jZ_Y3GulpCw

yM9I99nf_EQ

1D-paZZAR7k

ZErwE29v7ss

jI7_U6dazxw

GG10xE1hbXI

2o8UgIgI8BU

sFxfoM3b6jQ

Tell me Hip hop is dying. All genres go through that "time" when it seems like it's dying, but it really isn't. It's just changing. Look at Rock in its early days, compared to now for example. Nas is just saying that because Lil Wayne (Shit magnet) and Soulja boy are around and Tupac and Biggie aren't. He's used to the last generation of Hip hop. DMX moved on, Dr. Dre moved on, Snoop Dogg moved on. He's used to East vs West. That's dead now.

Edited by Coffee Crisp

• Content Count:  3380

Im not saying those artists are bad Eminem is one of those rappers out that is great, but im saying theres a lot of crappy, indentical hip hop/rappers.

Edited by Bad Dog

• Content Count:  4263

Rock in its early days was wayyy better than the stuff that comes out now. Queen, The Doors, Deep Purple, The Who, Black Sabbath, The Clash, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Pink floyd, Ramones, Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy (and even more i cba to name).

• Content Count:  1839

You know what pop music stands for? Okay, I think we will do a facepalm for you then..

Pop music, as in popular music, started because of genres going, what people tend to call, mainstream.. It has since the 90's been seen as a genre in its own, but none the less, it is still the word counting for the mainstream music.. The last couple of years, the mainstream music has been hiphop and rap - therefor; hiphop & rap = pop music (AS WELL!!)..

There were times where you had to have just SOME sort of TALENT to break through in the music business, but as times passed by, more dollars flew under the bridge and instead of being an art, music (and in particular pop, poprock, rap and hiphop) became a money machine..

Of course, musicians (as well as writers, actors, painters, etc) should have money for their work so they can survive, IF THEY ARE GOOD ENOUGH! The good ones will earn more than the not so effective/lucky/skilled ones - you see that in every business.. If you do better than the rest of the people in the banking world, you might some day become the boss and earn the big cash! And why is that? Because YOU are better at certain jobs than everyone else (YEH, GO CAPITALISM, BURN COMMUNISM!)..

The thing is, the music business evolved into, well, really - the same! We, as consumers, didnt put as high needs for new and colorful music as we'd done before.. We were also controlled by big medias like MTV and various big music companies to LISTEN to the music THEY chose! Because of that, our big interest in getting to know new kinds of music and new genres..

Can we be honest here, please? How similiar are the different kinds of popmusic we hear today? Lil Wayne, black rapper, 50 Cent, another black rapper, Lady Gaga, FloRida, Timberlake, Timbaland, Lily Allen, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, SoulJa Boy, NeYo, Rihanna - and the list goes on.. With the big glasses on - how different are those from each other??

not sure why the fuck you made this post directed at me. Yes i know that pop music is for all "popular music" and yes, I know bands in the 90s destroyed mainstream music as we know it. I just never equate pop with rap etc, not because I dont like it (i like some), but because there's just ALOT more that is nothing like rap that is mainstream.

I'm the odd man out with this opinion probably, but i just am bothered to hear "50 cet.. Florida... Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears...etc" in the same sentence not to mention all of the ones i listed from your list suck major ass. timbaland however, thats a good artist - even better producer.

• Content Count:  2186

not sure why the fuck you made this post directed at me. Yes i know that pop music is for all "popular music" and yes, I know bands in the 90s destroyed mainstream music as we know it. I just never equate pop with rap etc, not because I dont like it (i like some), but because there's just ALOT more that is nothing like rap that is mainstream.

I'm the odd man out with this opinion probably, but i just am bothered to hear "50 cet.. Florida... Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears...etc" in the same sentence not to mention all of the ones i listed from your list suck major ass. timbaland however, thats a good artist - even better producer.

If it was directed 100% at you, I would've sent a PM..

Timbaland is an awesome, producer, no doubt about it! But is he in as an artist to say "EH, EH EH EEEH!" or is he in it for the money?

And Jaffa, thats really each owns opinion.. I could say the quite opposite really :p

• Content Count:  11501

I love rap, it really sucks to see people like Lil' Wayne and Soulja Boy fucking it up.

Eminem's Relapse will hopefully put some hope back into the rap genre.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3380

I love rap, it really sucks to see people like Lil' Wayne and Soulja Boy fucking it up.

Eminem's Relapse will hopefully put some hope back into the rap genre.

totally true. And as for rock now a days IMO its dead. There is alternative, which i love dont get me wrong. And there is metal, which I also love. But ROCK, good old fashioned ROCK and ROLL, such as Jimi Hendrix The Who and all of them, is just gone. There are no other artists even attempting thier kind of music its all alt. or metal or some other genre im unaware of. Ska is kinda like original rock, in a way. But real Rock and Roll is gone in my eyes. I just pity I wasnt around for its golden ages. :'(

Reply to Thread