? servers

? players online

"you didnt put alot of effort into your admin application"

• Content Count:  587

If you write a 3 page essay you better have the important part at the start

all im saying - to go more in detail technically yes, we would read what you put down but why put so much effort? I feel that 1 - 2 paragraphs is definitely enough to get your reasoning across I don't see why you would need to write so much 

• Like 6
Edited by oSen

• Content Count:  331

2 minutes ago, oSen said:

If you write a 3 page essay you better have the important part at the start

all im saying - to go more in detail technically yes, we would read what you put down but why put so much effort? I feel that 1 - 2 paragraphs is definitely enough to get your reasoning across I don't see why you would need to write so much 

oSen pretty much said it all.

1 paragraph should be just enough to get your point across. All you need to say is what you're known for and why you think you should get admin in 3-5 sentences. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  275

I feel as though it's important for an admin to be able to be clear and concise with a point they are trying to get across. If it takes me more than 2 minutes to read and digest what you wrote you probably are 1)blowing smoke up our and/or your own ass or 2) Don’t have a single clue what you're trying to say

• Like 3

• Content Count:  576

These guys above pretty much summed it all up. 

It is definitely possible to put too much effort into an application. Just state your intentions on why you applied and let the people who respond on the application do the rest. They will give you critique and their point of view of how you act in the community, and whether or not they believe you are a good fit. 

1 hour ago, oSen said:

I feel that 1 - 2 paragraphs is definitely enough to get your reasoning across I don't see why you would need to write so much 

This. There is only so much you can say in an application before it starts looking like extra fluff. 

On 12/3/2016 at 7:39 AM, Leon Mordecai said:

All you need to write is a few sentences explaining why you want admin, mention things like you help players on the servers or make player complaints or have previous experience in admining a server. We don't require a 5 page essay on why you want admin, but at the same time we don't want to look at an application with barely any effort put into it.

Quoted straight from the guide for applying. 

• Like 3
Edited by Nate.

Reply to Thread