? servers

? players online

Thoughts on Chat Orders?

• Content Count:  248

Idk, making CTs use their mic will be a HUGE step in a direction, probably not the right direction. I just don't like how some CTs have mics and just put freeze in chat to get some cheap kills. This is just a discussion, I'm not trying to change any rules or anything.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  565

10 hours ago, Easterpink said:

I'm making this post for people to brainstorm ideas for eliminating or changing chat orders.

I personally don't like chat orders, especially when there are many people on. Requiring CTs to use a mic to give orders will be a big step in my opinion.

I support your point of view and reasoning behind of this case however theres a HUGE player base that dont use their mics often or at all - you yourself dont use your mic often as well-. Maybe the best course of action is to slowly add little restrictions of ppl that dont use their mics so it more encouraged to use their mics not full blow out not allowed to give orders without a mic because as i believe and many other ppl as well believe there will most likely be dramtic negative consequences of it. 

Thank you for sharing your issue with this though

• Content Count:  1105

Chat orders aren't going to be removed, Ive seen jb have 5-6 different managers probably more and this gets brought up every time and is always rejected. We can't and aren't going to force players to use their mic. 

If you can't read something that stays in chat for 10-15 seconds depending on the pop of the server then you need to get some glasses or pay attention. If you can't pay attention to the chat that's on you, not the CT for using the chat order. Here's a hint theres also a command called "/repeat" that you can use to have them repeat the order.

• Like 5
Edited by Steven.

• Content Count:  107

Chat orders will probably never be removed. Already the CT side is not strong enough, if we add this rule, it's going to completely ruin it. 

22 minutes ago, Steven. said:

If you can't pay attention to the chat that's on you, not the CT for using the chat order. Here's a hint theres also a command called "/repeat" that you can use to have them repeat the order.

^^ Agreed. If you can't pay attention to the chat it's not his problem it's on you.

12 hours ago, Easterpink said:

Requiring CTs to use a mic to give orders will be a big step in my opinion.

Maybe but removing this rule would get rid of a lot of people on CT side.

12 hours ago, 20 scrolls said:

STOP TRYING TO GET RID OF CHAT ORDERS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Content Count:  971

yeah even as someone who has fought to the nail to get chat orders nerfed, I think we're at a perfect balance with chat and voice orders. chat orders serve an important purpose for some of the disabled members of our community @Mark Rober @20 scrolls @Tagwrack.

I think the recent changes have been fantastic, as abuse of chat orders was a legitimate problem but the problem is essentially gone at this point with the changes to !fo and such so I couldn't be happier with the approach @Dom and @TheZZL have taken with the server recently.

If we were to hypothetically remove chat orders entirely, I disagree that it would damage the server population as 20scrolls said, but I don't think people should be entirely barred off from playing the side if they don't want to talk.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  635

On 24/01/2021 at 5:55 PM, Easterpink said:

I'm making this post for people to brainstorm ideas for eliminating or changing chat orders.

I personally don't like chat orders, especially when there are many people on. Requiring CTs to use a mic to give orders will be a big step in my opinion.

My best idea for this is a plugin that mimics what repeat does for t's. 

Type !order and it pops up for everyone to see like repeat does and limit the use of it something like !fo so you can still effectively play ct without a mic but you cant spam the plugin. Repeats can either be given by a ct with a mic or repeated in chat.

You could still override with mic or go with your fellow cts order, like people already do for chat orders.

I think having a command like this would add to no mic cts ability to have an impact on a round without breaking the status qou

What are peoples main problems with chat orders atm? Ever since @R3Flexgot admin ive seen way less chat abuse hehe :drum:

• Like 1
Edited by The Real Slim Jim

• Content Count:  1920

I never was a fan of nerfing chat orders too hard, but I think we're at a good balance right now in terms of having chat orders be fair for both sides. There is no reason to remove chat orders because there are CTs who use those orders for legitimate reasons whether it be not having a mic, having a lot of background noise, not wanting to talk, etc. Hell, we have current and have had past admins never use their mics and do just a fine job. If you have the attention span of a goldfish and can't look at chat for orders while playing, that's not my problem.

On 1/24/2021 at 10:10 AM, Easterpink said:

Idk, making CTs use their mic will be a HUGE step in a direction, probably not the right direction. I just don't like how some CTs have mics and just put freeze in chat to get some cheap kills. This is just a discussion, I'm not trying to change any rules or anything.

I've been playing Jailbreak a bit more recently, and unless I'm missing something-- this really isn't an issue that I see? The only time I see CTs massacre for a chat order is because either: a) They didn't know their order got overwritten on voice (because they're a newer CT) OR b) It's a CT I know either doesn't have a mic or for the most part doesn't use it.

I am someone who uses voice and chat orders a good deal because I usually play exclusively on CT. When I give chat orders, it's not for cheap kills. I don't use my mic sometimes simply because I don't want to talk, or because the background is loud because I'm in the process of moving.

tl;dr-- It aint broke, don't "fix" it

• Like 2
Edited by phoenix_
fix format

Reply to Thread