? servers

? players online

Get a Morbus server?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Get a Morbus server?

Replace Stronghold/Cinema with Morbus

• Content Count:  954

I'm not saying it wouldn't work for sure, I'm saying there is no point in having TTT with this, as they're ESSENTIALLY the same game mode concept.

Eh, it's kind of one of those that it's hard to explain why it's so different from TTT. While I agree it's based on the same concept of betrayal and deception, it sets itself apart far enough to not be a clone and maybe work alongside our TTT server

• Content Count:  11501

Wishful thinking. Sorry, but it's close enough to not have a point in both, as one will thrive and one will die.

It would be like having a hosties server...it's essentially an offset of PB.

• Content Count:  2947

they are essentially the same style game mode.

but with many differences that change the whole game. You have to play to understand this is just basics, honestly stronghold is just sitting there we may as a well try to get some use.

-_-

You guys are getting assinine. I have played it. I'm not saying they are literally the same exact gamemod. I'm saying they're similar enough that one of them would not survive while the other thrived. You can say "oh but it has this and this instead", but it's just arguing for literally no reason at all, because you can say they're "so different" until you're blue in the face, but the point I'm gettin at is that they have the same overall concept.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2947

Sorry caution regardless of what you said I get that it has its similarities or its the same concept I still think we shud try it. Stronghold is just there why not remove stronghold then if its not populated.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2075

There is literally no regular TTT population, the game aspects are radically differing from one another. Comparing them as the same product wrapped in a different skin is wrong. The basic premise is similar but they begin to differ from there.

• Content Count:  522

There is literally no regular TTT population, the game aspects are radically differing from one another. Comparing them as the same product wrapped in a different skin is wrong. The basic premise is similar but they begin to differ from there.

This.

TTT is either dead or full of RDMer's, which then kill all of the population because someone's traitor round was ruined.

And almost no one joins when invited or said in the chatbox to get on TTT.

I think we should try it because after having played it for a while I really do like it, and since there is no TTT population it wouldn't be fighting it for any.

• Like 1

They are NOT the same exact game. Yes, awesome, gold star.

They DO have the same general, overall concept to the point that one server will thrive while the other does not.

Comparing them as the same product wrapped in a different skin is wrong. The basic premise is similar but they begin to differ from there.

This is a contradiction in itself, because the basic premise would be the "skin", whereas the details that make it different would be the "product". I don't even understand how you guys can post "They're so different" that they can't even be compared. That's bullshit, it would be almost virtually like trying to run a hosties server side-by-side with a PB server. Or a VIP Escape alongside a regular Escape. Population IS going to be diverted.

This one is going to be up to Spartan, since he's the one who has dedicated so much time into TTT. I just saw him working on it and people there the other day, so I'm not particularly in favor for this server.

Edited by Caution

• Content Count:  3791

Caution does have a good point guys. Yes, the gamemode is a little different in the aspect that you get to pick to either be an alien, or human. But the concept is exactly the same. If we did happen to get this server up and running, it would probably take all the population of TTT for around a month, and then die off. To be honest folks, until the population of SG increases ten fold, any new server is just going to take the population off of others.

I know i've suggested a few servers in the past, so don't see me as contradicting myself, my whole view has just changed. This gamemode does look like fun, but it won't last for long. TTT is out first baby when it comes to gmod, nothing will ever stand up to it (Forgive my crude figure of speech)

Reply to Thread