymore.

what? so no rules during LRs, or the T needs to whip out rules mid-game? I don't think this idea was finished...

Lr prizes should be told before the t starts an lr, so if the t already started the lr and ct's haven't said there is a price if they win there is no price the ct's can't say there is a price when it has already started.

The prize for your LR(Last Request) is death. congratulations!

If you've lost a game you are not allowed to come back alive. T's should be allowed to ask ct's is they are allowed to come back alive and if it's a no it's a no (ct's are allowed to say come back and if they don't say the alive part ct's can kill the t who was a rebel)

I feel like this is implied, kinda? Again this is a little awkward to read, but what I think you saying is "Ts that lose a game(DG?) cannot return to the game" In this situation, usually CTs either say to rejoin the game, or deliver death.

CT RULES

If you take first order you need to know how to direct properly, know your orders (not forget them) and have read the rules (that applies to all ct's you need to read rules).

Hopefully every player reads the rules, but más o menos.

You should need to have a mic that works well to be ct, people without mics should be switched. I am tired of t's saying the got a free day and tell me to look in chat. And t's don't want orders in chat (atleast most of the times).

We literally have TOO many threads on this, so I cherry picked a good response from the first one I found.

Why restrict what a ct can do based off of whether or not he has a mic

Might be doctored, but it's pretty direct.

Ct's can give out a max of 3 penalty rounds.

Probably should define "penalty rounds" for us

Ct's are not allowed to punish all t's for 1 t's actions.

But it's fun. This would be hard for admins to enforce, because the CT could say something along the lines of "Man I'm so mad H4X0R keeps killing me, all Ts go to iso, for no reason." The rule would complicate CTs ability to give orders, which they already struggle with.

If there is a death game for example 50/50 ct's have to type the answer in ct chat.

Its only honorable to do so, and I agree this would keep CTs honest, at least to their teammates. This is a good idea.

CTs can not troll the t's by saying words that sound similar (for example Simon sells jump when they are supposed to say Simon says jump)

Simon say is also something that's been discussed far too much. At this point, me as a player, I just see simon says as a CT discretion based game (same with what's for dinner, joke day) and pretty much avoid it like the plague.

T's have 5? seconds to do the command the ct's want them to if they don't do it in 3 seconds they get warning shot and if they don't do commands in another 3 seconds they can be killed.

This one is a gray area, but here is where reason comes in. The rules don't specifically say how long you should wait, regs on server recently have been saying 5 seconds, and the only place I found that even says a time is from EARLY 2017.

He needs to give you reasonable time to react to the order and stop moving. You should be able to follow the order within 2-3 seconds and stop moving, if you don't they have the right to shoot you.

Ct always has to explain a death game shortly but well explained.

This isn't explicitly in the rules, but usually happens anyway.

As ct, you are NEVER allowed to team kill.

Neither team is.

Terrorist RULES

You are not allowed to LR on free days unless ct's say you are allowed to

Why though? LR exists to shorten round times.

In LR's you need to give fair rules (No rules that give an advantage to one player)

As both players have to follow the rules, I would highly impressed if you could find a situation where one side benefits more.

T's are not allowed to tell where other t's are! No matter what. Covered above

Team killing is allowed but if you team kill ct's can kill you.

I live for the day a T teamkills a CT. This rule would be replacing an admin action with a CT action. My brain tells me somehow a CT could abuse this to farm kills, but I digress. Admins handle this well.

If you are rebelling you need to be active if all the other t's are rebelling.

This removes LRs from the equation, enables a CT to freekill easily, and forces an action on the T side that is not an order. This is not a good idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLUGINS [

not my department, sorry

NEW DEATH GAMES

I have made several death games popular on this server including what's for dinner (originally named the food game)

Here are some new games that I think people would enjoy

Always love new DGs, simon says makes me want to neck. The thing about DGs is that getting a T to accept it is key. Once they've accepted that they're gonna die, you can do damn near anything with them.

