? servers

? players online

Thoughts on Chat Orders?

• Content Count:  562

Making my post look bad :weirdchamp:

I only think chat orders should be banned for lr but completely removing the ability is way to far. Yes sometimes I just don't wanna speak and we should encourage that since my average k/d goes up about 4x but that's not the point the point is that removing a large part of the community is overall bad especially the overwhelming discourage in wanting to play ct because your scared you'll mess up and get in trouble. 

-YOUR favorite JB Reg DOLO

• Content Count:  94

54 minutes ago, dolo said:

Making my post look bad :weirdchamp:

I only think chat orders should be banned for lr but completely removing the ability is way to far. Yes sometimes I just don't wanna speak and we should encourage that since my average k/d goes up about 4x but that's not the point the point is that removing a large part of the community is overall bad especially the overwhelming discourage in wanting to play ct because your scared you'll mess up and get in trouble. 

-YOUR favorite JB Reg DOLO

what if they cant use mic then, how do they lr? 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  193

honestly we should limit the power but sometimes i just dont want to talk or when my throat is sore and i dont want to hurt myself talking, but honestly chat orders are ok but they should have a command like /co then the mssg so it has like a ui for people to actually see it so that way it in the backlog of chat and we get killed easy

• Content Count:  256

On 1/24/2021 at 10:10 AM, Easterpink said:

Idk, making CTs use their mic will be a HUGE step in a direction, probably not the right direction. I just don't like how some CTs have mics and just put freeze in chat to get some cheap kills. This is just a discussion, I'm not trying to change any rules or anything.

I myself sometimes don't use my mic all the time because I honestly don't want to bother myself by talking to people who don't have the braincells to follow orders anyway and or don't feel like talking at all. IMO as playing as a T, its easier to follow orders given by chat as you can just hit whatever your chat key bind is and see the order. I find sometimes find myself not even knowing the orders even though they just say it, and I find it easier to follow orders if they are given in chat. This may not apply for everyone as some people seem to be illiterate, but I'm sure some people may agree with me. The only problem where I see with chat orders, if the server is near full and a lot of CTs are giving orders over each other. It's quite complicated but mic overrides chat orders so just follow whoever said what last.

As you said making CT's use their mic will be a big step towards a directions albeit towards a place where the ratio is usually 1:4 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  409

On 1/24/2021 at 11:54 AM, Steven. said:

Chat orders aren't going to be removed, Ive seen jb have 5-6 different managers probably more and this gets brought up every time and is always rejected. We can't and aren't going to force players to use their mic. 

If you can't read something that stays in chat for 10-15 seconds depending on the pop of the server then you need to get some glasses or pay attention. If you can't pay attention to the chat that's on you, not the CT for using the chat order. Here's a hint theres also a command called "/repeat" that you can use to have them repeat the order.

Surprisingly, Steven sums up our thoughts pretty well here. Proud of you lil bro!  

On 1/25/2021 at 5:40 AM, The Real Slim Jim said:

My best idea for this is a plugin that mimics what repeat does for t's. 

Type !order and it pops up for everyone to see like repeat does and limit the use of it something like !fo so you can still effectively play ct without a mic but you cant spam the plugin. Repeats can either be given by a ct with a mic or repeated in chat.

On 1/25/2021 at 8:23 PM, BeetleAtom said:

but they should have a command like /co then the mssg so it has like a ui for people to actually see it so that way it in the backlog of chat and we get killed easy

This idea has been brought up and rejected in this thread here: 

• Like 5

Reply to Thread