? servers

? players online

Thoughts on Chat Orders?

• Content Count:  248

I'm making this post for people to brainstorm ideas for eliminating or changing chat orders.

I personally don't like chat orders, especially when there are many people on. Requiring CTs to use a mic to give orders will be a big step in my opinion.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  587

I think we should be working towards phasing them out in the future, but I feel that just requiring CTs to use a mic all of a sudden might bring a drop in player base as a whole or have some sort of negative affects on the server, even though there are good intentions in it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1009

I think we found a decent middle ground between the fact that voice orders override chat orders... Having CTs requiring mics is most likely never going to happen, as that will significantly drop player base or forcing @20 scrollsto play T side.

Not really sure why it should be changed.

• Like 1
Edited by Poke
moron

• Content Count:  1559

STOP TRYING TO GET RID OF CHAT ORDERS

This will completely ruin CT side, and I myself would most likely quit the server. There is no point in getting rid of chat orders simply because mfs can't read. Getting rid of chat FO helped alot more but completely getting rid of chat orders will just ruin the server

• Like 12

• Content Count:  905

12 minutes ago, Easterpink said:

I'm making this post for people to brainstorm ideas for eliminating or changing chat orders.

I personally don't like chat orders, especially when there are many people on. Requiring CTs to use a mic to give orders will be a big step in my opinion.

If this happens there should be a certain player requirement like 15 up when  cts need a mic. But there  are still some holes. But tbh I dont see this at all useful. A large chunk of the playerbase has no mic so you would be cutting them from playing ct. Also, just because you have a mic doesn't mean you cant give good orders. Some people who use chat can give actual orders so thats also cutting some of the decent cts from  actually playing. Also there's already rules put in place to make sure chat orders don't get out of hand. Like mic orders override chat orders. This just wouldn't help and just make ct more of a shit show. And it isnt that hard to read chat especially when you know theres a ct thats going to give orders through there. 

• Content Count:  422

The only scenerio that chat orders are some what annoying is when there are a lot of people typing in chat. I dont think that we should get rid of chat orders though, Its not hard to read chat orders. plus Getting rid of chat orders would get rid of some of the population that main ct side.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1559

The JB managers are not looking to nerf the chat orders further than they are already. We have already made changes to chat order in FO, and this is the final step needed to be taken. A suggestion for anyone with chat orders is to either get a CT to repeat the order or override the order altogether. Any other changes restrict a good amount of players from CT, and make administration a little more hectic.

• Like 4
Edited by 20 scrolls

• Content Count:  331

8 hours ago, 20 scrolls said:

STOP TRYING TO GET RID OF CHAT ORDERS

This will completely ruin CT side, and I myself would most likely quit the server. There is no point in getting rid of chat orders simply because mfs can't read. Getting rid of chat FO helped alot more but completely getting rid of chat orders will just ruin the server

shush mute man

• Like 2

Reply to Thread