? servers

? players online

JB suggestion

• Content Count:  316

This would help stop confusion between the people who like to use red on their model. A nice little feature that could make a big difference!

• Content Count:  5674

Don't we already have the white line that connects the two players though? It's still and not obnoxious and tells you who you're facing.

You guys seriously don't foresee yourselves getting annoyed as the person you try to shoot at has a big beam of light shooting out of them repeatedly?

• Content Count:  930

Don't we already have the white line that connects the two players though? It's still and not obnoxious and tells you who you're facing.

You guys seriously don't foresee yourselves getting annoyed as the person you try to shoot at has a big beam of light shooting out of them repeatedly?

This is not for players in LR this is for CTs basically not to just kill a red T with a deag in their hands.

• Content Count:  5674

This is not for players in LR this is for CTs basically not to just kill a red T with a deag in their hands.

So it would specifically not show to people in the LR? Sounds a bit complicated but I'm not one to comment on the logistics of a plugin. You'd also have to account for them seeing other beacons from other LRs.

So now imagine you're a CT, watching over a few LRs going on. 6 beacons are flashing across your screen so that you don't accidentally kill someone. However, someone on the other side of these people is shooting at you. You now have to shoot past 6 beacons. Feel free to tell me this is an unlikely situation - though I've been in it a million times. This would feel pretty annoying to me and I can't imagine no one else would complain. I think the problem you're addressing is a valid one to be concerned with but this solution seems to have a bit of a downside that I don't think is favorable. I can't think of a decent alternative though.

• Like 1

So it would specifically not show to people in the LR? Sounds a bit complicated but I'm not one to comment on the logistics of a plugin. You'd also have to account for them seeing other beacons from other LRs.

So now imagine you're a CT, watching over a few LRs going on. 6 beacons are flashing across your screen so that you don't accidentally kill someone. However, someone on the other side of these people is shooting at you. You now have to shoot past 6 beacons. Feel free to tell me this is an unlikely situation - though I've been in it a million times. This would feel pretty annoying to me and I can't imagine no one else would complain. I think the problem you're addressing is a valid one to be concerned with but this solution seems to have a bit of a downside that I don't think is favorable. I can't think of a decent alternative though.

Yes what you said is all correct, but the chances a CT kills a T for not knowing they are in an LR are much higher "speaking from in game experience" then for people to all be on top of one another doing their LRs.

• Content Count:  3294

Yes what you said is all correct, but the chances a CT kills a T for not knowing they are in an LR are much higher "speaking from in game experience" then for people to all be on top of one another doing their LRs.

I'm sorry but from my more current experience over the last year, I think you're wrong. I constantly see LR's getting mixed together and I am constantly asking my CT buddies to move out of the way, and take their LR's elsewhere.

Additionally, I think you're missing Dominic's point:

S6 beacons are flashing across your screen so that you don't accidentally kill someone. However, someone on the other side of these people is shooting at you. You now have to shoot past 6 beacons. Feel free to tell me this is an unlikely situation - though I've been in it a million times.

This would just cause a mini-epileptic episode for all the CT's watching and would make it a lot harder to kill rebellers during LR period (There's almost always rebellers during an LR). If we were to add something like this I think it should only be for the CT and T participating, and the beacon should disappear after 15 seconds of the LR being active.

Please explain how this could even change over time?

It's just how it's been? Most people know who their LR buddy is, and if there's any confusion they just talk over the voice comms and get it sorted. @Grateful

Edit: Someone should definitely change the name of this thread

Edited by TheZZL

I'm sorry but from my more current experience over the last year, I think you're wrong. I constantly see LR's getting mixed together and I am constantly asking my CT buddies to move out of the way, and take their LR's elsewhere.

Please explain how this could even change over time?

Reply to Thread