? servers

? players online

jb ct incentive

• Content Count:  272

Some people stated in this thread but currently CT ratio has not been a state of crisis and CTs have actually been winning rounds, I don't see a reason for an incentive currently.

That's cause not as many people are playing and it's easy to win rounds. I got on yesterday and there weren't many players and the ratio was in favor of the Ts slightly, but it was still easy to win rounds. If there were more people on a ratio around the same it would have been harder.

• Content Count:  971

That's cause not as many people are playing and it's easy to win rounds. I got on yesterday and there weren't many players and the ratio was in favor of the Ts slightly, but it was still easy to win rounds. If there were more people on a ratio around the same it would have been harder.

I 2nd this. At least for me I've been seeing max ~25 players on at a time. Mostly just filled with screaming children and CT's who don't know what they're doing. JB was in it's prime in the summer of '19 because it while it was still easy to rebel, CT wouldn't get evaporated in the first 2 minutes and the lobby size was consistently 20-40. Not to mention the smaller the whole lobby, the easier it is to rebel considering the T's can see where every CT is and know which spots they can't watch and can plan their route accordingly.

• Content Count:  417

I see why that is definitely a bad thing - at the start of quarantine we broke 30 on a Monday morning iirc, which was insane, but playing on higher pops means that orders fall on top of each others, and a stacked ratio for the Ts means less-than-competent CTs switch over, leading to more and more havoc. This is personally why I don't play at higher player counts, and can definitely understand why a new player wouldn't want to. You spawn in as someone shouts a confusing, garbled order into their shit-tier mic, as someone else is playing whatever rap song they feel like into the microphone, and you domed in the head for "blatancy". Sure, a bigger number means more concurrent players, it also means less chance for newbies to join in as well.

• Content Count:  498

On 8/14/2020 at 6:54 PM, Rawmondz said:

I rarely play jb nowadays b/c of how repetitive it gets with the maps and new ct's that don't give orders, this has been a problem forever and everyone was we need a ct incentive so i came up with the idea of ct gets more credits for the !shop feature and we should add more skins/ hats/ trails its been a while since the last player models such as Thanos, starlord, etc.

This should not be the way we encourage players to play the ct side.

In jailbreak at the moment the cts are at a clear disadvantage because of the cts that play at the moment, the reason this is the case is because the cts are focused on the wrong things and position themselves easily for the ts to kill them. these are issue that will fade with time if we as a community teach newer players how to play ct. instead of complaining and bad mouthing our fellow players we need to encourage change in they're playstyle. all jb regulars make the server what it is and if we as a collective can give pointers and explain to them in a friendly manner what's wrong with what they're doing they will not be opposed to you helping them. however as stated above toxicity is whats making that harder to happen.   

tldr, to fix this issue we as a community need to fix the ct side by teaching people how to play the ct side, being polite will get your point across clearly

• Like 2
Edited by kuri

• Content Count:  905

kinda late to this thread but most people dont play ct because everyone rebels. A ct incentive wouldnt make more people want to play ct. But thats just how i view it. Also the only real incentive would be a contest of some sort but that will only temporarily fix the issue. 

Edited by BloodBlades

• Content Count:  927

This is a very difficult thing to do. Not only do you have to come up with incentive(s) that are balanced, but incentive(s) that would have results. Let's be real, nobody is joining CT solely because of a credit multiplier or things small like that.

Like I've stated previously, CTs don't need any buffs at the moment. Instead of wanting things to be implemented, try and help the newer players out. Help them learn the game and how to play CT. Don't complain and yell at them every time they make a mistake, but tell them why what they did was wrong. CS:GO is free so you have to expect trolls here and there. But there will be people who genuinely want to play CT with the right intentions. Keeping those players on to help balance out ratios should be our intentions. 

We will always keep "CT incentives" in mind, but that's not on our priority list at the moment.

• Like 6

Reply to Thread