? servers

? players online

J Cole - The Off Season (First Look)

• Content Count:  576

9 5 . s o u t h - Not my favorite

a m a r i - Wasn't expecting the beat to hit that hard. Definitely going to blast this in my car tomorrow. 

m y . l i f e - Sounds like "a lot" by 21, jaw dropped when savage pulled up on the verse. 
a p p l y i n g . p r e s s u r e - Fire, the old school Cole style. Love that shit. 
p u n c h i n’ . t h e . c l o c k - Its... alright. Gotta be in the right mood for this. Definitely a story telling song.

1 0 0 . m i l ‘  - Start caught me off guard. Mixing/mastering is a little whack but that might just be the inner engineer in me. Could be 10x better with a Travis Scott feature or someone along that style. 

p r i d e . i s . t h e . d e v I l - Another song that I need to be in the right mood for. First listen is always a little iffy.

l e t . g o . m y . h a n d - Fire. All I got to say.

i n t e r l u d e - Sample is awesome. 

c l o s e - Really feelin Cole on this one. Letting the emotions flow, pure poetry. 

t h e . c l i m b . b a c k - Been released since like July of 2020 but still got the same chill vibes almost a year later.

h u n g e r . o n . h i l l s i d e - Great song. What a pleasant way to end off the album. Excited to see how the tracks grow on me after the 2nd and 3rd listen

• Like 5

• Content Count:  635

6 hours ago, Nate. said:

9 5 . s o u t h - Not my favorite

a m a r i - Wasn't expecting the beat to hit that hard. Definitely going to blast this in my car tomorrow. 

m y . l i f e - Sounds like "a lot" by 21, jaw dropped when savage pulled up on the verse. 
a p p l y i n g . p r e s s u r e - Fire, the old school Cole style. Love that shit. 
p u n c h i n’ . t h e . c l o c k - Its... alright. Gotta be in the right mood for this. Definitely a story telling song.

1 0 0 . m i l ‘  - Start caught me off guard. Mixing/mastering is a little whack but that might just be the inner engineer in me. Could be 10x better with a Travis Scott feature or someone along that style. 

p r i d e . i s . t h e . d e v I l - Another song that I need to be in the right mood for. First listen is always a little iffy.

l e t . g o . m y . h a n d - Fire. All I got to say.

i n t e r l u d e - Sample is awesome. 

c l o s e - Really feelin Cole on this one. Letting the emotions flow, pure poetry. 

t h e . c l i m b . b a c k - Been released since like July of 2020 but still got the same chill vibes almost a year later.

h u n g e r . o n . h i l l s i d e - Great song. What a pleasant way to end off the album. Excited to see how the tracks grow on me after the 2nd and 3rd listen

ty bb new music to listen to

• Content Count:  971

13 hours ago, Nate. said:

They used the same sample.

I'm not a J. Cole fan at all and I really liked this album. For me it filled the void Kendrick Lamar left in my heart after not dropping shit for 4 years.

Definitely like 3 mid songs but the rest are absolute heat. Solid 8/10 for me.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5377

Been busy this morning but will probably put this on in a few minutes to work to. Still waiting on that j cole and kendrick collab album though....

Hopefully isaiah rashads album is as good as the first single is from it too

• Content Count:  927

Musically, I am not a fan of the album at all. I added like 2 songs to my rap playlist. Lyrically, he did great. 

I would put this as one of his worst albums. If it's not #1, it's #2. 

Reply to Thread