? servers

? players online

Warden for JB

• Content Count:  272

Maybe only allow it to be used once a certain amount of CTs join. Also, there should be a way to ban people from being warden and make it so only those with mics allowed to be warden. I honestly don't think it would be a good idea considering how T sided the server is. The 1 CT isn't gonna be able to tell everything that's happening and might not be able to give the right orders at the right time especially in a server with 30+ people where it can get chaotic. I would not personally like to see a warden plugin implemented.

Edit: Also what uno said. The server is unique because it has no warden and that's what brought many players here and what brought me here.

Edited by thump

• Content Count:  367

I believe this should not be added because it would ruin the fun for other CTs. Having no warden on our server makes it unique. Personally I have heard great feedback about this. Players from other servers get hooked to ours and that is one of the reasons why. It’s fun having a chance to give orders

• Content Count:  1952

Honestly, my opinion has changed and I feel like a warden plugin would be great if there is above a certain limit of players like 20-30+ like what fuze mentioned and I feel as if it could reduce freekill and confusion much more but obviously we need restrictions to it such as once every 2-3 rounds and a time constraint before being able to use it in the first place. I'm not sure how I feel about it when it comes to our players but I'll believe the best will come with the Jailbreak team.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  30

I think that having a warden would lower the confusion and the amount of T orders, but also it could be abused especially if a new player was chosen as warden. I think that the idea of a warden could be worked on and made into a viable addition to JB.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  590

I think that having a warden would lower the confusion and the amount of T orders, but also it could be abused especially if a new player was chosen as warden. I think that the idea of a warden could be worked on and made into a viable addition to JB.

It’s like what I said before. Warden would only be available to high experienced players. Only after a minimum of a few hours you can actually access warden. Yes, it sucks that newer players can’t be warden and I know we look for the attraction of newer players here, but they can still access CT through only 20 minutes of play time. While they can’t exactly give orders because that’s the wardens job, they can still have the freedom of CT which many players enjoy.

I’ve always wanted wardens being added because this could massively reduce conflicting orders and general confusion. I also want to be able to sweat even harder on JB kids to boost my ego

• Like 2

• Content Count:  64

I dont agree with this idea, the fact we don't have wardens separates us from other servers I think that we have something special and i dont see what we should change what we have. The JB community is built around the current server and that is a MASSIVE change I think that JB is under repped on the forums, and thats a problem for another day, I think this plug-in should NOT be implemented. I also believe that some people are not capable of being warden and would ruin it for others, I have seen many people incompetent on ct that by no means should be wardens.

Also CT is fun because you can give orders that would be stripping the fun from the game for CT players

• Like 1
Edited by tommie

• Content Count:  74

I thought about replying to this for a bit. So now I will.

Yes, I think there should be a warden plugin. I have only touched two other JB servers with Warden plugins and they are both very successful. I love the SG TTT and play it very often. However, the JB is so confusing command wise.No one gets to a game, all cts have different goals.

It's like having 10 people take the wheel of a car. I've played on it a couple times just to be brought into solitary, soccer, pool and medic.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say I've never played a mini-game because of the no-plugin situation.

If you're worried about warden hogs, I suggest just allowing !w or !warden to be used every other round.

Example: You must wait 1 round(s) before using this command again!

Also, for those saying one person would determine the round, I'd rather that than every single CT talking over each other.We need to apply a dominant

speaker in some way, shape or form. Otherwise, every round is disruptive

• Like 1
Edited by tiny quail

• Content Count:  272

We need to apply a dominant

speaker in some way, shape or form. Otherwise, every round is disruptive

When there is a good ct on this happens anyways. I honestly would not like to see a warden at all. It's the main thing that brought me to this server initially and what makes the server so unique. A good ct can take over the round anyways without having to be a warden. Even when the server starts getting 30+ people of course it's gonna be hard to control them even with a warden cause the warden isn't gonna be omniscient and know everything that is going on around the map. This would lead to some CTs in bad spots to just die and give the Ts an easier way to rebel since only a single CT can give orders. The Ts win almost all of the rounds anyways. The only time they don't is when there isn't a good rebeller on T side and it doesn't matter how many CTs there are if they are good at rebelling since they cause chaos within the CTs and give others a chance to rebel. The way I'm seeing it, adding a warden system would only help the Ts rebel, but I could be missing somethings since I'm so biased against it and would appreciate having it pointed out if anyone is willing to.

• Content Count:  1920

If you're worried about warden hogs, I suggest just allowing !w or !warden to be used every other round.

Example: You must wait 1 round(s) before using this command again!

I agree with this. @tiny quail This is how we already do our "warden" system now with !fo, except if you do !fo, you need to wait for two rounds.

If we were to implement a warden system, I feel like it would be fairly useless except for times where the server is popping. If the warden plugin was enacted when there were 20+ players on the server, it would be pretty okay just for the sake of crowd control and clarity of orders. I know plenty of times when someone tries to give an order just for another CT to talk over them and change the order completely, and it can be super annoying.

BUT, I believe to make this successful, there need to be restrictions on warden such as: you may only use it once every few rounds, exactly like !fo; to be able to be a warden, you need ___ amount of hours on the server*; and if the warden is killed after ____ seconds into the round*, there can't be a new warden. Also, if in my system of 20+ = warden, then having 12-19 players online would still allow for !fo to be used. I like to think of it as a progressive system.

*= The times for these would need to be discussed further, as finding the right balance for both could be tricky, and require some testing in the case of how late in the round can a new warden be chosen. To elaborate, I feel like the prisoners should get the incentive of killing the warden gives the reward of the ensuing chaos with CTs scrambling to try and control the Ts.

I personally don't have a problem with this system because change is needed for the CT side to help nullify at least some of the chaos that is CT side. The main drawback I could even potentially see from this is that some people may be upset about this to the point of not joining again, but the number who do that is probably not substantial enough to cause the server to lose much pop.

Overall (TLDR): This could be a good system with the right restrictions and balances, and could hopefully cause the server to be hopefully a little tamer.

• Like 1
Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  74

The Ts win almost all of the rounds anyways.

This is the issue. The CTs don't have a clear amount of control in giving commands. CTs need a better chance at wins and the Warden plugin gives them that.

Warden isn't just one person being able to give the commands, there is more common knowledge that can be implemented with the plugin that is needed.

With the Warden plugin comes in rules/rulechanges like:

Will every CT be allowed to KOS/Pardon

Will there be a new way to implement fun days like warday, hide n seek.

Another idea can be a CT Swap every 5 rounds if there is a queue (or 3 rounds)

The command T's are given after Warden is killed

We also have to realize killing Warden is a great challenge for Ts which is really what the game is missing - it pauses the CTs motives[/color]

Will there be an option to take over warden once warden dies, or will warden no longer exist (Since it's a roleplay game) and will we continue as a group of CTs giving a command

So, it's not really just a plugin, it's something that comes within the rules and changes a lot. We have to talk about the small changes as well.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk

Green is my favorite idea that accommodates both sides of the argument

Edited by tiny quail

Reply to Thread