Geo game

HOW IT WORKS: A ct types 1 letter and the t have to say a country that starts with that letter (Ct's can't say it's a specific country) T's have 5 or 10 seconds depending on what the ct prefers

Evil Simon says

HOW IT WORKS: It's identical to Simon says but you start with evil Simon says instead of Simon says and the last person to do the command dies, EXAMPLE: Evil Simon says type 123 in chat and the last one to type it dies.

Drunken Simon says

The first person to execute the command can choose a T to die by knifing them once.

50/50

It's in the name, the t has to choose between 2 options and if they guess it right the stay alive or if there are any prizes they get that but if they chose the wrong option they are gonna get killed (You have the type the right answer in ct chat).

How i came to jail

The T explains how he came to jail and if ct's find it funny they can let him stay alive or if it wasn't funny they can kill the t (ct's need to vote in ct chat first!)

If it's a tie the one who started the death game get's to choose.

Guess the number

A ct types a number between 1-100 and the t who guesses the answer gets to choose a t who they want to die.

yes

Quiz

The t gets to chose a category and the ct asks a question in that category (the same thing as it was with 50/50 ct's have to type the answer in ct chat) If the ct doesn't know a question in that category the can ask for a new one.

Shaggy says

The ct asks a question and the T has to say yes or no with no doubts they have to answer directly. The wrong answer = death (before ct's say the question they have to type yes or no in ct chat)

basically what's for dinner, but yes

The odd one

3 t's stand in a triangle and look away from each other and then a CT says the odd one. The one with the most glances dies.

The odd one with gifts

Works exactly like the odd one but there's a gift, the one with most glances can choose to keep or give to someone else ct's are not supposed to say what the gift is till the t has said if they want to keep it or no, For example: Ivan wants to give the gift to Ulper and ulper gets killed because the gift was death.

only because this would be awful to actually enforce, im gonna say no, but I may get corrected.

I just want to clarify this. These are suggestions! I realized some of these rules had already been implemented half way doing it but I forgot to remove them. My goal for this is just 1 rule/suggestion to be implemented. Some rules don't make sense and don't fit the server. These are ideas and I don't want everything to be implemented. So the list is ideas for future rule updates/suggestions.

I'm happy to see you have suggestions to improve our server, but I've got two gripes. First, you definitely should have combed through our pre-existing rules to weed them out first. Giving us ideas we already have doesn't help at all, and frustrates the people that actually bothered to read it. This would also give your post more merit, as it sorta feels like you don't know the rules. This leads into my second gripe, that being this feels like you copy pasted PlayPark's rules onto our forum. So, I went to their page, and did a little translating myself. It turns out that you did not simply copy and paste everything, you did go through the trouble of taking out the numbers, and the bits about warden(playpark has wardens), and give a little more clarity to some rules (only example of this I saw was the ghosting bit). Now, I don't know Swedish as much as I'd like, so I don't know how direct the translations are, but some of these look like they were pulled straight out of google translate, as I was getting the exact same terminology and wording as appears in your post, in my own google translate. Don't get me wrong, sometimes you did reword awkward sentences, but not every time.

TL;DR: we aren't looking to do the same thing as other servers, thank you for the suggestion!

• Like 3

• Content Count:  4441

I truly believe there are some good ideas in here that are worth looking at, even if they are tweaked a bit or rearranged to fit the server. I have to say to players, staff, and managers alike to not get carried away with changing a whole bunch of shit. My whole mindset behind managing Jailbreak was getting feedback, having meetings, talking to all you guys personally, and fleshing ideas out with staff/managers to the point where we had the highest possible level of knowledge before we did changes. All of the changes we made hit an easy medium between the extreme almost nazi-like state of the other servers and ours. Those changes weren't like that because myself and Dominic were genius', it was like that because we had good feedback, we molded our ideas to fit the servers, and were lucky enough to have the support of a skilled man like @Liam Brown. People may of disagreed with us, you may of agreed, you may of hated the server as we changed it but those changes are one of the primary factors that launched JB to it's current success. The perfect storm got created in the events that were being ran by the team, the F2P, the slots, and how lucky we are to have some admins who were willing to hold the line for a few months.

