? servers

? players online

Rocket League

• Content Count:  482

I’ve been thinking lately if we could possibly try to host a Rocket League tournament or some sort of event that has to do with Rocket League. There was an event similar to this posted almost a year ago, but it ended up not working out to well because not enough people applied for it. Ever since Rocket League has become free to play a I noticed that it actually started to gain some popularity, and people started playing it a little more often. Rocket League is personally one of my favorite games to play and I think that this could be quite a lot of fun if we hosted something like this in the near future. 

A general idea I had of how it could work is a format similar to this.

Steam name/Ign: *insert here*

Level: *insert here*

Amount of time played: *insert here*

It doesn’t have to be exactly like this but it’s just a thought of how it could look so it can be equally fair for everyone who applies. Looking forward to reading everyone’s ideas. 

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

6 minutes ago, delirium said:

Level and playtime mean nothing in Rocket league FYI

Level shows how experienced you are with the game, basically the same thing for playtime. Playtime isn’t necessary, but like I said it was just an example. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5377

52 minutes ago, Arctic said:

Level shows how experienced you are with the game, basically the same thing for playtime. Playtime isn’t necessary, but like I said it was just an example. 

Rank is literally all you need to know... There are people with 500 hours in champ at like level 300 and people with 1000's of hours over level 1000 in plat.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

Will people who play keyboard and mouse be barred from entering the competition?

Asking for a friend...

I'd love to participate in a tournament such as this, however assigning random teams to make it "fair" for everyone kind of turns me away, because I want to be able to play with someone I can choose. Yeah some people might be turned away from the prospect of having to face people who can freestyle when they just bought the game today, but I think the best way to organize this would be to allow people to choose their own teams.

My suggestion to do a tournament such as this would be to have ether Bo3s or Bo5s in a bracket style play, and Bo7 in the playoffs/finals depending on how many sign up.

Also if you need a caster pick me.

• Content Count:  78

me izz and wumbo easy dub?

5 minutes ago, Ethann said:

i would like to play but i also wanna be a caster i have deep soothing voice and knowledge of the game 

this is not me asking this me threatening you to pick me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ethann said:

Will people who play keyboard and mouse be barred from entering the competition?

Not at all, Keyboard and Mouse players are just as good if not better than controller players. Then again it all comes down to who’s the better players in the end obviously. 

1 hour ago, Ethann said:

some people might be turned away from the prospect of having to face people who can freestyle when they just bought the game today

Good point but if they let us pick our teams, there are still downfalls to other players, if you put two of the most experienced people (2-3 year players) on one team during the entire thing, then most likely the entire tournament is in their favor. It’s a hard thing to comprehend because there pro’s when it comes to picking your own teams and also cons on top of that if you really think about it. I still feel there would be a way to get around these issues somehow, but I might just be overthinking it a bit too much. 

1 hour ago, Ethann said:

Indeed my friend. We can talk about this more over discord, just hit me up and I’ll get back to you. <anyone is more than welcome to message me about this. 

• Content Count:  1030

50 minutes ago, Arctic said:

Not at all, Keyboard and Mouse players are just as good if not better than controller players. Then again it all comes down to who’s the better players in the end obviously. 

Twas a joke because I play keyboard and mouse and constantly get bullied for it.

Anyways I'll keep an eye on this thread, definitely would be happy to participate and cast it if it will be streamed.

Reply to Thread