? servers

? players online

The Alters and Cheaters

• Content Count:  594

26 minutes ago, Jmc said:

What's all the talk with paying for alt accounts, can't you make them for free?

ye. takes like not even a minute.

prime account only is never gonna happen on base servers like TTT and JB, i know its been used on other servers before  and as a trial run in general but it was terrible because id say a little over more than half of our pop is non prime users. 

Honestly whether people alt or not they are obvious about it because they always have the same shitty playstyle and have probably not even 1 brain cell left to where they always get caught and tbh the new account blocker could be good cause the only way i really see a new account coming on is when its most likely someones alt or rare occasion someone whos only played community servers

Edited by Mikey.

• Content Count:  4441

CS:GO opened the floodgates going free to play, and there isn't a ton that SG could do about it. People can circumvent IP Bans using VPN's and can simply cheat on another account. I had originally suggested putting some # of hours type filter to avoid alternate accounts creating problems. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  345

On 12/27/2021 at 2:57 AM, Creten said:

Hey it's me, we are currently working on something to prevent people like wiz and Dalerjon who create alt accounts with the sole purpose of cheating or trolling from joining the server. We have a general idea of what we are looking for when it comes to blocking alternate accounts. I'll tell you that it isn't a VPN blocker, nothing more. It is being looked into and dealt with at the higher level. Most if not all alt accounts are played by people evading their bans, so they will be punished. DALERJON's ban was sort of unique compared to others. We treated him alting twice the first two times along with his week mute in Discord as 3 Bans and banned him according to the ban protocol. It is now increased to 6 months since he has managed to rack up 5+ bans.

We know that a good handful of people at our community commonly use VPNs, so we are going for solutions outside of VPN blockers. I'll leave this thread open for more questions I may not have answered, but other than that this should be pretty wrapped up. I'm not going to go into to much detail about it just yet.

is it possible to have a fresh-account blocker, like a set age an account has to be to play on SG servers, if they are making accounts just to join instantly

• Content Count:  565

1 hour ago, lorax said:

is it possible to have a fresh-account blocker, like a set age an account has to be to play on SG servers, if they are making accounts just to join instantly

It wont work as intended(jf it would work at all). These are persistent pieces of garbage that take a day of their time to screw with a community we're talking about. They will most likely wait that time, buy an account to use, or find some other type of loophole.

besides that I don't think it's wise to put up any type of blockade against fresh new players, especially servers struggling with pop.

Edited by Starlegendgod

• Content Count:  1559

13 minutes ago, Starlegendgod said:

It wont work as intended(jf it would work at all). These are persistent pieces of garbage take a day of their time to screw with a community we're talking about. They will most likely wait that time, buy an account to use, or find some other type of loophole.

besides that I don't think it's wise to put up any type of blockade against fresh new players, especially servers struggling with pop.

Correction, it is possible and it is being looked to.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2681

Probably should have closed this earlier, but we are working on a solution as I stated before. I won’t give away what we’re doing just so people don’t find ways around it so soon, but it should solve most alternate accounts joining the server. 

Cheers 

• Like 6

Reply to Thread