? servers

? players online

Minecraft Event Suggestion

• Content Count:  1103

Steam-Gamers SMP? I know we've had servers in the past, but I would genuinely be active on a Minecraft SMP world where we build shit and we can have mini wars as well. I honestly think it would be a great addition to the expansion of SG. I realize that in the pat a Minecraft server has failed, but I believe that has to do with people not having an incentive to play the server. If there were, lets say, an event on the server every 4 weeks would be cool. I'm pretty sure we have some staff members who are familiar with Java and could code some amazing stuff. I think an official SG Minecraft SMP would help expand the community and the people already here. I have personally gotten a bit tired of CSGO and would like to move to other games and I would be on that server A LOT

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

1 hour ago, dafty said:

hot take; SG opens up an SMP

A permanent SMP/server that would be up for longer than a month isn't a good idea based upon past experiences with Minecraft. We've had multiple Minecraft servers in the past, a survival server years ago, FTB Infinity, a second FTB Infinity in 2015  @BoM , and our latest expansion in the summer of 2019 managed by Third, @Bacon, and others..

After the last survival server died because of not much being left in the game, lag issues, and a very large map for people to be distanced, I've heard the Board/Caution would not be interested in another permanent server. We had a successful 1.16 Survival MGT over the summer, so I think temporary events like MGTs or regular events would be a better idea. 

I'm all for another Minecraft MGT and more Minecraft Events for us to explore (UHC, SilentGuns' Skyblock idea, mazes, little events, etc.)

From the 2020 Quarter 3 Report:

On 10/15/2020 at 3:51 PM, fantastic said:

We've attempted growth in the past through mediums such as SCP: Secret Laboratory, Minecraft, and other games, but these efforts never lasted long and within a few short months the plug was pulled due to lack of interest.

Caution talking about Minecraft before the launch of our last server in 2019:

On 3/8/2019 at 7:23 PM, Caution said:

Minecraft has been tried over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again by multiple different people, with multiple different game modes, during multiple different time frames. Minecraft. Does. Not. Work. For. SG. It's a waste of resources, as it has been proven time and time again. The people who worked on MC busted their ass from what I read and from talking to the players at the time - it simply does not work out with SG. I will not allow SG funds be used towards Minecraft, without establishing some sort of player base and a minimum of 6 month server consistency for me to even consider taking over server payments for it.

Some previous members/staff involved in Minecraft have been

Noctember, Bacon, BoM, SilentGuns, Pan32, R3TROATTACK, Third

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1103

6 minutes ago, TheZZL said:

A permanent SMP/server that would be up for longer than a month isn't a good idea based upon past experiences with Minecraft. We've had multiple Minecraft servers in the past, a survival server years ago, FTB Infinity, a second FTB Infinity in 2015  @BoM , and our latest expansion in the summer of 2019 managed by Third, @Bacon, and others..

After the last survival server died because of not much being left in the game, lag issues, and a very large map for people to be distanced, I've heard the Board/Caution would not be interested in another permanent server. We had a successful 1.16 Survival MGT over the summer, so I think temporary events like MGTs or regular events would be a better idea. 

I'm all for another Minecraft MGT and more Minecraft Events for us to explore (UHC, SilentGuns' Skyblock idea, mazes, little events, etc.)

From the 2020 Quarter 3 Report:

Caution talking about Minecraft before the launch of our last Minecraft Server in 2019:

Some previous members/staff involved in Minecraft have been

Noctember, Bacon, BoM, SilentGuns, Pan32, R3TROATTACK, Third

I think what contributed to people not playing the server is the lack of people playing the server. Also one of the main reasons why people wanted a Minecraft server was because they were bored so they only played for a week and was like "yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah im not playing this." But I believe if it was ran correctly, a vanilla minecraft, SMP like server would be successful

• Like 1

Reply to Thread