? servers

? players online

Mass Shootings, American Pride, Gun Laws...

• Content Count:  3150

13 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

You don't remember people saying Sandy Hook was staged/planned and every shooting since? How every shooter has been on psychoactives?

Oh yeah the Alex Jones thing at least. He still getting sued to this day for that 😄

On a serious note, I don't actually believe any of that garbage I just think it's funny 😐

So I should cancel my tinfoil hat order I sent out for you?

I do still think it's unethical to tell hundreds of thousands of children their suffering is a result of a brain defect and they need to permanently alter it's chemistry rather than just admitting it's a rational outcome of living in inhuman conditions. Make a thread of it grinds your gears that hard.

Kids on meds is a harder convo forreal. No need to make a thread on it.

• Content Count:  3740

What's deeply unsettling in all of this is that this is not the first time that US mass shootings and school shootings have been brought up in discussion in this community, just like it's far from the first time it's been debated in mainstream US culture.  Yet, every time it's always the same predictable shit:  tragedy, outrage, discourse, gridlock, forget, move on, tragedy again, rinse repeat.  It's fucking sickening, and all it takes is 2 weeks before the latest high-profile school shooting is already out of the media feed (referring to Uvalde) despite this being an incredibly unique US problem.

And in this seemingly endless loop of violence in US schools, we still to this day, stand complicit.  A country like France would have burned shit to the ground if a Uvalde took place in their country.  Yet the US just shrugs its fucking shoulders, just like it has done time and time again after countless mass shootings and school shootings, and nothing happens.  What a fucking joke.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

7 hours ago, Wawa said:

What's deeply unsettling in all of this is that this is not the first time that US mass shootings and school shootings have been brought up in discussion in this community, just like it's far from the first time it's been debated in mainstream US culture.  Yet, every time it's always the same predictable shit:  tragedy, outrage, discourse, gridlock, forget, move on, tragedy again, rinse repeat.  It's fucking sickening, and all it takes is 2 weeks before the latest high-profile school shooting is already out of the media feed (referring to Uvalde) despite this being an incredibly unique US problem.

And in this seemingly endless loop of violence in US schools, we still to this day, stand complicit.  A country like France would have burned shit to the ground if a Uvalde took place in their country.  Yet the US just shrugs its fucking shoulders, just like it has done time and time again after countless mass shootings and school shootings, and nothing happens.  What a fucking joke.

This comes off as very vague and dismissive. What's the cause of who is to blame for this phenomenon? What can people who might be inclined to sympathize with you do to incite actual change? Or are you just sperging about democracy functioning as intended lol

• Content Count:  3740

2 hours ago, Gentoo said:

What can people who might be inclined to sympathize with you do to incite actual change? Or are you just sperging about democracy functioning as intended lol

We can organize, what we can't do anymore is just sit on the sidelines and 'hopes and prayers' for better results--that is insanity.  It's not like measures are actually being partaken to curb these results--do SOMETHING.  A simple solution, for example in the scenarios of both the Buffalo and Uvalde shootings, would be to raise the legal age of purchasing a firearm from 18 to 25.  Reason being, studies show the frontal lobe of your brain is still developing well into your 20s.  Again, even if we don't do that, at least do SOMETHING.

Edited by Wawa

Since the country is still talking about this as we are, wanted to post this and hear opinions. While yes some of what he says is definitely an appeal to emotions...he also isn't a politician so his motives aren't corrupt and he is allowed to be emotional. He is also spot on in a lot of what was said:

I found this clip that best summarizes what I find to be the important bits:

https://news.yahoo.com/matthew-mc-conaughey-makes-powerful-appeal-for-gun-control-at-white-house-192942920.html

(Couldn't hyperlink this part of video oh well)

1 hour ago, Wawa said:

We can organize, what we can't do anymore is just sit on the sidelines and 'hopes and prayers' for better results--that is insanity.  It's not like measures are actually being partaken to curb these results--do SOMETHING.  A simple solution, for example in the scenarios of both the Buffalo and Uvalde shootings, would be to raise the legal age of purchasing a firearm from 18 to 25.  Reason being, studies show the frontal lobe of your brain is still developing well into your 20s.  Again, even if we don't do that, at least do SOMETHING.

Alright, I'm listening, but what are YOU doing differently from what's been done for the last 20 years. We've had marches, bills proposed, debates, discussions, we've voted many times. Are you simply proposing that the politicians we voted for have done nothing and we should keep talking about it until they eventually decide to pass something?

1 hour ago, BoM said:

Since the country is still talking about this as we are, wanted to post this and hear opinions. While yes some of what he says is definitely an appeal to emotions...he also isn't a politician so his motives aren't corrupt and he is allowed to be emotional. He is also spot on in a lot of what was said:

I found this clip that best summarizes what I find to be the important bits:

https://news.yahoo.com/matthew-mc-conaughey-makes-powerful-appeal-for-gun-control-at-white-house-192942920.html

(Couldn't hyperlink this part of video oh well)

Alright I listened to the whole thing. It's all emotion and appeal to authority. The only part you could draw from it as somewhat meaningful is just him saying is we need x x x I support, it's reasonable, everyone agrees, America!

What's supposed to be the point of takeaway from this?

2 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Finally... these courageous Texan politicians are passing serious legislation to keep our kids safe 💪😤

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Finally... these courageous Texan politicians are passing serious legislation to keep our kids safe 💪😤

spacer.png

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drag-queen-library-convicted/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/milwaukee-brett-blomme-arrested-drag-queen-story-hour-sponsor.amp

Amen brother 🙏🙏

28 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

Oh so we are reacting on something based on one instance?

Cool lets get stricter gun laws based on many instances. Thanks.

Owned.

2 minutes ago, BoM said:

Oh so we are reacting on something based on one instance?

Cool lets get stricter gun laws based on many instances. Thanks.

Owned.

What do you think motivates a grown man to dress up as a voluptuous woman in front of a bunch of children.

Also guns are already banned in schools you silly goose 

Reply to Thread