? servers

? players online

What say you?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• Hell yeah! Why hasn't anyone brought this up in years?
    • No, I bought my sexy colored name and so should you!
    • Fuck it, change everything back to ZombieMurder!
    • :trollsm:

Brilliant Idea

• Content Count:  4798

1.) Garfield opposed it, so logic dictates it was probably a good thing.

2.) Some people would get offended by an "Oldfag" title.

3.) Irish, the Account Admin, does not look good in purple.

4.) A promotion title for people who don't want to admin the servers or pay for it.

5.) Doctor's say it increases your e-penis. I say that effect should be free, not dictated by donations.

6.) The only way you could "troll" and get away with it without having the ability to remove your own ban.

7.) I was promised a magical telepathic ability to detect The Fail in the Escape server with it. I never got it and I demand satisfaction.

8.) It was "OSSIM!"

It worked!

Fair enough . However these should be the ways to get Hon .

1) At least 200 dollars donated.

2) Have been SA previously for more than 2 years

3) Awarded by the Board of Directors for outstanding contribution to the community .

tl: dr Actually have to contribute to the community.

Inb4 everyones dreams crushed by AO+

Edited by SilentGuns

• Content Count:  3440

The problem with the HG title was that there were very few of us that held that title that were actually "Honorable" which very much defeated the point.

I'd be fine with HG coming back as long as it wasn't just for time/post count like it used to be. It needs to be reflective of the type of community member, not the time they've been here or how many spam posts they have.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3056

2+ years and 750+ posts if brought back? Would remove most of the post-spamming kids.

But idk, think it was removed not long before I would've gotten it, though I don't really remember the Hons as terrible trolls or such, at least not all of them. Revokable just like the mem/reg tag in admin section if added back?

Edit: Not quite sure how much sense that made after reading it again after I posted.. oh well, fingers crossed.

• Content Count:  4473

Sup

So, I finally got bored enough to come back to SG and I figured I'd try an HG revival out of left field. It's really been my plan all along to bring back the purple.

There shouldn't be criteria involving money donated or years of service related to being an admin. There are already admin promotion ranks and it shouldn't be a glorified or "Super" supporter position. It should be up to the CE's or above to dish it out based on length of participation and actual worth to the community. I don't think any criteria should consist of definite numbers of posts or dollars, just that those deciding have a ballpark idea as to what is considered an HG.

Besides, if we have posts or dollars deciding the rank, you'll just get the inevitable bitching about how so and so have gotten the requirements done and are mad that they aren't HG yet. If the criteria is being a valued member of the community rather than posts/money, members' goals are not going to be to post/donate to be HG. Its sort of a reward, not an application like you would fill out with being an admin or member.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4960

Idea for HG Requirements:

-Make it a rank that can be achieved without having to pay for it.

-3 years in SteamGamers.

-2,000+ posts (cannot be achieved in a month.. inb4 "Challenge Accepted").

-Ingame minimum 100 hours of gameplay on Steamgamers servers (if you can check this.. maybe trough store idk).

-Free for Italian Jew.

Don't make it SA+.. You guys get all the good stuff :(

• Content Count:  3401

Idea for HG Requirements:

-Make it a rank that can be achieved without having to pay for it.

-3 years in SteamGamers.

-2,000+ posts (cannot be achieved in a month.. inb4 "Challenge Accepted").

-Ingame minimum 100 hours of gameplay on Steamgamers servers (if you can check this.. maybe trough store idk).

-Free for Italian Jew.

Don't make it SA+.. You guys get all the good stuff :(

You can check hours in the stats section for the servers (tells you time in days) but not every server is listed

and did you just list the requirements you already passed? lol

• Content Count:  1802

If the criteria is being a valued member of the community rather than posts/money,

So you are saying you are value to community by staying far away from us?

I have a feeling this is not the first time you come up with this "idea". You just want some regognition for registering on the forums long time ago, why? why do you want to impress newer guys?

Edited by Repus

Reply to Thread