? servers

? players online

how do you become a Director?

• Content Count:  565

32 minutes ago, fantastic said:

Hmm I don't recall coming off as a dictator in public. Behind closed doors in the staff discord I'll be a hardass at times since I don't have much free time to spare on other things. I think we can do much better which is why I push for things the way I do without much sugar coating.

Also, to answer your question: Director is actually pretty "simple" to get in that there's no magic formula to it. Hard work gets recognized. Bring something unique to the table as well. 

Do you remeber when you became a director

• Content Count:  2342

23 minutes ago, Starlegendgod said:

Do you remeber when you became a director

2/22/19 promoted to JA

5/24/19 promoted to SA

6/30/19 promoted to CA

8/30/19 promoted to JTA

9/3/19 promoted to SM

1/24/20 promoted to IA

2/23/20 promoted to LSM

2/23/20 promoted to TA

5/14/20 promoted to MKT

5/21/20 promoted to Director

I'd say most of my promotions were on the faster side of things given how keen I was, although I was far from a perfect candidate for some of these promotions (my SM promotion was pretty lucky given I was fairly questionable as a CA). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fantastic said:

2/22/19 promoted to JA

5/24/19 promoted to SA

6/30/19 promoted to CA

8/30/19 promoted to JTA

9/3/19 promoted to SM

1/24/20 promoted to IA

2/23/20 promoted to LSM

2/23/20 promoted to TA

5/14/20 promoted to MKT

5/21/20 promoted to Director

Wtf you getting promoted every 1-2 months on average dang

• Content Count:  2342

9 minutes ago, Starlegendgod said:

Wtf you getting promoted every 1-2 months on average dang

Hmm to be honest we were short of talent on JB and I was one of the only people who could seriously be considered at the time. That probably helped expedite my SM promotion. JTA + TA (and to an extent, Director) were likely given to me because we're always short of tech talent and I showed I could be trusted as a CA. And given how closely I worked with the higherups as a CA, JTA and TA, along with IA, it made sense to bump me up to Director since Director is a combination of CA, IA, managerial skills (LSM), MKT, and TA (to an extent). It helped that there was a certain director on the team who was vouching for me at the time and increased the frequency of promotions, although we've since slowed down the promotions considerably. I also poured in way too much time into SG during my time here as staff (easily 5-10 hours a day) so I think my way up the ladder to Director was abnormally fast.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  373

5 hours ago, TheZZL said:

Yes, Black Rain is even on a tight leash after falsely banning a player from the Discord. You can click here to see the complaint and abuse :

YOU DID NOT LMAOOOO

10 minutes ago, fantastic said:

Hmm to be honest we were short of talent on JB and I was one of the only people who could seriously be considered at the time. That probably helped expedite my SM promotion. JTA + TA (and to an extent, Director) were likely given to me because we're always short of tech talent and I showed I could be trusted as a CA. And given how closely I worked with the higherups as a CA, JTA and TA, along with IA, it made sense to bump me up to Director since Director is a combination of CA, IA, managerial skills (LSM), MKT, and TA (to an extent). It helped that there was a certain director on the team who was vouching for me at the time and increased the frequency of promotions, although we've since slowed down the promotions considerably. I also poured in way too much time into SG during my time here as staff (easily 5-10 hours a day) so I think my way up the ladder to Director was abnormally fast.

Have you heard how @Caution sound like? Does sound like a old man or maybe something else. How are meetings like in the board? Had there ever been heated argruments?

Reply to Thread