? servers

? players online

Is there life on other planets?

• Content Count:  562

Do you guys believe that there is live on other planets. Everyone has a different take on this idea of extraterrestrial life out there in the galaxy. Do you think they are more civilized or maybe aren't as developed. Drop below what you think. 

I do think alien life does exist but i do think there aren't as many as predicted because of maybe global wars on that planet or stuff we cant imagine. 

• Like 1
Edited by dolo

• Content Count:  482

No shit there’s other life out there, there’s more stars throughout the universe than there is grains of sand on earth where we stand. I refuse to believe that we are the only living form of life out of the entire universe when we’ve only explored 4 percent of space. I believe it never ends, it’s not like you can run into a barrier and be stopped. It’s physically impossible for us to explore the entire universe, it will never happen. We will never build the technology to do that. We are literally a spec of dust on a sun beam out in space. It would take over 100,000 light years to travel from one side of the Milky Way to the other, when traveling faster than the speed of light itself. We have over 100b stars and 100b planets inside of our galaxy. The distance of earth to any side of the observable universe is 46.5 billion light years, which is what we are only capable of seeing so far. I guarantee even just the observable universe is another spec of dust in our universe, who knows. If you don’t think there isn’t other life out there for a second, you’re mentally retarded. Sorry for ranting so much, but Astronomy is something I really love. It’s so unique and fascinating if you just sit down and realize how small we really are..

spacer.png
That's home, possibly one of the greatest pictures taken in human history. 

• Like 3
Edited by Arctic

• Content Count:  172

I had to do a project on this so here it is feel free to reed it but if not its mostly about how scientists find habitable planets and stuff along those lines .

Have you ever wondered what it would take to live on a planet that has no oxygen and 0 gravity in the environment? well it would be really hard because of the environment and what it takes to live in space or on a planet. According to NASA it takes a balance to  live on a planet some characteristics that you need are Oxygen , water , and CO2 these are only some of the characteristics there are many more these primary compounds are all over earth and for a planet to be similar to earth it would need to have an abundant amount of the compounds ( oxygen , water, and C02) when finding habitable planets scientists look for large amounts of Oxygen . Also the scientists look for the distance the planet is from the star and the size of the planet. Our planet earth is at the perfect distance and size for life to inhabit it for a planet to reach the requirements it would have to be in the 'habitable zone' around stars--where it's not too hot and not too cold for liquid water to exist on the surface and it would have to be around the size of earth to sun ratio these are some things we need to look for when finding a habitable planet.

This project helped me learn that it takes A lot of work to live on a new planet and it might take awhile to do. When trying to find habitable planets it's hard because they have to follow a strict rule set such as it needs to be in a perfect spot at the perfect place at a perfect time so it is very hard. Why does it have to be so precise well when a planet is formed for habitable life it has to be perfect because without it being like that it would not be able to have life on it this is why these types of planets are so rare. 

When doing this project it is difficult to find facts about this matter but I found out when scientists and astronomers are looking for planets that are habitable at a large scale they look for markers like a balance or scale, of  CO2 and oxygen because our planet has a certain   amount of the compounds that make the right temperature and availability for life.

When talking about the “perfect place” for a planet to be I am talking about the the habitable zone this a place where the planet is is the belt around a star where temperatures are ideal for liquid water an essential ingredient for life as we know it for planets to be habitable.

Those are some facts about how to find and what it takes to find habitable planets hopefully by the next century we will be able to live on a new planet with different life forms

• Like 1

• Content Count:  870

dolo your basically asking someone to get a college degree and start a successful business company and be like Jeff Bezos and spent billions of dollars on a fucking rocket and research to team to try to find A FUCKING RED PLANET and than you find it is inhabital by humans than your broke and homeless good job

• Like 1

• Content Count:  482

19 minutes ago, Yoddr said:

dolo your basically asking someone to get a college degree and start a successful business company and be like Jeff Bezos and spent billions of dollars on a fucking rocket and research to team to try to find A FUCKING RED PLANET and than you find it is inhabital by humans than your broke and homeless good job

Do you read what you write sometimes? 

• Like 6

Reply to Thread