? servers

? players online

AOTY so far?

• Content Count:  1083

13 hours ago, John said:

oh boy. this is tough. it's hard for me to remember some albums that came out this year. off the top of my head, the most memorable ones would have to be DONDA by Kanye and Long Term Effects of SUFFERING by $uicideboy$. They were both amazing albums and I am a huge fan of the both of them. They're both my most two listened artists in my life time. I'll list some of the albums i've listened to so far this year that I have absolutely loved:

Japanese Breakfast - Jubilee

Kanye West - DONDA

$uicideboy$ - Long Term Effects of SUFFERING

Boldy James - Bo Jackson

Westside Gunn - Hitler Wears Hermes 8: Sincerely Adolf

Kero Kero Bonito - Civilisation

Woesum - Blue Summer

Playboi Carti - Whole Lotta Red

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - L.W.

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Butterfly 3000

James Blake - Friends That Break Your Heart

It's hard for me to remember anything else and it is really hard for me to choose a personal AOTY out of all of these. I'd trim it down to DONDA, Bo Jackson, Hitler Wears Hermes 8, Jubilee, and Civilisation but that's still a lot haha. I want to say Jubilee but at the same time, Bo Jackson was amazing. So was everything else I listed. I think I'm just gonna have to go with Jubilee.

i was just reminded about James Blake's new album that dropped last week. i know it only dropped last week but it was seriously spectacular. i'm going to change my AOTY from Jubilee to James Blake's album

bo jackson and hermes were good but I don't know if I'd say AOTY, but they're up there. Have you heard Manger on McNichols? That was another Boldy project that was AOTY contender for me from last year imo. also it looks like ima have to check out this $uicideboy$ album

also... adele anyone????

• Content Count:  971

12 hours ago, Reid99 said:

Uhh.... Deltarune's Chapter 2 soundtrack if that counts... like unironically.

s6dwt991zha71.png

I basically exclusively listen to rap and hip hop, and for me the two stand outs are Donda and King's Disease 2. Off Season had a lot of filler despite some pretty good songs, Life of a Don was wildly disappointing, and Call Me If You Get Lost was scattered and rarely saw Tyler take things to the next level like he did with his previous projects.

I had heard so much incredible stuff about the Little Simz album (some even saying it's To Pimp a Butterfly 2) and I thought it was pretty good, but much like how I feel about Blonde by Frank Ocean, I get why people really like it but not why people love it.

Supposedly these are the albums that are dropping this year that we've yet to get;

Travis Scott - UTOPIA

Juice WRLD - The Party Never Ends

Kendrick Lamar - ?????

Playboi Carti - NARCISSIST

Assuming these albums drop, I think Travis and Kendrick are gonna wipe the fucking floor, but we'll see.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1952

19 hours ago, miche said:

still on hold for arca and caroline polachek album hopefully this year 😄

mfw arca doesn't drop

ZUTOMAYO - Gusare

Kero Kero Bonito - Civilisation

Unless something bomb drops before next year, there weren't many favorites I got out of this year.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  562

UMMM HELLO???? YOU CALL YOURSELF RAP FANS AND MUSIC FANS BUT NOT ONE PMD (Pressure Makes Diamonds) FOR AOTY. JPRO of the most gifted artists of our generation has come out with fucking heat and all of you belligerent idiots will ignore the fact that JPRO who was a nobody at the start of 2021 is now the rightful owner of AOTY. 

As well as I think, VINCE STAPLES - Vince Staples was a good album 
Everyone somehow forgetting about, CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST - Tyler The Creator
Very underrated album, The House is Burning - Isaiah Rashad

Super What? - MF DOOM (don't forget the caps)
Obviously, Donda - Kanye
Hoping for the kdot drop.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  37

heres my list,...,/

brockhampton - road runner new light new machine

navy blue - navy's reprise ( please listen to it so fucking good))

tyler - cmiygl

westside gunn - hwh 8 side a & b

the alchemist - this thing of ours (its only 4 sogns but omgh sof ucjkign good im creamign_)))0

men i trust - untourable album (not aoty but its good :))) )))))

(the price of tea in china is better than bo jackson )

• Like 2

• Content Count:  409

its pretty hard to not say DONDA 

but I thought Happier Than Ever was pretty good too. I mean sure nothing really new or interesting was presented artistically, but Drake still tops charts putting out the same boring music every once in a while. At least Billie is hot

• Like 1

• Content Count:  820

On 10/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, Kopsta said:

1. By The Time I Get To Phoenix- Injury Reserve

2. DONDA- Kanye West

3. Call Me If You Get Lost- Tyler, The Creator

I hope Injury Reserve keeps making music, this album was really good.

Update: JPEGMAFIA’s new album LP! is prolly second for me now, gonna relisten to Injury Reserve soon though.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread