? servers

? players online

POP/HIPHOP DYING?

• Content Count:  6712

Rock in its early days was wayyy better than the stuff that comes out now. Queen, The Doors, Deep Purple, The Who, Black Sabbath, The Clash, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Pink floyd, Ramones, Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy (and even more i cba to name).

Hasn't been a big UK rap/hiphop scene for a while now, RnB is much bigger over here, and pop is making a comeback.

In the Uk its the indie scene which is overloaded with identikit bands and is due for a sharp decline. Dance/Electropop is on the rise though :)

;/

I don't mind some older bands.....Queen are great but the others get boring for me, far too much emphasis on long boring guitar solo's.

Now you have some identical Indie bands I admit, but then you get lots of great bands, and the catchy tunes make lots of them different.

e.g.

[YOUTUBE]bIEOZCcaXzE[/YOUTUBE]

Do admit that I usually prefer bands that are above Indie, because usually Indie bands have one or two good songs, and it's catchy but not quality. So my favourite kind of song is a mix of rock and indie/pop, good instrumentals, but not so overboard that its boring, whilst also having memorable lyrics.

e.g.

[YOUTUBE]PaV5UCMsW-8[/YOUTUBE]

But Pop/Hiphop are pretty similiar. I'd say that there's still a few good artists out there, not really any less than there has been, but I hope the idiots who ruin rap/hiphop die (although most rap artists are idiots generally).

Jaffa on the subject of dance/electropop, I'd say not really. You have some people who break into the mainstream charts (Mainly Calvin Harris) but usually it's just a few songs now and then (Infinity etc). I wouldn't say that it's going to really get any bigger right now.

Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  269

the only rap i like is eminem and seriously.. his new cd in my opinion is rather good.. best white rapper out there in my opinion.. i have yet to see someone actually top him. i honestly think if he tried instead of rapping about random stuff then he would be excellent. but thats just eminem and his style.. and u know what.. it is still rather good lol =D

• Content Count:  2678

hip hops been dead for awhile once the south started to put out pop/dance music Example

lil wayne

soulja boy

people from the south in general

rap should have stayed where it started N.Y.

• Content Count:  3380

hip hops been dead for awhile once the south started to put out pop/dance music Example

lil wayne

soulja boy

people from the south in general

rap should have stayed where it started N.Y.

True. I want to shoot soulja boy he sucks. I cant believe people think of him as an actual artist.

• Content Count:  4360

Soulja Boy is a very good example of the decline of hip hop/rap, with his school yard rhymes and 4 word "raps" if you would even call them that. Happily i have seen less and less people listening to his music, real rappers are like Nyle; look him up on youtube he is a true rapper. Anyway alternative has been releasing some good hits lately, Punk goes Crunk was a cover of once popular songs and was pretty sweet cover.

Reply to Thread