Jailbreak is probably one of the most malleable servers in terms of what we have here at SG and if you come up with a solid road map for what's wrong on the server, how you would like to solve it, and whether that solution is both practical yet maintains fun on the server you can make awesome change. I've seen many impulse changes to the server in the past due to a sudden big push for change and people not appreciating the system that is put in place. I've also seen utter stagnation by people who think the server is perfect the way it is, can't possibly improve and that previous managers had to of thought of everything. All of that is nonsense. Anyone who dismisses opinions for that shit needs to be ignored or told that they're wrong, cause when I got the server there were so many illogical dinosaur age changes on their from stubborn people who couldn't be asked to follow a line of logical thought into a removal or addition.

Being like other servers is not a bad thing if you can keep the integrity of the server and you're not taking shitty ideas that kill the concept of the gamemode. If the honest position of the managers is currently that we don't at all want to to do what others are doing I would be pretty shocked and worried for the future of the server. In my opinion, a little bit of structure in rules is important, a little bit of restriction in what CT's are allowed to do is important, but at the same time the server needs to feel free enough to allow for creativity, roleplay and deviation. This lets the skilled players shine, it lets people mess around and doesn't create an environment where things begin to get boring. I think the people pushing for Deathgames are unwilling to come up with a way to make it work themselves and don't understand that the fun our server gets is from being the Deathmatch "Jailbreak" on fast-paced maps with a lot of secrets. Other servers you die and similar to GMOD TTT you sit dead for minutes at a time, on our server you die, you wait a minute or two and you're back in the action. This is why when you change anything like round-time or make changes that might slow down, increase the length of round in theory or not that you must be very careful.

The real things I was looking at adding to the server was:

• Special Days (we were working on a concept that might work)
  • Optimizing/fixing the LR plugin
  • Working on scaling the server up to where it won't be a clusterfuck, will retain it's identity but could compete with pG.
  • Store plugin changes to increase advertising, player interaction, playtime and new systems such as buying more models, converting credits etc.
  • Jailbreak Rank System
  • Optional CT-ban plugin fit with protocol.

If our Jailbreak Revamp 2.0 doesn't get finished by the current management I think it would be doing themselves a great disservice as these are things that we fleshed out, discussed with the community and are ideas that I personally think bring our server way past the competition. I understand that the new management is likely settling in, learning, and readjusting in @Wawa's case, but you're absolutely right that in order to keep interest that getting the ball rolling, encouraging/participating in discussion, and acting is the right case- even if the ideas aren't right yet.

This thread, the OP atleast I almost agree with @delirium that a lot of the things you mentioned are already on our servers and the things that aren't are there for good reasons. This includes everything to your stipulation on armory camping, Ghosting not allowed even when alive (?), When you start an LR, rules told earlier don't apply anymore (again ?) and Ct's can give out a max of 3 penalty rounds (what does this mean?). I entirely agree with having discussion, but you got to put more effort in then what looks like a big splurged wall of text or possibly copy+paste. I can't tell what atleast 25% of your OP means, and then the other 50% of it are things that are already on the server, with the remainder being changes with no reason and theory behind. You have to do better with these threads if you really want to create quality discussion that isn't all over the place.

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts

• Content Count:  257

The rounds need more time. 5 minutes is not enough at all, to be honest, At least 8 minutes imo that means it should be allowed in cells at about 6:00.

Going to have to agree with you on this one. The rounds are usually ending up in a tie, which eventually makes PB unfortunately stale. I think 8 minutes is a little bit excessive, but maybe an extra minute or 2 could help prevent ties from happening EVERY round.

Other than that though, you have some good plug-in ideas, but if you haven't realized we used to have to make our own LRs without plug-ins; for example LR rooms like vipinthemix has low gravity knife fight, S4S, Race, Knife Pit, and race. A lot of maps have custom LRs, and it's not always the worst idea to not use the plug-in. So I think adding more LRs wouldn't be to important at the moment.

• Content Count:  3150

Going to have to agree with you on this one. The rounds are usually ending up in a tie, which eventually makes PB unfortunately stale. I think 8 minutes is a little bit excessive, but maybe an extra minute or 2 could help prevent ties from happening EVERY round.

