? servers

? players online

Nba Team Tier List

• Content Count:  1633

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19984[/ATTACH]

S Tier - Both LA teams are obvious selections because of their superstar duos, although I think the Clippers have a lot more depth and will likely be a better team. My Sixers are a defensive monster in a pretty open East but they desperately need shooting (Kyle Korver come pls). I think Al Horford would give Giannis a hard time in an ECF so the Sixers are my pick to go to the finals. The Bucks are still a solid team despite losing a few good pieces. Golden State is down Durant, but they're still a really really good team, especially when Thompson gets healthy again.

These teams I think are locks to at least win one playoff series.

A Tier - The Jazz are borderline A tier and nearly S tier. Not as big of names as the S tier teams, but man they have a good roster. They could sneak by into the WCF if one of the West S tier teams choke. Houston has some star pieces but I don't think they will have great chemistry and don't have a good shot at making the finals. Denver is solid but like they're a #3 seed at best this year since the West is stacked. Portland is still good but they got worse from last year. Nets are an A tier at best without Durant and I'm not sure if they would be higher with him.. we'll have to see how the chemistry and fit goes. Pacers were a really good team last year and once Oladipo comes back they should return to form.

I think these teams are locks to make a playoff berth.

B Tier - The Spurs haven't really changed their roster and should be an above average team. The Pistons added Derrick Rose and if Griffin stays healthy they should be a playoff contender. The Celtics lost some important pieces and will regress despite adding Walker. The Raptors are bound to take a huge step back this year obviously and I wouldn't be surprised if they ship off Lowry and rebuild. New Orleans has a young roster with some nice vets and looks promising. Miami added a star in Butler but they need another star to pair if they wanna be bumped into A tier. Orlando is not the worst but certainly not the best and most talented team, but they did make the playoffs last year. Dallas got some really nice pieces to build around Luka Doncic and should be much scarier. Atlanta has a young and upcoming roster and should be in playoff contention.

I think all of these teams are potential playoff contenders and should be in the race for playoff spots come end of the regular season.

C Tier - The Thunder clearly are in rebuild phase now (finally.. the Westbrook era clearly had a ceiling) and will probably ship an aging Paul off. Minnesota has some good players but they lost Rose and the West is brutal. Chicago had a pretty good off season but they're still in rebuilding. Sacramento has a young and nice roster to work with and hopefully build off of last year. Cleveland clearly still in rebuild mode, but maybe they can get some young assets for Love? Washington is in a really shitty spot with an injured Wall and his massive contract. Beal is good, but they literally have nothing to build around him and don't plan on shipping him off (rip his career). Memphis is slowly but surely rebuilding with some good trades.

I think all of these teams have little shot at the playoffs, but maybe one could possibly sneak in.

D Tier - New York missed out on any great stars and are completely fucked. Phoenix had a pretty shit offseason and will still be at the bottom. Charlotte for some reason let Kemba just walk without getting anything for him and now are in the basement of the league. In fact, I think they're going to be the worst team in the league.

These teams have no shot at the playoffs whatsoever.

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  5377

Phoenix had a pretty shit offseason

? they added a solid point guard (a definite need) in rubio and have the building blocks in place already with devin booker and ayton. not saying they'll be in playoff contention this season but they're definitely not the worst team in the west (grizzlies)

also your sacramento rating way off man

• Like 1

• Content Count:  622

I think his rating for the Kings is pretty accurate for next season. Sacramento has a shit ton of bright young players (Fox, Hield, Bogdan, Kyle Guy) who could definitely help the team. I'd say that they still would have to develop a bit more though. They have many above average players but no all-stars. I don't see them making the playoffs next year considering how stacked the western conference is with the super team duos forming.

*Could get a lucky 8th spot in the playoffs with a first-round exit.

• Like 1
Edited by Davie

• Content Count:  1633

? they added a solid point guard (a definite need) in rubio and have the building blocks in place already with devin booker and ayton. not saying they'll be in playoff contention this season but they're definitely not the worst team in the west (grizzlies)

They overpaid Ricky Rubio. He's good, but he's not franchise changing and he's not worth that much money. They also departed in a good player in T.J. Warren, a young player with a solid year last year. They're just making confusing moves that is not getting them anywhere near a solid rebuild.

Sacramento showed signs last year and they got a nice young group, as Davie said. I rated them higher because their direction is clear and promising, although I doubt they will get anywhere in the West.

Maybe I rated Memphis one group too high, but it depends what they get from Ig if they trade him.

• Content Count:  1920

a09aad8b5600595cfc4093bda0bf2fed.png

As someone who actually keeps up with the nba this thread will be interesting. S tier on my list reserved for who I think will be in the finals this year.

I keep up a lot with the NBA as well, I just made my S tier the teams I think will make the conference finals. I think Brooklyn is a big wild card because either they will pop off and rape the east or they'll lack the chemistry that drove them to the playoffs last year (besides the extremely top sided east) and flop and be a low seed playoff team.

• Content Count:  5377

I think his rating for the Kings is pretty accurate for next season. Sacramento has a shit ton of bright young players (Fox, Hield, Bogdan, Kyle Guy) who could definitely help the team. I'd say that they still would have to develop a bit more though. They have many above average players but no all-stars. I don't see them making the playoffs next year considering how stacked the western conference is with the super team duos forming.

*Could get a lucky 8th spot in the playoffs with a first-round exit.

Hard to get an all-star bid as a guard in the west with all of the talent in the conference at those two positions, but I think fox and hield would be serious contenders for a bench spot in the east if not starting. I think in any division other than the pacific they would be a 45-48 win team next season but I agree that due to their schedule it's likely they do not reach the play-offs, however, I still think the evaluation is a bit off. I too ranked teams on my speculative perception of player progression next season ( example I think okogie will take a major leap forward next season and propel the wolves into the playoffs along with KAT) and I am extremely high on the kings core group going forward.

They overpaid Ricky Rubio. He's good, but he's not franchise changing and he's not worth that much money. They also departed in a good player in T.J. Warren, a young player with a solid year last year. They're just making confusing moves that is not getting them anywhere near a solid rebuild.

Sacramento showed signs last year and they got a nice young group, as Davie said. I rated them higher because their direction is clear and promising, although I doubt they will get anywhere in the West.

Maybe I rated Memphis one group too high, but it depends what they get from Ig if they trade him.

Ricky Rubio is a neutral asset; I think his defending and court vision/playmaking abilities are perfect for what this team wants to do going forward but he's not a very consistent shooter (which I don't expect him to take more than 10 shots a game anyways with booker and ayton on the floor) losing a young developing stretch 4 in warren isn't an ideal scenario but at the same thing he was talking major shit about the organization (admittedly deserved in my opinion) last season/during the playoffs. It's better to cut out the potential locker room cancer and move on regardless of skill or promise (see Irving, Kyrie.) I think that Booker and Ayton will impress next season and show flashes of something special but eventually they'll wind up as a 20-25 win team.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread