? servers

? players online

CT’s need a buff

• Content Count:  3294

This has been suggested previously here, and management decided it wouldn't be the best course of action at the time. There's a chance that this could be revisited, but would require a custom plugin, and may take considerable time.

In the meantime, I can say this has been a frequent topic of discussion, so we would love to hear your opinions on the matter and any suggestions you guys have towards potential solutions.

I actually forgot about that post, even though I posted in it twice, thanks.

What other incentives can we give for CTs? In the thread you linked the main issue was that we had was that there were too many CTs, but it's quite opposite nowadays. Credits are useless for regs, models ruin the incentive for Sub/VIP, and there doesn't seem to be any system coming in the future that favors higher leveled CTs. Even if we did have a system like that, what would it even do for them? The CT-Priority Queue was suggested for people ranked Lieutenant+, but like the cosmetics suggestion it was overturned i favor for Subs/VIPs.

I think @Vanya's idea has some merit, but also has some bad attributes; Most people would have the same/similar low score, some CTs would go super tryhard and ruin the fun, and it's not that big of an incentive.

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  625

This is actually one of the ideas that I had, and I've given this idea some thought as well. Being rewarded for running a tight ship as a CT could offer incentive to play CT more, but there are also some fallbacks. CTs would probably not give as many, if any at all freedays. Why would the CTs give a free day if they could be rewarded for keeping order? Also, this could indirectly result in more freekills, as CTs are more desperate to keep an advantage and not allow for any rebelling.

This could also result in rounds being boring for Ts, as CTs who want to control the Ts are less likely to give fun rounds or days. There might result in a lot of repetitive orders, telling people to freeze, go here, then go there, then go here, and eventually force a deathgame. It could cause the game to become a bit stale. However, I think that overall this is not a bad idea, but there are certain things about it that might not be as viable.

Maybe we can start having dedicated "freeday/fun day" rounds if this system is implemented, that don't reward any points, meaning CTs can order whatever and would not have to work as hard to win the rounds. This would allow CTs to freely do what they want to do, after stressing so hard to win points for a couple rounds. This will allow CTs to cool off a bit, relax, and have a good, fun, JB time, which may decrease the amount of indirect freekills. Just my opinion on these issues.

As for an example, maybe every fourth round can be a no-point round, which is basically the same rate of freedays/fun days given anyways when there are good CTs on the server who actually want to win rounds.

And for ZZL's point, everyone having low scores doesn't mean it won't be competitive! I think it would actually encourage CT side to enforce a lot more so that they can boost their points just a little bit over the competition, which also means that they would have to consistently do well on CT side. This would encourage a good habit of enforcing, giving good orders, and making sure Ts are controlled. Then, you might have some CT counterparts of @chy who are at 1000 points somehow.

• Content Count:  417

Maybe we can start having dedicated "freeday/fun day" rounds if this system is implemented, that don't reward any points, meaning CTs can order whatever and would not have to work as hard to win the rounds. This would allow CTs to freely do what they want to do, after stressing so hard to win points for a couple rounds. This will allow CTs to cool off a bit, relax, and have a good, fun, JB time, which may decrease the amount of indirect freekills. Just my opinion on these issues.

As for an example, maybe every fourth round can be a no-point round, which is basically the same rate of freedays/fun days given anyways when there are good CTs on the server who actually want to win rounds.

I respectfully disagree to this.

Server enforced freedays are stupid, basically mandating fun. This is the type of shit that Tango does, and it feels so robotic. Giving freedays add to the personality to a CT and make this server what it is.

• Like 1

I respectfully disagree to this.

Server enforced freedays are stupid, basically mandating fun. This is the type of shit that Tango does, and it feels so robotic. Giving freedays add to the personality to a CT and make this server what it is.

That was just a suggestion. I guess if you are against this, another way to do it is to just let the CTs decide what to do, as usually on freedays it can go both ways : either the CTs enforce it really well and can win the round easily, or the CTs don't enforce at all and lose completely. Having points available for all rounds can be an option too, but may bring some problems, as stated before, with no fun rounds and freedays. However, the point system will encourage the use of map deathgames as they are an easy way to eliminate Ts, so I guess it just depends on the CTs who are in control.

Maybe one of the server managers can help us with this suggestion and maybe tweak it out for use?

• Content Count:  172

I dont feel cts need a buff they already have 5 extra hp with can fuck ts over in 1v1 gunfights and the cts can just enforce the ts better they dont need a buff to that

I dont feel cts need a buff they already have 5 extra hp with can fuck ts over in 1v1 gunfights and the cts can just enforce the ts better they dont need a buff to that

I don't think this thread is now talking at buffing CTs, more like buffing the incentive to try to win on CT, since sometimes the ratio is terrible and half the CTs don't enforce. My suggestion is aimed at trying encourage the CTs to do their part on the server in implementing a more competitive way that rewards teamwork and CT skill.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  908

I don't know which suggestion you're talking about, so i'll respond to both.

1. We probably won't add any system giving points based on kills/round wins. Both of these are encouraging CTs to kill as many Ts as they can to win the round.

2. This probably wont happen either. We like to give power to the players, having "implementing forced freedays" does not support this philosophy. In our rules it states "CT's are NEVER required to give freedays", this encourages CTs to give good orders and gain more experience in giving orders.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  172

I don't think this thread is now talking at buffing CTs, more like buffing the incentive to try to win on CT, since sometimes the ratio is terrible and half the CTs don't enforce. My suggestion is aimed at trying encourage the CTs to do their part on the server in implementing a more competitive way that rewards teamwork and CT skill.

ok making cts enforce is a good idea but not buffing them they need to work together but buffing them wont help lets say we give them 10 - 15 extra health this will just make them not want to enforce more also it would make them a little op and i think it would be better if we enforce that cts are enforcing but a buff would not fix this adding on to that a rule or adding a new one would fix this problem

Reply to Thread