? servers

? players online

Get a Morbus server?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Get a Morbus server?

Replace Stronghold/Cinema with Morbus

• Content Count:  3791

Everyone calm down. Yes, there are a lot of insults going around here, but can we please refrain from them and get back on topic. A lot of good points have come up here, so lets continue discussing them without the inflammatory posts. That goes for you as well Caution! :)

• Content Count:  11501

You removed my post for insulting you (and then move me to the BD channel in vent and threaten to forum ban me if I insult you again), when throughout this thread you have displayed worse behaviour.

You posted a spiderman picture directly insulting me with random quotes that you took as insulting because they have swear words in them lmao. Yeah, if you want to insult me again after I told Harro to calm down originally, you can kick rocks with a forum ban. Or really in general, if you try to insult anyone. Don't really care.

You've called people assinine for having a differing opinion, you called Harro's opinion horse shit, and then later on taunted him about insulting you. Just because people disagree with you, you assume they are butthurt and that their "assholes are puckered up".

People call each others...erm...opinions (and I say that loosely) "horseshit" and "bullshit" all the time. If you suddenly develop the urge to take that offensively, go ahead. And yes, it was assinine claiming they are basically entirely different mods. That is still debate phase, picking apart other people's opinions. I even reference my own (the part I believe to be an opinion) as a "server management opinion". The entire part about if TTT will die IS an opinion (different game modes still isn't, to me, lol), however it's one formed from first hand experience with server management. I'm not going to start calling people downies because they disagree with me. I'm gonna say "That's horseshit because xxx...".

Additionally, you didn't tell someone they were rude, you told them they were an asshat,

This is about literally the only thing that even makes sense as an insult, and even then it wasn't random "You're an asshat because you think 'X'", it was essentially "You're being an asshat because you're coming in here and randomly insulting people." I'm pretty sure, judging how he apologized later, he probably could admit he was being an asshat at first. Sorry if you don't like swear words.

yes, that is insulting them, and then to defend yourself further you claim everyone else is butthurt simply because they disagree with you.

Yes, I said "every single person is butthurt if you disagree with me. This entire thing was a fine and dandy debate until people came in and started DIRECTLY insulting, ("downies", then your picture). If you think I'm going to let you post a spiderman picture randomly, literally directly insulting me after I told Harro to tone it down, have fun with that.

Edited by Caution

• Content Count:  351

don't you guys see that new gamemode come out you want to change deadbserver for it i suggest even we have multi mod server (don't know if there something like that) or every 2,3 month we change it instend of dead server or alive for 2 weeks

A standalone "multi-mod" server doesn't exist. IE, it can't change game modes on its own. It would require a server restart every time the game mode changes. I thought about building one, but in all honesty it's a huge hassle and would require the dedication of like...3 higher ups at least, to even the load.

• Content Count:  940

Honestly it's like a choice. Do we try to revive TTT or just let it die? Because IMO a Morbus server would either kill it or die itself in a matter of weeks. I love TTT and would like to see it come back, so I voted no as Morbus to me doesnt seem as fun nor like it would make me want to keep coming back to play it. But who knows, maybe it will work, maybe it wont. Our point is TTT and Morbus cant survive together with our current playerbase, and I doubt Morbus would draw many new players.

So theres no point in having both. Pick one and stick to it.

TTT is dead at times because everyone that contributes to the population of TTT goes on this other community's morbus server.

• Content Count:  1513

TTT is dead because everyone goes on this other community's morbus server.

TTT is not dead for the love of god, the population is just unsteady.

Seeing both arguements, caution your agruement has "lost" seeing the voting and as it progessed. As it stands now the vote is 36 Yes' and 6 No's, I think that the vote to get a morbus server has won and there should be a morbus server just to replace the Stronghold server. Not to replace the Cinema server seeing as that server is doing relatively ok.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3791

A standalone "multi-mod" server doesn't exist. IE, it can't change game modes on its own. It would require a server restart every time the game mode changes. I thought about building one, but in all honesty it's a huge hassle and would require the dedication of like...3 higher ups at least, to even the load.

It wouldn't actually be that hard... Just have all the gamemodes in the correct folder, organised nicely, then just have a sciript that changes the gamemode name on a vote... Rinse and repeat. I don't have the time to do it, but in practice it isn't the most difficult thing to accomplish. Pretty sure Nishok could back me up on this. It could all be done on the back of a switch statement

• Content Count:  4198

You posted a spiderman picture directly insulting me

Spiderman pictures are notoriously the most emotionally damaging things to post on the internet. I can't believe he'd do such a thing. srOuyml.png

The game mode itself makes me think of a more complex 'virus' mode (like from timesplitters if anyone remembers that), whereby you have to try and survive as long as possible from being infected, albeit with some notable complexities.

• Content Count:  3178

The game mode itself makes me think of a more complex 'virus' mode (like from timesplitters if anyone remembers that), whereby you have to try and survive as long as possible from being infected, albeit with some notable complexities.

I hate you for bringing that up while I can't play it anymore. :(

Spiderman pictures are notoriously the most emotionally damaging things to post on the internet. I can't believe he'd do such a thing. srOuyml.png.

:yawn:

It wouldn't actually be that hard... Just have all the gamemodes in the correct folder, organised nicely, then just have a sciript that changes the gamemode name on a vote... Rinse and repeat. I don't have the time to do it, but in practice it isn't the most difficult thing to accomplish. Pretty sure Nishok could back me up on this. It could all be done on the back of a switch statement

Last time I talked to Nishok, he told me (like 95% sure) it was not physically possible without having a server restart, map change wouldn't do it AFAIK

Reply to Thread