22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Already have 10000+ hours
    • Its good but not anything special
    • Absolutely not they should have scrapped that shit before it even started
    • fix the bugs then good :)

Reviews

• Content Count:  793

If you bought and have played the game can you put down your reviews for it? I've heard many mixed things now but mostly that it is one of the best RPGs.

I've heard many people experiencing a lot of glitches and other experiencing none so I would love to know how your gameplay went.

• Content Count:  2694

I don't think anybody has played enough to give a genuine review. I typed that but here I am giving my thoughts. I've seen a lot of people complain about game breaking bugs and crashed and a lot of people who are saying that they have received a small amount of bugs and no crashes. It seems like everyone's experience is different. I've had a couple of bugs but nothing game breaking. I'm only 7 hours in but I'll let you know how I feel. Sometimes I think the dialogue drags on for far too long. You have an option to skip dialogue until you get to a choice you have to make but what's the point in that? There were also a lot of really weird feeling cuts between gameplay or cutscenes. 

Spoiler

The most noticeable lazy/weird/wonky cut was during the last bit of Johnny's portion in the beginning. When Adam Smasher jumps down and you start shooting him, then it cuts to you running up and trying to jump onto a helicopter. After that it cuts again. Maybe it was intentional but it felt super lazy and cheap. 

There are also times where I'm looking at the animations and it feels cheap. The gun animations are excellent but when it comes to the player's hands, it feels weird. I'm only playing at Medium until I get my new GPU but I don't think that would change anything animation wise. Maybe? Idk. One portion of the game that made me pretty mad is when

Spoiler

You're in the car with Takemura after he picks you up and you end up getting shot at by terminators or whatever. The animations were so bad it felt like I was playing a Saints Row game or some shit. Did not feel like a game that took this long to develop. When it was over I sat there thinking about how bad it looked.

There were also parts where the city just didn't look that good at medium settings but other times it did. Performance wise, I have been getting a stable 30-40 FPS with a Ryzen 7 2700x and a RX 470 on medium.

Also, this is minor but I feel like it shows the laziness and how rushed the game was. The steam backgrounds are total shit lol. You'd think with how much effort they put into the game that they would make cool Steam profile backgrounds but in the end it just seems like something they overlooked and forgot about until the last second. The badge is ass too.

My character has a massive forehead and it is pretty annoying. It pisses me off whenever I open my inventory and I wish I could make it smaller. Who knows, maybe I can? Maybe I haven't gotten that far into the game yet but until then, I will deal with this massive forehead. 

fwTeBtIYZR.png

So far my experience has been okay. 7 hours in and I have been pretty lucky with bugs, crashes, visual problems, or anything else. If you're looking to buy the game I would say to wait for a sale or something or wait for an update. Combat is pretty fun and I do enjoy the characters and atmosphere but the animations are really weird at times and the performance might not be that great for some people. The music is great but I don't think that cuts it for some people. I feel that the rushed development of the game only made things worse. The PS4 footage pre-release and post are so different. I've seen pictures and videos of the game and it's sad. I get that it is the first day of the game being out but this game was in development for 7-8 years. I'll still play it endlessly and I will enjoy it.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  4798

AI is absolutely terrible and the open world has a severe lack of depth and interactivity.  This game really makes me appreciate the little things the GTA series offers, makes the world feel much more believable. 

60ish fps on medium and it looks good but I care more about the gameplay .

• Like 1
Edited by SilentGuns

• Content Count:  459

Some of this is my opinion and may differ from others.

I have almost 100 hours but truly dont have much of an opinion, the game itself looking past the bugs is a great game and personally a very intriguing story and good character that have plot and are generally good. BUT not everything is sunshine and rainbows it's a very buggy and unoptimized mess right now even after a small stabilization patch. Also the open word seems to be very lackluster as there isn't much to do as there isn't a lot of npc and interactive charecters just citizens with one liners. And the AI is dogshit but I'm not going to get into that in this post. To me it seems unfinished to a massive extent but It's a good game with a lot to he desired and I would say don't get it until they do there huge updates that are supposed to fix all of the shit that like optimization for all platforms and major and minor bug fixes. I have hope this game will be really good and worth buying in the end, but as of now it is not worth until they fix the overarching problems it has.

Also there was a reddit post that was deemed to be false that stated alot of good things but was officially deemed false and was debunked. But if you want to see the post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/kpl567/alleged_cdpr_dev_talks_about_the_state_of/

Edited by Astral

Reply to Thread