? servers

? players online

Random Thoughts - ZE

• Content Count:  30

During the early morning or the late nights, the ZE server usually has less than 18 players and sometimes even empty.

Although this happens to all servers at one point or another, I feel there should be steps taken to at least help ease the monotony during these hours.

• Medium, Hard and Expert maps should be disabled as during these hours, winning is impossible.
  • Nominations are disabled to simplify the new map rotations.
  • Easy and mini-game maps should be added into rotation to entice the players to stay.
  • Custom maps (De_Dust2), Admin Maps (Krusty or Mario Kart) will randomly pop up during map vote.
  • Some maps will have 2x credits (instead of 1 credits, it's 2 credits)
  • Some maps will be knife only with no zombies. However, humans will be nuked if they do not manage to win within a time limit OR escape a particular area
  • On certain maps, when there is more than 10 players in the server, SGc activates.

*SGc are Steam-Gamers collectibles or coins. SGc are random so it's impossible to abuse the system.

*The main purpose of SGc is another reason for players to not only enjoy ZE server but also to visit the SG forums.

*After joining the forum and getting at least 1 post (introduction), they are able to access the forum SG store.

*Forum SG store will have items for sale, such as, leftover raffle prizes, credit loot boxes (1 daily purchase, credit between 1-15)

• Content Count:  2162

I don't play ZE to much, but wouldn't the 2x credit maps be favored over the 1x?

Would be possible to make a plugin that grabs a random number and if that number is equal to say 1, then it would execute a command to set credits to 2x for the store. Might be useful for every server during late nights honestly and is a nice little gamble imo.

Hard and Extreme are already disabled during those hours due to the playercount needed to be at a certain number. Hard I think is 20, so it could be reached, but I dont see much reason to disable it unless it kills the server during late night while people are choosing it.

Dust 2 broke with panorama update (thanks valve for precache issues :|), although adding in random maps was an idea Ive had for a while about doing for something like weekdays tuesday thursday

The knife only thing I dont understand how that would even work, just seems like a hassle and not worth the time to code

I would like keeping nominations especially during those late hours so people can play the maps they want to during late night. The server hard resets at 5am, so all nominations are cleared for the next day in the Recently Played pool.

The little collectible idea I really like the thought of, making it so you get a little rank based thing for completing certain challenges, ie. Win x rounds on "mapname" map. And when you reach a certain amount of "points/credits or whatever", you gain a little bonus something for bragging rights or whatnot.

The forum-store-credit box thing would be more of a server-wide thing to happen, and I personally dont see it ever happening as it would be too annoying to implement and 1-15 credits isnt much to gain anyway.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1534

• Medium, Hard and Expert maps should be disabled as during these hours, winning is impossible.
    This is already the case, they have min player requirement to nominate
  • Nominations are disabled to simplify the new map rotations.
    Not sure this is a good idea
  • Easy and mini-game maps should be added into rotation to entice the players to stay.
    I'm adding ZM maps but with a max player count of 25 or so (maybe crazy kart later)
  • Custom maps (De_Dust2), Admin Maps (Krusty or Mario Kart) will randomly pop up during map vote.
    Also adding back de_dust2 with player cap of maybe 20
  • Some maps will have 2x credits (instead of 1 credits, it's 2 credits)
    Crazy Kart currently has set 2x credits cause its like an event map
  • Some maps will be knife only with no zombies. However, humans will be nuked if they do not manage to win within a time limit OR escape a particular area
    I don't understand this one
  • On certain maps, when there is more than 10 players in the server, SGc activates.
    This would be a ton of work and involve multiple people, it's not feasible or necessary since we have SG store

See above

• Content Count:  1028

I’ll just go in order with what I believe.

1. Hard and expert maps should be disabled to nominate when there is less than 20 people for hard or 40 for expert. @Wesker is there a way to make the random maps that fill the vote when no maps are nominated filter out hard and/or expert based on players?

2. Not really sure what you’re getting at there

3. I mean we have a whole selection of easy maps, and a few minigame ones too.

4. I’m like 50/50 about this one. While there are some great maps on the admin nominations, I’m a bit afraid that a really awful or broken map might come up, like an old version of a map, so it would need to be filtered of course.

5. I disagree, it would just be the “VOTE FOR THIS MAP EZ POINTS” era all over again. Maybe this can be done specifically to admin maps like crazy kart?

6. I don’t really understand what the point of that is. The only map on the top of my head I can see that working is level 1 of mirror’s edge. If this was a thing, it would probably be due to an actual map element, not the server’s plugins and coding.

7. Loot boxes??? I don’t know about that lol

I do like the idea about the collectables though. It won’t affect the gameplay, but is a nice little thing to show off if you have a lot of time put into the server.

• Content Count:  1534

1. Hard and expert maps should be disabled to nominate when there is less than 20 people for hard or 40 for expert. @Wesker is there a way to make the random maps that fill the vote when no maps are nominated filter out hard and/or expert based on players?

This already happens automatically.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1039

@Agent Wesker, can your map plugin have a setting in the opposite direction such that if there are less than 20 players you can nominate maps in this section. because we could create a section where it has all of these admin/zm maps which are available only when there are less than x people online.

(srry if it doesn't make sense, my English is pretty bad today)

Reply to Thread