? servers

? players online

My Crippling Gambling Addiction (A Short Story)

• Content Count:  169

With each new paycheck after hours of work, I can’t stop thinking about it. The click of the key. The sound of the roll. That bright gold light flying into view. Oh my god. I’d do anything for it. Anything. 

After hours upon hours spent, the voice in the back of my head will always remind me why I am doing this to myself. It’ll be the next one. I opened that one wrong. One more wouldn’t hurt. I’ll earn it back.

Countless interventions. Medication. Therapy. I don’t need it, they’ll see who’s wrong after I win. It’s going to be the next one. This last one must have it.

Pain.

Regret.

Sadness.

My last $5. I’ve got nothing else to lose now. Oh my god. Oh my GOD. OH MY GOD.

spacer.png

Now I remember why I do it. 🥹😿

• Like 6

• Content Count:  2695

I have a little gambling problem. It's not that bad but sometimes I can't control it. I realized this when I found myself spending entire days playing SaltyBet. It isn't real money but I treated it like it was because the dopamine I would get from winning a $20k bet was awesome. I would spend the minute I wake up to the minute I would sleep playing it during the early days of COVID. It goes beyond SaltyBet though. Sometimes I'll get into CSGO playing swings. Usually once a year. I'll jokinkhy say I'm gonna open a case and then I end up buying a key and I don't get anything good so I buy 3 more keys going "it's just $10 who cares" and next thing I know I've spent $200 on keys. A couple months ago I started playing poker. I'm not great but I think in kinda good. I play with my friends every weekend and usually I bring home a good chunk of change but sometimes I lose quite a bit. I also love gambling on stupid shit on the stock market. Gambling to me is usually losing money and sometimes rarely I'll gain some or maybe even break even. I'm going to take a big gamble soon and start a little apparel business that I hope won't lose me money but it probably will. It'll be one of my smarter bets 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

3 minutes ago, John said:

I have a little gambling problem. It's not that bad but sometimes I can't control it. I realized this when I found myself spending entire days playing SaltyBet. It isn't real money but I treated it like it was because the dopamine I would get from winning a $20k bet was awesome. I would spend the minute I wake up to the minute I would sleep playing it during the early days of COVID. It goes beyond SaltyBet though. Sometimes I'll get into CSGO playing swings. Usually once a year. I'll jokinkhy say I'm gonna open a case and then I end up buying a key and I don't get anything good so I buy 3 more keys going "it's just $10 who cares" and next thing I know I've spent $200 on keys. A couple months ago I started playing poker. I'm not great but I think in kinda good. I play with my friends every weekend and usually I bring home a good chunk of change but sometimes I lose quite a bit. I also love gambling on stupid shit on the stock market. Gambling to me is usually losing money and sometimes rarely I'll gain some or maybe even break even. I'm going to take a big gamble soon and start a little apparel business that I hope won't lose me money but it probably will. It'll be one of my smarter bets 

Set aside a larger portion of money $50-$100 and call it an entertainment expense. You're spending this to have fun and framing it differently will keep you from sinking into something.

Using my college fund for these knife opening sprees. I'm always winning 😈

I think I'll use this knife to buy a proper video editing software 😎

• Like 1

• Content Count:  256

8 hours ago, Steel_ said:

With each new paycheck after hours of work, I can’t stop thinking about it. The click of the key. The sound of the roll. That bright gold light flying into view. Oh my god. I’d do anything for it. Anything. 

After hours upon hours spent, the voice in the back of my head will always remind me why I am doing this to myself. It’ll be the next one. I opened that one wrong. One more wouldn’t hurt. I’ll earn it back.

Countless interventions. Medication. Therapy. I don’t need it, they’ll see who’s wrong after I win. It’s going to be the next one. This last one must have it.

Pain.

Regret.

Sadness.

My last $5. I’ve got nothing else to lose now. Oh my god. Oh my GOD. OH MY GOD.

spacer.png

Now I remember why I do it. 🥹😿

Dw i have a intense gambling addiction, gambled 30 dollars up to 1200 and lost it all LMAO

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, janseen said:

Dw i have a intense gambling addiction, gambled 30 dollars up to 1200 and lost it all LMAO

I heard, I am very sorry for your loss janseen 😔

Reply to Thread