? servers

? players online

POP/HIPHOP DYING?

• Content Count:  457

Oh don't get me started... Oh what? Yea you already did.

Mainstream rap is fucked. I turn on the radio and I hear... "Watch me YOUUUU Crank dat Soulja Boy." "SO BABY KISS ME THRU THE PHONE!" "You spin my head right round right round when ya go down, when ya go down down." "Sh Sh She lick me like a lollipop." or my favorite... "LEMME GET DAT BOOM BOOM BOOM." If your going to say hip-hop is dead then by all means do it. Because it is. Hip-hop is a form of rap music generated in the 21st century by "pop-hop" artists such as Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy, and Flo Rida. The genre of pop-hop or dance-hop is always confused with true rap music. Anything played on radio stations that play Lady GaGa, Brittany Spears, Jonas Brothers is NOT rap music anymore. We got a radio station in Chicago B96.3, they're slogan is "the hottest in rap and r&b music". They play Brittany Spears and Lady GaGa they have officially fallen off. The only true radio stations are TRUE stations. YouTube and MySpace have officially killed hip-hop. Anyone can get a record deal now. Look at how Soulja Boy got his label, he posted videos on YouTube and got found by Mr. Collipark. (Figures Collipark sucks.) Next thing you know this dude will get a record deal...

n9NHiGM5ofs

NOW... I was having this conversation with this girl earlier I'm so sick of people asking me why I like rap. "It's all about drugs, bitches, killing people, and money." Fuck you. Yes mainstream is completely fucked now. But if your like me you know that rap is living LARGE. (Noo I'm not talking about Ross.) I'm talking that the underground has blown the fuck up since mainstream has fallen off. You got four AMAZING MC's (NOT RAPPERS) who formed the godly group of Slaughterhouse... I gotta say ever since Pac was shot down underground has been on the uprising. We got Royce Da 5'9" (my personal fav), Tech N9ne, Stat Quo, AZ, Method Man, Redman, Doom (aka MC Doom, Viktor Vaughn, King Geedorah and a bunch of other names), Ya Boy. Most unsigned artists actually have the potential to be the next Pac. But they get money and that's all they care about. As Joe Budden said "Ask me about swag, Imma change the topic to lyrics then brag and look at you like a fag". Oh but don't believe me. I've only been listening to rap music forever.

And for all the rap haters. Listen to this REAL rap.

YuoUr7qPfZM

Cu6mAZmiE3g

QxcORULK-zM

Uu8d8bXxwDQ

v31wqRLN-iU

This two aren't underground, but still decent.

rXpEtXSGv-g

pe_O3X0R9e8

"All the Above" is my current favorite song, lyrics go hard. Same with "Overtime" love the lyrics. They both are basically what I feel everyday.

RIP EAZY-E

RIP 2PAC

RIP BIGGIE

RIP PIMP C

RIP PROOF

RIP SOULJA SLIM

RIP DOLLA - May 18, 2009 - WE AIN'T GONNA FORGET!

Oh and one more thing...

IT'S THE KINNNNG.

Edited by Xtrm

• Content Count:  11501

QxcORULK-zM

Easily one of the greatest "newer" rap singles to come out. This song's rhymes blew me away.

We have some similar tastes. I love most of the guys you mentioned, not many people know who Royce da 5'9" or Z-Ro are.

RIP EAZY-E

RIP 2PAC

RIP BIGGIE

RIP PIMP C

RIP O.D.B.

RIP PROOF

RIP SOULJA SLIM

RIP DOLLA - May 18, 2009 - WE AIN'T GONNA FORGET!

Fixed

Easily one of the greatest "newer" rap singles to come out. This song's rhymes blew me away.

We have some similar tastes. I love most of the guys you mentioned, not many people know who Royce da 5'9" or Z-Ro are.

Fixed

Never heard of O.D.B.

Royce is a god in underground. His flow and metaphors are uncompareable. First song I heard about him was "Taxi Driver" and I couldn't believe how he compared two taxi passengers, to Pac and B.I.G., to hip and hop. I heard it and I was just like... :clap: :hail:!

i hope you get aids for saying that

4ITLNzPoEqs

best song ever

If you would have just said Ol' Dirty Bastard I would have known who you were talking about. I've never heard O.D.B. acronym.

Reply to Thread