? servers

? players online

• Content Count:  5377

Send the quarterly update posts out as a newsletter to registered email addresses so that you can call on a player base that's already familiar with the community and hopefully bring back some familiar faces. User retention rates aren't exactly the best around here so use the tools we have to remind people we exist and update them on improvements and the general happenings of the community.

I'm pretty sure Nishok or one of the other TAs will know how to set up a mail server that you can run this off of. If not hit me up and maybe I'll do it out of kindness.

• Like 8
Edited by delirium

• Content Count:  3294

I brought this up at the marketer level a while back, I'll be sure to harass the right people about this and will get you an update when I know more.

Edit: We should already have a mailing list half setup seeming we ask users on registration (and within the user profile settings) whether or not they want to subscribe to it. However, as of the launch of the new forums nothing has been sent out.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL
Edit

• Content Count:  3150

2 hours ago, TheZZL said:

I brought this up at the marketer level a while back, I'll be sure to harass the right people about this and will get you an update when I know more.

You Rang.

Uhhh IIRC there was an issue brought up on the technical side by Nishok (and/or Liam), but I will follow up with him again to refresh my memory as its been over a year since we last had the convo.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1105

1 hour ago, BoM said:

You Rang.

Uhhh IIRC there was an issue brought up on the technical side by Nishok (and/or Liam), but I will follow up with him again to refresh my memory as its been over a year since we last had the convo.

You are indeed correct, back when Mace and I were the shit heads of the marketing team we actually had planned on sending monthly adverts/ what's currently happening to the community that was important enough to send an email. We actually had a whole layout/template for the emailing system that can make it simplistic yet informative and you'd just have to plug in the information and hit send. But there was some sort of complication that Liam/Nishok mentioned regarding sending mass emails, hopefully it's fixed/ doable now. Just don't send me any emails, thanks. 

I bet if ZZL looks hard enough it might be laying around somewhere in a thread if not I suggest reaching out to Mace or just creating a new one. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  678

On 9/25/2021 at 12:36 AM, Steven. said:

monthly adverts

please no.

If you send something once a month, that will be the fastest way to the spam folder. You want this to bring back old players, without annoying the current population. Deli's got the right idea on this one, quarterly.

Reply to Thread