? servers

? players online

Separate Server Subforums

• Content Count:  819

@Revenga @Dominic I like the idea of separating the csgo servers but only for the big three servers. We just cleared a bunch of clutter to make more? Doesn't really make sense to me. But we could give it a shot and always revert if it doesn't work out as intended.

Discord for discussion has yielded better results for us in the past and it's very easy to use. I wouldn't mind showing you both when I have some free time. 

• Content Count:  903

4 hours ago, Hawks said:

Discord for discussion has yielded better results for us in the past and it's very easy to use.

Discord for initial discussion, yes. 100%

Once an idea has brought forth further planning or discussion after a next step is taken. “Official” discussion should be done on the forums imo. 
The forums are better for keeping track of records, discussion and is a better format for proper discussions/planning.

• Content Count:  4441

People who try to replace a forum/website with a Discord server need to be slapped in the mouth. Unless you're one of these huge weird Discord servers that exists only for people to join in mass quantity it never works. There's a lot you can do with a Discord server, but there's nothing special about Discord when everyone can make one and people like the control to just have their own. That is why Discord is popular, it is NOT because it just enables people to have communities or run them as an extension of their business.  

Enhancing a Discord server with bots in a meaningful non-ridiculous way similar to how call admin was utilized is good, once you start going beyond that I question whether the person is somehow deluded themselves into thinking they're gonna kit their Discord server out in a way that matters. It's the type of over the top bullshit people try to sell as if it's going to make a difference to any user. 

This forum software is ridiculously easy to use and has a pretty large body of plugins already made for it which cuts out a lot of the work of starting from scratch. There's no reason to try to pursue Discord at the cost of the Forums whatsoever or compare the two. Discord is used for people to talk to each other while they game, and to sometimes stream to each other (I give it that, it's a good feature). That is all it is and no matter how many new features they add that is all it will ever be. 

Reply to Thread