? servers

? players online

Should I use Geforce Now?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should I use Geforce Now?

• yes!!!!
    • no >:(

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/21 at 09:43 AM

Should I use Geforce Now? (Cloud-based game streaming service)

• Content Count:  107

In ~2020 I was running CS smoothly on my $500 laptop at 75FPS on Medium settings, but now I can't play CS with 50+ fps on very low graphics. (Lots of frame drops on big maps)
Since it's impossible to play CS on my garbage laptop, I've started using Geforce now, but there's a catch... You get shared IPs (meaning that other people can get the same IP and do bad things on SG servers). If someone gets banned using IP 23.314.2314.2 (this is a fake Ip btw) and I get the same IP then join TTT, I will get banned.

Is it worth taking the risk even though the chances of getting a banned IP are pretty low?

Specs: spacer.png

Edited by Fl1ck
>:)

• Content Count:  84

I would highly doubt that this would happen, too many circumstances. I guess it's still possible though. Out of GeForce now's ~10mil users they would have to launch counterstrike, Join SG and do something bannable, get banned and assuming that every time you connect to GFN you get a different Virtual Machine IP have exactly the same IP as that person who was banned. Probability is very very very low I would think.

• Like 2
Edited by EpicFP

• Content Count:  5381

7 hours ago, EpicFP said:

I would highly doubt that this would happen, too many circumstances. I guess it's still possible though. Out of GeForce now's ~10mil users they would have to launch counterstrike, Join SG and do something bannable, get banned and assuming that every time you connect to GFN you get a different Virtual Machine IP have exactly the same IP as that person who was banned. Probability is very very very low I would think.

And yet we get tons of false bans off of VPN related nonsense. 

Fl1ck, chances are that you will get inadvertently banned off of a GeForce now connection at some point. I remember seeing banned IPs from it the last time I was dealing with ban appeals here.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1106

When I had to sell my computer for personal reasons I was stuck using it for two to three months and that was back when I played the GO Servers pretty religiously, and I think I got banned from it once. But that was back when it was around 500k users and now there being 5 million registered users, it might be more common but I know others in the community use it and I don't think they've had any issues regarding shared IPs. 

Just be careful and if you do happen to get Alt Banned just reach out to a BD, because it's pretty complicated on their part to get it fixed. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

When I was on an internship abroad I used GFN with no problems for months. If you do get banned, from my time as a BD I found that it was pretty easy to just google the IP and figure out it was in a GFN IP pool. Not only that, but you're an admin and you've made this post beforehand so you'll probably be given some benefit of the doubt (not speaking on behalf of the board or as a member of staff, just as a retiree)

• Like 3

• Content Count:  162

Personally I wouldn’t us geforce for CS. It’s a great thing but I’ve seen some unban requests for someone using geforce. Even though it shouldnt be a high chance, it’s bound to happen eventually.  That’s just me tho. If you wanna take the risk and then have to go and either make and unban request or message a bd to get unbanned then you do you.  In all, when I had a bad computer back in the day, I put cs on low graphics and did some other console and computer stuff I found online and was actually able to get some extra fps.  But that was like 6-7 years ago so idk if that stuff still works. 

Edited by cnb

5 hours ago, cnb said:

In all, when I had a bad computer back in the day, I put cs on low graphics and did some other console and computer stuff I found online and was actually able to get some extra fps.  But that was like 6-7 years ago so idk if that stuff still works. 

Still works but doesnt really change anything

• Content Count:  304

just close every application  except CS:GO and Discord with BetterDiscord on with an Anti Lag theme

Also to close everything running in the background there a cmd command that can do that but I honestly couldn’t remember the line. 

Also idk if your pc is old or just got really bad suddenly but you could always try reinstalling windows or changing to linux but honestly if your pc still runs fine but with low fps I wouldn’t do anything of the last paragraph.

(sorry for the cmd line :/)

this is what im currently doing. I optimised my pc the best I could. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Cat said:

(sorry for the cmd line :/)

task manager^^

Edited by Fl1ck
cant write

• Content Count:  304

Just now, Fl1ck said:

task manager^^

there is a cmd like very more efficient I just really can’t remember it it basically restarts your pc but with only the pc itself running but I believe that you could do the same with task manager 

Best of luck >:)

• Like 1

Reply to Thread