? servers

? players online

I need game recommendations

• Content Count:  971

A lot of people like to shit on me for this opinion, but I think Paladins is probably one of the most fun games out right now and is criminally underrated.

It's a hero shooter like Overwatch, except unlike Overwatch, you can shift stats around and choose specific talents for each champion to tailor to your own playstyle. The game Overwatch is basically the hero shooter equivalent of rock-paper-scissors. Every hero/champion is designed to do one specific thing and counter one or two specific situations. In Paladins, if you know how to spec your build properly, you can play a Support champion like a DPS or a tank like a flank.

The main reason this game isn't as popular is because Hi-Rez, the company behind Paladins, is a fucking monstrosity. They are probably the worst gaming company out there. The game is a bug fest; most are visual, and very few actually change the tide of games, but they still happen way more than they should. Not to mention they basically killed their esports scene by defunding it, granted it was pretty atrocious anyway.

Having to release your somewhat indie hero shooter alongside a gaming titan like Blizzard really damaged this game in 2016 when Paladins came out of beta. Not to mention Hi-Rez demanded from EvilMojo (the group of people owned by Hi-Rez who actually manage the game) that they follow the battle royale craze in 2017 to create Realm Royale, which shit the bed because it's a Hi-Rez game.

There are so many great things about this game and the rabbit hole goes deep, and I wish people would stop writing it off as a shitty Overwatch clone because it's anything but. It's free to play so I suggest giving it a try.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  64

I’m honestly huge on the Assassin’s Creed Franchise. I find that a lot of my friends don’t play it or enjoy it but I think it’s extremely fun. I love story-rich games and Assassin’s Creed definitely delivers on that. I picked up Oydssey a couple months ago, which is the latest in the franchise and it’s honestly amazing. The story of the game is super long and very in-depth. Although there is no multiplayer feature I don’t think it matters in a game like this. I have 72 hours in the game right now and I’m probably about 75% into the story. There are so many other things that you can do in the game I’d say it’s impossible to complete every single quest, complete every objective, collect every single piece of equipment, lore piece and so much more. This game is heavily intertwined with Greek mythology which I am another huge fan of. There is just so much to do in this game, I never get bored of it. I could probably play this in one 10-hour session and not get bored in the slightest. I could describe the game in so much more detail but I don’t want to type out an entire review. If you do end up considering this game/franchise, buy it when it’s on sale on uplay or steam. It’s usually 50% nowadays.

Reply to Thread