? servers

? players online

More Retakes

• Content Count:  1799

With the huge gain in regular Retakes playtime I think we should try expanding our Retakes presence by releasing, at least, another server. If you notice where we are currently ranked you'll notice that the other servers are just duplicates of each other

3d3a4a2a2a1a2c6193eaee7c8ffe0e21.png.

They are insanely popular and I think we should start doing the same since we know that our plugin can attract people and hold the population for a decent amount of hours. i think by doing this we could reach out to more Retake players, thus bringing in more players to the community.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  590

100% on board with this. The retakes server gets populated literally 30 seconds after it dies all of the time. I think before we do anything to be honest, we situate what's going on with the current server because as of right now, the server is heavily T-Sided. Every map is at least 25 rounds favored to the Ts. I suggested a community meeting to Cept, but it's not necessary. I have a few solutions and I'm sure the retakes team has some as well, but this is a problem that should be solved before we move forward at all.

• Like 5
Edited by duffy

• Content Count:  1583

While it would be nice to have another retakes server, and it would likely perform well, I think this goes in a similar vein as FFA. Apart from population being inconsistent, there's not a whole lot of incentive for people to join our community or donate even if they regularly play these servers.

• Content Count:  1799

While it would be nice to have another retakes server, and it would likely perform well, I think this goes in a similar vein as FFA. Apart from population being inconsistent, there's not a whole lot of incentive for people to join our community or donate even if they regularly play these servers.

I wouldn't really call this inconsistent. I also don't believe FFA and Retakes are as nearly comparable in the realm of keeping a playerbase. I've traveled across Retake servers and players like to attach themselves to a certain server for multiple reasons. Such as, they invested a lot of time in the server and have a high rank, they like the guns plugin, or they like the general community. If we also expand our servers, we could find much easier ways to incentivize new players to join the community and donate, like by lowering the amount of slots on the server and limiting it to VIP/SUB slots.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1654

With retakes doing well and having a second server not seem so far fetched of an idea, your reasoning for not having another is because we may not profit off of it as much? In any case a booming population in a specific set of servers will definitely help SG as a whole no matter what, but if you really believe that it would be financially risky or not have as many people engage in the community aspect of SG, then why not address that issue on its own. For example, if we were to have a second server couldn't we be more open to changes that had been dropped out from our current retakes server such as csgo skins/custom models or customized weaponry for those who donate. We can have customized rounds that encourage those on the server to join the community to have what they want be added or even add a plugin in which can redirect you to any of our other servers broadening their hold in SG.

When thinking about adding servers we should be wary of the cons that can come along with it but be optimistic and strive for success. Obviously not every server addition idea would be given a chance but if we already have one that is working really well with a large population but small slot reservation this really could work out well.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread