? servers

? players online

Some form of replay system PLEASE.

• Content Count:  2342

It's quite practical, actually. Have a bot record demos of the map and save them. Players and admins could access it, download them, and use them as evidence as needed.

IMHO it's impractical for a few reasons:

1. The TMs would have to expose part of the FTP directory to the general public or set up the bot to save the demos somewhere on the FTP where people can access it.

2. Storage space required for these demos would mean the demos would need to be wiped in days, if not hours.

3. If demos are available players are no longer required to record video evidence. Especially given the fact that loading up a demo and skipping through it with CS:GO's shitty demo review system would increase the time required to review evidence exponentially, CAs would need to spend far longer doing player complaints. This means a lot more work from the CAs is required to properly address player complaints.

4. I can imagine a significant increase in player complaints for petty issues now that the "work" of uploading a video is removed.

5. Demos leave out a crucial part of context: voice and text comms. This is context which is required for the vast majority of situations on JB and TTT.

• Like 8
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  1633

I’m focused more on the servers as a whole than just TTT. It’s a great way to get hackers or major rule breakers off the servers.

You could even make it a requirement for the players reporting to still submit a video and not just name the demo. They could go in and record the evidence on the demo that they missed in game.

Also, we have CAs... who are already responsible for reviewing evidence in player complaints.

• Like 1

1. The TMs would have to expose part of the FTP directory to the general public or set up the bot to save the demos somewhere on the FTP where people can access it.

Don't know much about this.

2. Storage space required for these demos would mean the demos would need to be wiped in days, if not hours.

That's fine? Players should go look for the demo probably the next map if they're serious about getting a player banned/punished. If they wait then that is on them.

3. If demos are available players are no longer required to record video evidence. Especially given the fact that loading up a demo and skipping through it with CS:GO's shitty demo review system would increase the time required to review evidence exponentially, CAs would need to spend far longer doing player complaints. This means a lot more work from the CAs is required to properly address player complaints.

Then make it a requirement that the player still has to go in and record the evidence themselves. The demo allows them to record mistakes/instances they missed, so they don't have to have the system open whenever they play, which could cause lag or inconveniences for them. So many times hackers cheat or someone breaks a shit ton of rules, disconnects, and no one was ready to get evidence.

4. I can imagine a significant increase in player complaints for petty issues now that the "work" of uploading a video is removed.

Previous point to force video requirement, plus it is already a problem.

• Like 1

Don't know much about this.

That's fine? Players should go look for the demo probably the next map if they're serious about getting a player banned/punished. If they wait then that is on them.

Then make it a requirement that the player still has to go in and record the evidence themselves. The demo allows them to record mistakes/instances they missed, so they don't have to have the system open whenever they play, which could cause lag or inconveniences for them. So many times hackers cheat or someone breaks a shit ton of rules, disconnects, and no one was ready to get evidence.

Previous point to force video requirement, plus it is already a problem.

Interesting proposal of asking people to record video of the demos and upload them to the complaint to save work on the CAs' side.

Some more concerns:

1. Are we realistically expecting many people to download the demo, save it to their CS:GO directory, skip through the 30+ minutes laggy demo with CS:GO's poor demo system, record a video and upload it? I doubt many people will which already makes this concept unappealing...

5. Demos leave out a crucial part of context: voice and text comms. This is context which is required for the vast majority of situations on JB and TTT.

2. The only situation where comms context isn't required is likely hacking, but hackers for the most part are caught by SMAC already.

So while this concept may work I don't think it will be too helpful tbh. Lots of effort for an extremely limited use case.

• Like 4

Interesting proposal of asking people to record video of the demos and upload them to the complaint to save work on the CAs' side.

Some more concerns:

1. Are we realistically expecting many people to download the demo, save it to their CS:GO directory, skip through the 30+ minutes laggy demo with CS:GO's poor demo system, record a video and upload it? I doubt many people will which already makes this concept unappealing...

2. The only situation where comms context isn't required is likely hacking, but hackers for the most part are caught by SMAC already.

So while this concept may work I don't think it will be too helpful tbh. Lots of effort for an extremely limited use case.

Obviously people might not be willing to go through all of that, but people aren’t willing to have recording software running all the time either. I think there are people willing to go through with it though.

When I used it on Swoobles, we actually had the text and voice recorded in the demo. I don’t know exactly how the system worked, but the intention was finding a way to put those into the demo recording.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  927

If 1% of the player base would use it, why implement it? It's not worth the storage that it will demand. If their computers cannot handle software in the background while playing, then they can either !calladmin or ask someone else to record. Fanta pretty much summarized major concerns with this idea as stated earlier.

Lots of effort for an extremely limited use case.

If 1% of the player base would use it, why implement it? It's not worth the storage that it will demand. If their computers cannot handle software in the background while playing, then they can either !calladmin or ask someone else to record. Fanta pretty much summarized major concerns with this idea as stated earlier.

No one said 1%

This idea keeps getting suggested for a reason - people don't want to have to constantly record software while they're playing.

Edited by Kieran

No one said 1%

This idea keeps getting suggested for a reason - people don't want to have to constantly record software while they're playing.

I'm starting to see where you're coming from and I like the idea as long as:

1. Players are still expected to record video from the demos and upload videos to the player complaint as per the norm

2. Voice and text chat are able to be included in the demo. This introduces more use cases than just hacking.

I'll dig into #2 and get back to this suggestion sometime this weekend. Feel free to ping me if I haven't replied yet.

@Nishok @Liam Brown do you have any comments on this as well as the feasibility of this idea?

• Like 3
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  60

So a admin would get a report of RDM, they would have to tab out, go to some website and download the demo or video, watch it and act on it possibly a map later? This seems a little ridiculous, if you're getting rdmed that much your best bet is to make a player complaint.

my main thought was this for player complaints like Kieran said

Reply to Thread