? servers

? players online

Jailbreak markers

• Content Count:  764

I think it would be a good add if we were to add a new marker system, I just think it would make things simpler and t's could follow orders easier. Also this marker system could provide you to be able to place up to 4 markers at once which is very useful. How this would work is if you pressed right click a marker menu would show up of 4 different colours, white, red, blue, green, this would make it as I already said a lot simpler for ct's when placing markers and markers will most likely be used a lot more.

https://imgur.com/M166lD1

I'm sure lots of jb regs would love a new marker system so you don't have to type !marker in chat everyime.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  116

2 hours ago, Che said:

I'm sure lots of jb regs would love a new marker system so you don't have to type !marker in chat everyime.

Just make a bind then you can click a button and place one.

I think the current system of markers is fine, it's less confusing with only two markers at once, and I haven't really seen a ton of issues regarding markers. Also needing one of the side menus to place a marker could get annoying, if any other one comes up like a map vote it'll get rid of it and you can't really switch weapons when its open. In my opinion it's more streamlined how it is now and less hassle placing them.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  971

Perhaps in very niche scenarios, one CT placing 4 markers would be useful for things like very specific optional death games. 

Problem is 90% of the time this would create a clusterfuck of markers blocking vision and confusing prisoners. Most CT's already rarely respect other CT's orders and some might just press their marker binds for the hell of it or overlap existing markers placed by the previous order giver, so I really don't think this is a good idea.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  764

1 minute ago, dafty said:

some might just press their marker binds for the hell of it or overlap existing markers placed by the previous order giver, so I really don't think this is a good idea.

We already have markers and ct's are able to place a marker on top of another and so far it has not been a big deal, sometimes people do spam marker binds but as already with this plug in we can just make it so ct's are not able to spam place markers constantly.

• Content Count:  678

2 hours ago, dafty said:

90% of the time this would create a clusterfuck of markers blocking vision and confusing

this. i die plenty enough already going to "the wrong marker".

• Like 2

• Content Count:  560

2 hours ago, Che said:

We already have markers and ct's are able to place a marker on top of another and so far it has not been a big deal, sometimes people do spam marker binds but as already with this plug in we can just make it so ct's are not able to spam place markers constantly.

situational irony  

• Like 1

• Content Count:  154

On 10/9/2021 at 2:32 PM, Che said:

This marker looks like it doesn't stand out at all,  you don't need to redesign them maybe just change the mechanics of how they work.

19 hours ago, Enderspine said:

this. i die plenty enough already going to "the wrong marker".

From this comment we can see that this person dies from going to the wrong marker sometimes.

Why not make it so only one marker can be placed at a time so we can fix this issue. Basically the CT giving out the order like "go to the marker" would be the one placing it,  which I thought people got the idea of in the first place but time and time again two CTs are placing two different markers.

If there is already a marker placed then it will be a 5 second cooldown on all the CTs for when they can put down another marker and when a new one gets placed it deletes the previous one.

If anybody wants to put extra input on this idea feel free to.

• Content Count:  678

40 minutes ago, Aster said:

so only one marker can be placed at a time

This would be a great suggestion, however it leaves the system open to trolling. CT "Ace" is trying to direct a lost T to climb using the marker, but CT "Rodrigo" spams the marker elsewhere, or even to a restricted area. With two markers, it lets honest CTs get a marker in once in a while.
I'd also considered a one marker system, but any way you spin it, it is inferior to two markers. Even if you add a cooldown to the markers, that just means that there's an amount of time that a bad marker has to stay before the right one is placed.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  154

1 hour ago, Enderspine said:

CT "Rodrigo" spams the marker elsewhere, or even to a restricted area. With two markers, it lets honest CTs get a marker in once in a while.

To avoid this issue you could add on to the Spam rule including markers for CTs and not just skins and voice chat. Admins would just have to enforce the rule.

1 hour ago, Enderspine said:

I'd also considered a one marker system, but any way you spin it, it is inferior to two markers. Even if you add a cooldown to the markers, that just means that there's an amount of time that a bad marker has to stay before the right one is placed.

Again you can avoid this issue by adding another rule: "If a CT wants to place a marker down to guide the Ts somewhere it must be the CT SAYING the 'go to X' order"

For example, CT A : "All Ts go to where my marker is" (Broad order but just for an example). CT B cannot place the marker CT A has to do it since he/she said the order.

Another thing admins would have to enforce obviously, which can create a lot of complicated situations where they would have to comprehend the situation first and use their brain but I would say its worth it for less confusion among the CTs and Ts.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.