Would an extra 2 minutes really fix that though ? What's occurring to cause a draw like that? I would assume shit CTs or shit orders, causing Ts to be stuck somewhere and/or CTs to be camping. I've seen some cases of the staleness you've been talking about, particularly on maps where it's hard to rebel. Even when Ts do rebel or even get a solid win, its usually because some idiot CT walks back first into a crowd...which isnt really how it's supposed to go.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  678

Having already put in my two cents, I really ought not. Fork the rules.

5 minutes roundtime,

cells open at 4:20(hopefully ffs), giving guards 35 seconds to bitch about last round, and 5 sec to actually give FO, and repeat it.

Ts move to FO positions by 4:10, next order by 3:50 (unless early rebel)

Ts at 2nd order by 3:30ish, main rebel has started (probably)

about a minute of gunfights/stabs, so by 2:15 guards can have retaken control with about half the Ts left (if they didn't re-take, then the round is almost over, just need to clean up remaining guards)

2:00 3rd order given, followed by 1:30ish(trying to be negatively generous on time) 2nd main rebel opportunity here, if there's enough Ts

if rebel, gunfight can last until end of round, it really depends on who the CTs are, if control is regained by this point, then the CTs either take LRs or have to wait bc all of last Ts flat out aren't rebelling that round.

Adding more time (save maybe a single minute) only increases the time dead Ts and CTs are waiting, as the round either closes out during a main rebel wave, or LRs are reached. This is what I see from my viewpoint, I would like to see what difference everyone else sees.

Edited by Enderspine
wrong quote, im prolly dumb

• Content Count:  70

I'm going to try assess this as best I can.

Ghosting should never be allowed (Even if alive)

Ghosting isn't allowed, if you're alive it's considered what's called "bloodhound" which is another way of saying 'don't be a dick'

It should not be allowed for ct's to be in cells at all till a certain amount of time

fucking why? CTs are allowed to go wherever they want (besides exploits).

Forcing death games: Forcing death games is needed I am pretty sure.

This server doesn't do that because there are a lot of children on who don't want to spend their time dead because of a deathgame they would most likely get nothing from if forced.

there's 4 t's and ct's / t's want to lr death games are needed.

The set amount of t's required for lrs is three here, one extra lr would mean nothing.

Freedays: Freeday should only be allowed once every 2 rounds

While freedays can be given any round I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to give the same orders more than three rounds in a row. So this just seems ridiculous and hard to keep track of

Free damage / free kill: I am sick and tierd of people screaming FREE KILLER FREE KILLER

If players are screaming into their mic repeatedly shouting this they will most likely get muted, I suggest you don't base your opinion on a one time occurrence.

Giving out free days: You should not be allowed to give out free days to a single person in the middle of the round

Special orders are allowed but not if repeated. Keep in mind that any ct can revoke the fd as easily as it can be given.

Back to the time thing: Ct's should not be allowed to go in secrets till 6:00 it's basically impossible to go in secrets because people are scared that ct's are just sitting and camping there. If cells aren't opened by 7:00 shall be automatically a freeday (ct's can say if it's restricted or not)

I'm going to start skimming this rather than read this in detail because you clearly must be insane to let rounds last more than five minutes

Camping: Ct's should not be allowed to camp armory at all

They can camp, its a part of being on ct, however if you are camping to the point of not helping your team/delaying then it is not allowed.

All types of lr cheating should not be allowed. You are not allowed to kill someone that is in lr, if you hurt someone in lr / stand in the way you should be slain.

Isolation is counted as a cell before 6:00.

READ THE RULES FOR ONCE

I'm not reading the rest of this section

CT rules section

Either it was already added in some way or just simply no to your ideas here.

T section

The Ts are allowed to do whatever the fuck they want, but the CTs will try to stop them(to an extent)

LR section

Stupid or really stupid.

I suggest you read the rules of this server and learn about it a little more.

Edit

I'm sorry for this essay but this stupidity made me mad

Edited by Trevis

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.