? servers

? players online

I understand.

• Content Count:  1257

The best direction my ass. You can do all you want to try and make yourself feel alright for fucking us all over, but there is honestly nothing you can say that will show us you didnt.

When you put up posts on domain selling forums at the start of this month saying you are selling steam-gamers.net for $5000, that its a great domain name for anything concerning Steam, it is obvious you are fucking us in the ass.

Let alone that you sold the game to someone that dosent even play the game this community was built upon and around.

It really upsets me Garf, I was starting to see you as a friend, had high hopes that you would carry SG on and help it grow, but now I see that was not the case...

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1484

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who is a part of this community.

It's great to see the determination of people, the way people can just connect these days. We make so many friends online or offline. It's amazing that we can connect instantly, and make so many friends though any sort of communication.

SteamGamers is a great example of this, I have no doubt many people have met some great friends on here, if they like to admit or or not.

It amazes me everyday that people are constantly meeting new people, making friends, communicating, learning new things about peoples lives and way of living all over the internet.

I can truly say that I've made better friends on here than I have in real life. It's the truth and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Everyone has their arguments, their banters, disagreements. I'm no stranger to that. I've had my fair share, but running a community, keeping people happy is not the easiest thing in the world.

I've made big mistakes in my life, online and offline. I've been successful but at the same time I've gone though hard times and failed. I've regretted things I've done, I've celebrated things I've done. If you put your mind to something, you will always achieve it.

I've been sorry for things I've said, and not so sorry for other things I've done. Like all of us, mistakes are easily made. But it's the way you handle them and bounce back from them.

Haggard could of never continued this community without the support from all the players. Nor will I ever be able to continue this community without the support from all of you. All the people who care for this community, all the people who cherish this place. It's my thanks to you from my heart to say that I appreciate everything that's happened so far.

I'm sorry to all the people I've hurt in life. I'm sure you're all sorry for all the people you've hurt. but hurt just strengthens you for the next hurdle.

I'm sorry to the people who don't agree with decisions I make, I'm sorry to people who've stopped enjoying the community because of a change I/we have made. I'm sorry to the people who've not been able to accept a change or alteration for a day or 2.

I can try to explain all my actions, or I can just let it be. Does it matter what happens in the past? or what happens in the future? Does a good leader lead, or decide?

A million thanks to everyone who've been loyal to this community, and a good luck to everyone who's parted and started to explore life. People who've gone to start their own communities, people who've been banned. This is what shapes life and this is what has made SteamGamers.com

People can say what they want, or can judge this thread however they like. Good or bad, this is from my heart, and my heart only. Need be or need not said, we all need each other at one time or another.

I'm the way I am, and you're all the way you are. I will always try my best to make everyone happy. I will always try my best to make this community entertaining for the users. Regardless of what I've said in the past, we're not the best gaming community, nor will we ever be. We're the community we want to be, our community. Not the best, nor the worst. Just us, steamgamers.

In years to come people move on, people will start out in life, people may remember the fun years/months/days/hours they had in SG, others may forget. In 50 years from now SteamGamers will be long gone, but never forget the fun you had.

I again express my thanks to all the players of SteamGamers.com

Garf

Haha.

• Like 8
Edited by P3rg3

• Content Count:  1765

Lmao, this is honestly funny.

I know you expect people to feel sympathetic towards you but that will probably never happen. The public (as in anyone under CA) never openly critizised you and if they knew about what you did (or did not do in many cases) I'm sure your goodbyes would have been seen much earlier.

It's with great relief, but great regret that I have sold SteamGamers.com

Seeing as you said relief first its not hard to determine where your loyalties are.

I've owned SteamGamers I've not once profited off it, how can I? All donations are recorded and I don't run ads.

How can I eh? Thats real cryptic, did you want to make money off of us rather than actually run the community. But wait theres more,

I only bought SteamGamers so Haggard wouldn't give it away

I've owned SteamGamers I've not once profited off it, how can I?

No.

Yes, this is harsh but you have to realize we haven't changed since Haggard left, you even said yourself the community's population has barely changed. Why is that? You concern yourself to much with useless bullshit like twitter, FB, recruitment team, playerscentral, etc. None of those projects had any thought behind them besides, LETS GET OUR NAME OUT THERE. Your working with the wrong medium here, this is a gaming community. Social networking is fine, but when you make it an effort over learning about server maintenence or even playing on the servers you own, its shows a lack of commitment.

All this forum bullshit about buying out, resignations, mutinies and etc is quite frankly sickening. I jumped on the amit/charles ship because I think they have what it takes to actually do something more with SG, not everyone sees it this way apparently. But the way you made your exit and introducced this to us is far from convienence on your behalf. If you really wanted it to go well, you should have consulted the community itself, rather than your bank account.

• Like 6

Reply to Thread