? servers

? players online

JB Map Roundtimes

• Content Count:  4441

The round times on the server feel extremely awkward on the maps which have been set that way. I understand small incremental increases but the changes feel entirely overkill & unnecessary. Having it so a map like Clouds which was delayed on notoriously to begin with has a longer timer for me makes little sense. What criteria were the maps decided on? It makes the server more  far more boring, far less fast paced when this happens. The time at the start of the round has turned into a minute of a CT giving you a monologue before even considering opening cells, the time at the end has become the same thing of delaying & fucking around with the Ts who are still alive if not blatantly camping somewhere giving no orders. 

Again, I’m not entirely certain what criteria or logic this change was made on, I’m aware other servers sometimes have longer round timers but it’s my least favorite thing about them. It could be that I’m the only one who feels this way, but I think it should be considered to tweak the times or fully revert them. 

• Like 3
Edited by All Ts

• Content Count:  635

7 hours ago, BloodBlades said:

Im pretty sure only large maps have the increased 7 minute round times. This is because they usually have more secrets and are more spread out. So its harder for cts to bring ts anywhere without taking a few minutes. I think making some of the larger maps only 5 mins long would be good tho.

yeah some maps are too big for a 5 minute round to give enough time to not be rushed (when) ; 

open cells and check for guns etc.

send t's to a mini game

send t's to a dg

do lr's

• Content Count:  4441

6 minutes ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

yeah some maps are too big for a 5 minute round to give enough time to not be rushed (when) ; 

open cells and check for guns etc.

send t's to a mini game

send t's to a dg

do lr's

I don't think that's true. If people stopped screwing around at the start of the round it wouldn't take so long, more time really feels like it's being used horribly. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  971

Just now, All Ts said:

I don't think that's true. If people stopped screwing around at the start of the round it wouldn't take so long, more time really feels like it's being used horribly. 

if ive learned anything while playing jb, ttt, and becoming a new driver, it's that wishing upon a star that people weren't fucking retarded is the worst solution to any problem.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  635

38 minutes ago, All Ts said:

Not for every map sure, but yeah maps like moti or pyraneese it definitely is. Alot of maps could probably use 6 minute instead reserving 7 for the largest.

Id say a bigger problem with the map time , rather than the time itself is, it still doesnt mean cts will use the given map time to do engaging things.

36 minutes ago, dafty said:

if ive learned anything while playing jb, ttt, and becoming a new driver, it's that wishing upon a star that people weren't fucking retarded is the worst solution to any problem.

Also this is pretty accurate 

• Content Count:  576

In my point of view, the increased round times are just an invitation for more delay. CTs will spend an unnecessary amount of time to either A: give step-out orders or B: yell at the prisoners for stupid things they did last round instead of being straightforward and sending them to an optional deathgame or areas like soccer or pool. Setting the round times back to their original values would in all honesty encourage the guards to send prisoners around the map. I'm an advocate for the fast-paced rounds instead of waiting in one area frozen for 30 seconds just to be told to go another 20 steps towards a marker and freeze. Admins are encouraged to play as a guard to attempt to give actual orders and bring an uplifting mood to the servers but again, it's not required by regulars and can overall be a nuisance to die and wait 3 minutes after prisoners are given a freeday. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

On 4/4/2021 at 2:51 PM, All Ts said:

The time at the start of the round has turned into a minute of a CT giving you a monologue before even considering opening cells, the time at the end has become the same thing of delaying & fucking around with the Ts who are still alive if not blatantly camping somewhere giving no orders. 

Well these actions are clearly against the rules, but I don't think I need to give you my spiel of how to take care of players like this.

The decision to give larger maps with more games a longer roundtime was an attempt to get players to play on and explore lots of underutilized maps and expand the taste in the map pool. We chose maps that gave Prisoners plenty of opportunities to rebel easily like they used to, but also give Guards the option to bring some spice to the stale round order. While I agree longer round times may give Guards the idea they can delay, they 100% aren't allowed to. The maximum they're allowed to keep you in your cells is one minute, after that they should get you moving somewhere else. Also note, if their order once cell doors open is always a step out order, they are forced to, by the rules, to give different orders. We don't want to have all maps uniformly at seven minutes, or all at five, because some do not need extra time or would end without any progress made; Regardless of how good Guards are, some maps just need time to be traversed. 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.