? servers

? players online

Full In-School...

• Content Count:  640

2 hours ago, BoM said:

I'd bet a lot of money you are both virgins. 

Idk reflex is kinda annoying id argue there's "bitches" out there who'd do anything to shut him up for 30 seconds

Pretty sure lynxie is a sure bet tho thats like buying bulk DogeCoin 

Asssss for op

I was isolated from the whole thing until i started school this year, and so far as im learning something that requires almost 2/3's of my time to be practical in person activity, not having the choice to go to school bc one new person was found in our community with covid is a fucking huge buzzkill. It probably wouldnt be so bad for most regular people, but for those who are in a full schedule of AP gunning for college credits, or trying to get a sports based scholarship, in person schooling would be a huge benefit. So i think it should really be up to the student, and parents should do their best to accommodate their kids choice. Yes there is a risk, but buying food and bringing it into your house is a risk, idk americans seem to be doing alright so far regardless of not taking it seriously (most of yall atleast)

• Content Count:  1633

My education took a bit of a hit ever since transitioning to virtual learning. A lot of college professors were evidently unprepared to teach online and some of them really half assed their courses. It's gotten a bit better each semester and I've gotten more used to the learning, but I'd really prefer learning in person. It's way more engaging and professors are more suited to teach that way. All signs are pointing to this being the last semester of online learning for me so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm healthy and low risk when it comes to the virus, but a lot of people aren't. Each student having a choice in their method of learning would be best, so low risk students like me can have the opportunity to have a better educational experience while students in higher risk situations can continue their education in a safer environment. It feels like we're really closing the final chapter on this whole pandemic thing though so it probably doesn't even matter at this point.

• Like 5
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  1920

I moved back on campus despite not having any in-person classes to avoid living with my father. I of course want to go back to in-person classes, but it doesn't really make sense to at this point if you ask me. While the younger populous is generally at a lower risk of complications from infection, that's not to say we don't spread it to others who are in danger of some serious health issues because of COVID. Though I despise online classes and do far worse in them compared to in-person, it's something that I am slowly adapting to. 

If the way my college is handling having even a portion of their students return to campus is any sort of indicator to how the rest of the schools in the country are doing it, I have very little faith. My college is threatening to shut all extracurricular activities down (clubs, sports, gyms, etc.) and make people stay in their dorm room unless absolutely necessary. They brought back 4,000 more students than they had last semester, I'm not entirely sure why they didn't expect an increase of cases when they didn't require testing before returning to campus, and have very loosely enforced their COVID policies. 

I also don't really have much faith in the vaccination process being too successful, either. They are estimating that somewhere near 70% of the population would need some form of immunity towards COVID-19 to have "herd immunity". Since there doesn't seem to be too much data on how well the antibodies work over a long period of time (at least last time I looked for any data), the main way of doing this is through vaccination. That's the issue. Not only are there people who don't really believe in COVID, there are also people who just don't want the vaccine. For instance, both of my parents fully believe COVID is a huge issue, but neither of them want the vaccine. I don't really even want the vaccine myself. I would be shocked if we even get 60% of the population vaccinated from this simply due to personal choice, whatever the reason behind that choice. 

Overall, don't think fully in-person is a smart idea at this point, but I think some form of hybrid system would be best until we reach some form of normalcy with this bullshit.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  537

Been doing hybrid this year and can confirm it sucks. My school runs on a block schedule meaning that we alternate classes each day. There's total of 8 classes each of which is 80 minutes long and those are then split into two days of 4 classes. Those days are called blue and white days and every week we alternate from Dominate In person blue days and 2 white days one online and one in person. The next week will be dominant online white days with two blue days one online and one in person. This will rotate from dominate in person and dominant online to the respecting opposite. Basically the cycle run every 4 weeks but we are constantly dealing with further schedule changes leading to that cycle breaking and just becoming more and more confusing. Either way, would much rather just go full in school or online just to remain consistent because this shit is annoying af.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1051

10 minutes ago, phoenix_ said:

I moved back on campus despite not having any in-person classes to avoid living with my father. I of course want to go back to in-person classes, but it doesn't really make sense to at this point if you ask me. While the younger populous is generally at a lower risk of complications from infection, that's not to say we don't spread it to others who are in danger of some serious health issues because of COVID. Though I despise online classes and do far worse in them compared to in-person, it's something that I am slowly adapting to. 

If the way my college is handling having even a portion of their students return to campus is any sort of indicator to how the rest of the schools in the country are doing it, I have very little faith. My college is threatening to shut all extracurricular activities down (clubs, sports, gyms, etc.) and make people stay in their dorm room unless absolutely necessary. They brought back 4,000 more students than they had last semester, I'm not entirely sure why they didn't expect an increase of cases when they didn't require testing before returning to campus, and have very loosely enforced their COVID policies. 

I also don't really have much faith in the vaccination process being too successful, either. They are estimating that somewhere near 70% of the population would need some form of immunity towards COVID-19 to have "herd immunity". Since there doesn't seem to be too much data on how well the antibodies work over a long period of time (at least last time I looked for any data), the main way of doing this is through vaccination. That's the issue. Not only are there people who don't really believe in COVID, there are also people who just don't want the vaccine. For instance, both of my parents fully believe COVID is a huge issue, but neither of them want the vaccine. I don't really even want the vaccine myself. I would be shocked if we even get 60% of the population vaccinated from this simply due to personal choice, whatever the reason behind that choice. 

