? servers

? players online

Raffle Points

• Content Count:  238

Hello, I am here to propose a new idea about Raffle Point. Considering Credits in game are earned by play time and so are Raffle Points, I was wondering if perhaps there could be an exchange system where you could spend credits for Raffle Points, considering Raffle Points actually give Valuable Prizes instead of cosmetics. If this were to implemented I see a few issues such as gambling, scams, etc, but that's why I am here to propose a system as well.

Raffle Points

200 Raffle Points per 1250 Credits <--- Most of the prices are high priced to show that the User has spent time on the servers to prevent Scams, furthermore due to not having an exchange in credits system, there should be no scams regarding credits and these Raffle Points

400 Raffle Points per 2500 Credits <--- More expensive to prevent Gambling/Scams.

750 Raffle Points per 3750 Credits <--- More Expensive to stop Scams

These prices were thought of for prevention of most of the worries such as gambling, but were not thought of by the User's Credit Count meaning I did not think of how many credits each user would get each minute, but I thought of it as to how can we prevent issues. 

This does seem quite scuffed so please feel free to make acceptable changes, or add more. 

Thanks for reading this suggestion!

• Like 2

• Content Count:  764

I really like this idea, but the only downfall is it would not be very helpful towards subscribers premium supportes, and elite supporters because they already get a ton, but this would be helpful for people without a rank like regulars.

Edit: Also maybe make 750 raffle ponts 2k credits

• Like 1
Edited by Che

• Content Count:  6759

On 11/4/2020 at 10:57 PM, TheTamer said:

If this were to implemented I see a few issues such as gambling, scams, etc, but that's why I am here to propose a system as well.

This is exactly why the proposed system is an issue; it comes off as gambling for people that do spend money to buy credits. We allow for credits to be purchasable through specific packages. Before anyone says, “just remove the ability to buy them,” well the answer would be no. We still receive donations for credits from people within the community and that money is used to help fund the upkeep of SG servers every month. I get that people have tons of credits and want to use them, but the Marketing Team is working with ideas to make credits come off as more valuable than they currently seem. It requires some tweaking to the multiplier system, along with the aide of LSMs and SMs to figure out how to improve the value of the “currency” for store items.

Besides that, raffle points and credits are two separate entities for a reason, however, the way to earn them is the same concept except for one method. With raffle points, you need to play on the servers to earn them. With credits, you need to play on the servers to earn them but can also pay money to receive a specific amount. Barring the latter half of how to earn credits, the concept is the same thing; you need to play on the servers long enough to earn them, right? That should be an indicator that if people want more points, then just play on the servers as much as you can. I understand not everyone has the same amount of time on their hands, but the reasons behind playtime for either intangible items are so that it encourages people to play on our servers and it benefits our population across all servers which keep our servers thriving. 

If one reason is that people could max out on tickets for supporter tiers - Well to be fair, if such a system was implemented, then it would lessen the value of credits even more than it currently feels like for many people. People would freely convert the credits as much as they want and wouldn’t have to put the same time and effort they normally do just to buy tickets because they’re earning both the same ways for a raffle system. It simply can’t go both ways imo. 

I could also tweak the raffle point costs per tier if I wanted to, but I choose not to because as you go higher in tiers the ticket purchases are much costlier and require people to play more just to max out on tickets. I don’t want to impose on our players and make it seem like a never-ending chore to grind, especially those who are Elite Supporters, and because not everyone has that much time to commit daily. The current cost of tickets across all raffles is what I determine to be fair. The higher the tier, the more costly the tickets to create a fair and balanced opportunity for all.

Just for argument’s sake say we did approach this system, it requires a complete overhaul on both the raffle and store systems. We don't know how long that would take and I guarantee you it would take a very long time.  However, I find that to be a big waste of time for Liam Brown (he made both plugins from scratch) when he’s got other important technical work on his plate for SG. 

In conclusion, the reason why we wouldn't do this is mainly because of the reason I wrote in the first paragraph. 

• Like 2

Reply to Thread