? servers

? players online

NFL Week 6

• Content Count:  1070

Im saying Denver is a good team because, when they need to make plays, or stop an offence they do. Denver wins all these close games because, their defence hasn't allowed any points in the 4th quarter, giving the offence an opportunity to win, which they have do and now are 6-0. Denver's offence is very under rated in my opinion, they are ranked 9th in the league right now, Kyle Orton has thrown 9 TDs and just 1 INT (Which was a hail mary pass at the end of the 1st half), not only has Denver not been turning over the ball, but the rushing duo of Moreno and Buckhalter are ranked 6th in the league. Denver is an elite team.

Edited by Eskomo

• Content Count:  4473

Im saying Denver is an elite team because, when they need to make plays, or stop an offence they do. Denver wins all these close games because, their defence hasn't allowed any points in the 4th quarter, giving the offence an opportunity to win, which they have do and now are 6-0. Denver's offence is very under rated in my opinion, they are ranked 9th in the league right now, Kyle Orton has thrown 9 TDs and just 1 INT (Which was a hail mary pass at the end of the 1st half), not only has Denver not been turning over the ball, but the rushing duo of Moreno and Buckhalter are ranked 6th in the league. Denver is an elite team.

And who have they been playing?

By not doing anything extraordinary, how can they be an elite team? Elite teams can win super bowls, but to win one, you have to get there. To get there, you have to beat other elite teams along the way. Can you say the Broncos can stop the Saints or the Colts?

They can stay in the game and win if need be, but that style of gameplay doesn't cut it when you start to play teams that make even good teams look silly. Good teams can make it to the playoffs, but they can't make it to the big game.

When that offense needs to come up big against a good defense, they are ill suited to deliver. If they play a game that relies on their offense to outscore their opponents, it isn't going to happen unless you play some teams in your division. Your defense may keep you in certain games, but when you play against elite teams with superb offenses, your offense needs to win the game before the 4th quarter because the other team's offense will continue to roll through most of the time.

You also continue to ignore that miraculous play at the end of the Bengals game. Your defense definitely won that game for you....not a lucky deflection of the ball. Play teams that have a good offense and defense (elite teams) and see how silly you look.

because broncos will win the superbowl this year but next year its the lions turn so yeah

The only way they will win is if half the league decides to exit the NFL.

• Content Count:  2417

You guys aren't up in the elite this year, but It's just letting Brady warm up on the shitty teams. It was luck that they won, but a win is a win. And Last nights game showed some of Denver's skill. They are doing a hell of a lot better without Cutler and Shanahan. Orton was playing one hell of a game last night.

I never said we were up in the elite. You still have to consider that this is Brady's first season since surgery.

• Content Count:  1824

I never said we were up in the elite. You still have to consider that this is Brady's first season since surgery.

Yeah, he's getting up there, he'll be up to his normal speed here in a month or so. But until then they won't be an elite team for this year.

• Content Count:  1070

And who have they been playing?

Who have the Colts been playing? How can you say the Colts are an elite team, if they haven't played any good teams (which you have criticized Denver on many times). I agree with you on the Saints though, they are #1 in the league for sure, but I see the Colts, Broncos, Minnesota, and the Giants right under them, and the order of those teams is up for grabs.

Play teams that have a good offense and defense (elite teams) and see how silly you look.

The Patriots have an excellent offense (4th in the League) and a very good defense (6th in the League). I don't think Denver looked very silly in that game at all.

And, that play at the end of the CINN game, elite teams find ways to win games even when it seems impossible, which is exactly what Denver did, yes it was lucky but it's not like that shouldn't count as a win because they had one lucky play.

• Content Count:  4473

Who have the Colts been playing? How can you say the Colts are an elite team, if they haven't played any good teams (which you have criticized Denver on many times). I agree with you on the Saints though, they are #1 in the league for sure, but I see the Colts, Broncos, Minnesota, and the Giants right under them, and the order of those teams is up for grabs.

The Colts have won all their games in convincing fashion (except for Miami, which is just some Wildcat crap). Peyton Manning is constantly showing why he can contend for MVP status and lead his team. Their defense is good, but with an amazing QB in Manning, their team is elite.

Denver Hasn't played good teams and it also doesn't any serious firepower in the offense. If they did, then they would be considered an elite team at this point because they wouldn't be just getting by certain teams.

The difference is Manning brings over the top talent to the team while nobody can do the same for the Broncos.

The Patriots have an excellent offense (4th in the League) and a very good defense (6th in the League). I don't think Denver looked very silly in that game at all.

You are basing that on stats that have been SEVERELY padded by their win over Tennessee. Brady wasn't back to form when he played Denver and their defense was mediocre at best. Currently, their defense still is mediocre, but Brady is getting better. The Patriots are not an elite team until Brady can bring his A game along with the defense against good teams.

And, that play at the end of the CINN game, elite teams find ways to win games even when it seems impossible, which is exactly what Denver did, yes it was lucky but it's not like that shouldn't count as a win because they had one lucky play.

Denver didn't find a way to win; the win fell into their lap. An elite team would have not had to deal with a 4th quarter comeback against those Bengals and at least not rely on a fluke play to win the game. I'm not saying it shouldn't count as a win, but when you go touting your 6-0 record, understand Denver won some games not due to their skill but by luck and poor play by other teams. If Denver wants to be elite, then they need to play like it against a good team. I have seen plenty of better teams get to 6-0 (and beyond), but they wind up fizzling against better teams or down the stretch. The Broncos will not end their season with the same success as in the beginning. End of discussion.

Reply to Thread