Overall, don't think fully in-person is a smart idea at this point, but I think some form of hybrid system would be best until we reach some form of normalcy with this bullshit.

14 minutes ago, Kieran said:

My education took a bit of a hit ever since transitioning to virtual learning. A lot of college professors were evidently unprepared to teach online and some of them really half assed their courses. It's gotten a bit better each semester and I've gotten more used to the learning, but I'd really prefer learning in person. It's way more engaging and professors are more suited to teach that way. All signs are pointing to this being the last semester of online learning for me so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm healthy and low risk when it comes to the virus, but a lot of people aren't. Each student having a choice in their method of learning would be best, so low risk students like me can have the opportunity to have a better educational experience while students in higher risk situations can continue their education in a safer environment. It feels like we're really closing the final chapter on this whole pandemic thing though so it probably doesn't even matter at this point.

To be fair, I wanna think about the future of schooling until I'm out. I know focusing on the present is good for mental health but, I am not worried about catching the virus. As for others, they can worry and yada yada, but I'm thinking selfishly and about myself.

I had caught COVID back before school started, and I was either asymptomatic, or I "suffered" one affect which was increased fatigue. Other than that, I am not scared of the virus thus the reasons I'm okay with this starting up.

After COVID is basically gone, we will head back to school, college, or jobs without masks like normal. And I wanna be ready for that instead of pissing my pants about a sneeze.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

>be god

>time to send your bicentennial plague to curb overpopulation

>modern medicine has been making your job harder

>this one should take a while to crack

>give most people no symptoms so they'll spread it

>literally only kills old people on their way out so nobody should care

>absolute madmen start wearing masks everywhere and literally shut everything down

:peperee:

I feel bad for anyone who's still in school during this whole thing to be honest. A lot of kids are obviously having a much harder time learning online. Seems like it's pretty difficult for many to stay focused and stay accountable for their work. As a result, a lot of schools literally don't give a shit about whether their kids are learning anything and are just passing anyone that shows up. I'm interested in seeing how these same kids reintegrate back into regular school after all the Zoom autism that's been going on.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1633

20 minutes ago, lyn said:

, but I'm thinking selfishly and about myself.

How not to get anyone to agree with what you're saying 101.

You getting sick ultimately brings consequences for other people. Just because you're low risk doesn't mean the people you'll come in contact with aren't, hence why these precautions are necessary until vaccinations are widely available. This isn't a matter to be selfish about. Downplaying the entire virus to a sneeze is a bit of a lame take too.

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

9 minutes ago, Kieran said:

How not to get anyone to agree with what you're saying 101.

You getting sick ultimately brings consequences for other people. Just because you're low risk doesn't mean the people you'll come in contact with aren't, hence why these precautions are necessary until vaccinations are widely available. This isn't a matter to be selfish about. Downplaying the entire virus to a sneeze is a bit of a lame take too.

You literally just got 200 IQed by a brainlet. You don't need anyone to agree with you when you openly admit to being selfish. You're trying to prove someone wrong who's already admitted to being wrong and doesn't care.

Based and chadpilled @lyn :pepega:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3150

14 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

>literally only kills old people on their way out so nobody should care

>absolute madmen start wearing masks everywhere and literally shut everything down

Spoiler

>About four in ten adults (37.6%) ages 18 and older in the U.S. (92.6 million people) have a higher risk of developing serious illness if they become infected with coronavirus, due to their older age (65 and older) or health condition

>Just over half of those at higher risk of developing a serious illness are ages 65 and older (55.2% or 51.1 million adults); however, the remaining 41.4 million adults ages 18-64 are at risk due to an underlying medical condition.

>The share of adults ages 18 and older who have a higher risk of developing a more serious illness varies across the country, ranging from 49.3 percent (West Virginia) to 30 percent (Utah).

>In some of the states with the highest number of reported coronavirus cases thus far, the share of adults at high risk of serious illness if infected is relatively high: Louisiana and Florida (at 42.1 percent, each) and Michigan (41.2 percent).

spacer.png

spacer.png

:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoM said:
  Hide contents

>About four in ten adults (37.6%) ages 18 and older in the U.S. (92.6 million people) have a higher risk of developing serious illness if they become infected with coronavirus, due to their older age (65 and older) or health condition

>Just over half of those at higher risk of developing a serious illness are ages 65 and older (55.2% or 51.1 million adults); however, the remaining 41.4 million adults ages 18-64 are at risk due to an underlying medical condition.

>The share of adults ages 18 and older who have a higher risk of developing a more serious illness varies across the country, ranging from 49.3 percent (West Virginia) to 30 percent (Utah).

>In some of the states with the highest number of reported coronavirus cases thus far, the share of adults at high risk of serious illness if infected is relatively high: Louisiana and Florida (at 42.1 percent, each) and Michigan (41.2 percent).

spacer.png

spacer.png

:)

spacer.png

• Like 2

Reply to Thread