? servers

? players online

Get a Morbus server?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Get a Morbus server?

Replace Stronghold/Cinema with Morbus

• Content Count:  2103

Yes I am specifically targeting you here out of all people.

Edit: Also you were on the server twice for the period of the whole month (maybe even more than that?), grats.

When you posted that, there were only 3 no votes, and I am literally the only person that said "I want to keep TTT alive, so dont get Morbus", not "Morbus would destroy TTT, so we only need one of them."

SO yet again, think before you post. And yes, a few times in the past month, because I was on vacation for 2 weeks of the past month and then TTT was getting fixed when I came back. And then steam sales started and I have been a little distracted from CSS/GMod

Edited by Octa

• Content Count:  3791

When it comes down to it, the gmod servers aren't doing very well with popularity. If we get another server, or change the gamemode on a current one, it will put further back our attempts to try and increase the playerbase on TTT. I still think Caution is right, this just isn't the time to request a new server. Lets just wait a couple of months and try and help TTT, when it gets a good playerbase that returns on a regular basis, then maybe Morbus should be requested again.

Just calm down and think about this logically.

• Content Count:  3401

TTT was full a few nights last week, what the hell are you talking about?

You can tell no one's really interested in the game mode because half of the server is usually prop fighting and not actually playing the game mode out.[/color]"

What? You haven't even been on because you think no one plays, no one has been doing that lol (Apart from me to make Spartan mad)

If we get a Morbus server, it will be filled obviously, but then it will die.

• Content Count:  1676

Although I'd like to see this server for a little while (considering Stronghold is just wasted space right now), I can confidently say that this server's population isn't going to last past two weeks, and that pretty much any of these new GMod server suggestions are never going to work either.

These new gamemodes are nothing but trends. There are a few GMod gamemodes that will always stand the test of time: Build, TTT, RP, Prop Hunt, etc. The rest come and go. Remember how popular Elevator: Source was? Fretta? Chimera Hunt? Even Stronghold is starting to lose popularity.

Most of these gamemodes don't fade into obscurity after the initial buzz about them wears off, but develop smaller and more focused communities that populate a few niche servers while leaving the rest empty. Our problem is that we always hop on these trends too late, usually around the time there is little demand for new servers and the popularity of the gamemode itself is beginning to fade. That's why we have an empty Stronghold server and a mostly empty Cinema server.

• Content Count:  1676

Morbus was released May 2011.

And practically no one had said a word about it right up until SeaNanners started playing it. My original post may have been poorly phrased (granted some gamemodes were around for a while before people picked up on them), but my point remains valid. This mod has had a surge of popularity recently because of exposure on YouTube and it's going to be long forgotten in a few months time.

Maybe it had just slipped under my radar all these years or it's the fact that I'm searching for servers from Russia now, but I still don't see enough of a following to really think this will attract too many people (1 populated server out of the 6 servers found).

Edited by SexualHarassmentPanda

• Content Count:  769

Reason

"asinine", "horseshit", and telling someone they were rude =/= insult. Continue insulting = forum ban.

You removed my post for insulting you (and then move me to the BD channel in vent and threaten to forum ban me if I insult you again), when throughout this thread you have displayed worse behaviour.

You've called people assinine for having a differing opinion, you called Harro's opinion horse shit, and then later on taunted him about insulting you. Just because people disagree with you, you assume they are butthurt and that their "assholes are puckered up".

Additionally, you didn't tell someone they were rude, you told them they were an asshat, yes, that is insulting them, and then to defend yourself further you claim everyone else is butthurt simply because they disagree with you.

• Like 8

Reply to Thread