? servers

? players online

Get a Morbus server?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Get a Morbus server?

Replace Stronghold/Cinema with Morbus

• Content Count:  2103

It's also just really stupid when people here that argue for TTT's revival versus Morbus hasn't even bothered stepping on the server in months/help get it revived by actually playing on it.

Derp, yeah I havent been on in months... Oh wait, I was on just a few days ago. Please think before speaking.

Guest harro
Derp, yeah I havent been on in months... Oh wait, I was on just a few days ago. Please think before speaking.

Yes I am specifically targeting you here out of all people.

Edit: Also you were on the server twice for the period of the whole month (maybe even more than that?), grats.

• Content Count:  11501

ZRiot + ZEscape, shoot at zombies whilst running backwards until objective is completed/all zombies are dead.

Erm...have you played Zriot? With that comparison, I could say every single first person shooter is the same game because the overall concept is to kill things. It's getting pretty ridiculous how much you are stretching here.

Reg + Scrim, only reason Scrim kills Reg is because there's always one guy that always goes "Hey everybody, wanna go scrim?", while the server barely ever gets people.

Doesn't matter, the server population is still directly correlated

Minigames + Deathrun, once again, you can have deathrun maps in minigames.

???

They're two entirely different game modes. I could put a zombie escape map on the prison break server, still does not change what the original intention of the server is.

You guys are seriously trying so hard to make these two to be ENTIRELY different game modes. Sorry, but they are not all that different. I don't understand why so many assholes puckered up at the DARE thought that anything be similar to Morbus. Like, it's not a bad thing, it's just the truth. Jesus Christ. Yes, they have specific features that DO make them different, but the underlying concept of the game is virtually the same. As I've said a thousand times, it's like Hosties vs. PB.

It's also just really stupid when people here that argue for TTT's revival versus Morbus hasn't even bothered stepping on the server in months/help get it revived by actually playing on it.

Not sure who you're specifying, but from a higher up standpoint (or even from a player standpoint), how do you know that none of the people saying that have put any time into getting the server revived? And even then, if they hadn't, why the fuck would it matter? I don't put any time into Deathrun, but if another mod similar to it came out and I thought it would directly harm server population, I obviously wouldn't be for it.

As I've said, this is probably going to be left up to Spartan.

Guest harro

There is but ONE factor that makes Morbus comparable to TTT, and that is you don't know who the enemy is. That's it. Nothing else is the same. What's irritating is you're trying to make your opinion sound like a truth when there's a shitton of reasons many people are giving you that is saying the game modes are are not as similar as they seem to be. One factor doesn't make it essentially the same game mode, and since you're saying you've got so many other specific similarities that only pertain to TTT and Morbus, go ahead and name them.

Any GMod server that we add is going to directly harm TTT's population anyways, no matter how similar the game mode is. Do you remember how people flooded to PERP/DarkRP when those servers were put up?

Yes I have played ZRiot. You shoot bot zombies while backpedaling. Same shit in ZEscape, just that you actually have to backpedal/run towards a designated area and the zombies are people.

If it doesn't matter and the server population is directly correlated between scrim and reg, then why the hell do we still have both of the servers? You're arguing against yourself here.

Also yeah I would know that no one's been trying to get the server revived until recently this week because the server's been dead for the past whatever months because I keep refreshing my server list, seeing no one on, asking people to help me get it populated, with no one wanting to.

If you've stepped on the server lately, it's usually just 5 or 6 random people or none at all. In fact there's no one on it right now, at 7PM in the middle of summer.

If you want a bigger picture of how none of the regs seem to enjoy the server anymore like they used to, Bork and Vader, who have been banned for quite a while already, somehow are still in the Top 10 players for the server itself, even after being banned for ages.

The fact is the TTT server is a dead/dying horse. You've got a bunch of people lined up to play Morbus, but no one lined up to play TTT, I don't know why you can't see that. All of the fun regs/people that you consider "trolls" that kept the server populated are either banned or just plain disinterested with the game mode. Sure you can make an event or possibly get a large population for like an hour or so of the day, but it will die back down and the case is we need something fresh and new that people will enjoy playing.

There is but ONE factor that makes Morbus comparable to TTT, and that is you don't know who the enemy is. That's it. Nothing else is the same. What's irritating is you're trying to make your opinion sound like a truth when there's a shitton of reasons many people are giving you that is saying the game modes are are not as similar as they seem to be.

It's the entire fucking point of the game mode. It's not an opinion, it's a fact, if you want to be an asshat about it and make yourself seem big because you can throw insults when people disagree with you, then that's fine, still doesn't make it any less true. This entire debate was fine until you came in and decided to act like a 6 year old.

Yes I have played ZRiot. You shoot bot zombies while backpedaling. Same shit in ZEscape, just that you actually have to backpedal/run towards a designated area and the zombies are people.

Except...you don't have to backpedal?

If it doesn't matter and the server population is directly correlated between scrim and reg, then why the hell do we still have both of the servers? You're arguing against yourself here.

One is dead anyways. It makes no difference if I turn it on or leave it off at this point.

Also yeah I would know that no one's been trying to get the server revived until recently this week because the server's been dead for the past whatever months because I keep refreshing my server list, seeing no one on, asking people to help me get it populated, with no one wanting to.

As in you have no idea what happens back-end (unless someone tells you).

If you've stepped on the server lately, it's usually just 5 or 6 random people or none at all. In fact there's no one on it right now, at 7PM in the middle of summer.

Which means population should probably be worked on.

The fact is the TTT server is a dead/dying horse. You've got a bunch of people lined up to play Morbus, but no one lined up to play TTT, I don't know why you can't see that. All of the fun regs/people that you consider "trolls" that kept the server populated are either banned or just plain disinterested with the game mode. Sure you can make an event or possibly get a large population for like an hour or so of the day, but it will die back down and the case is we need something fresh and new that people will enjoy playing.

Or you just get population back lol. I see so many people complaining TTT has no population, yet they want to play. How about you guys get together lol, formulate an event, talk to whoever is in charge of the server, etc. They said PB was dying too, it's not impossible for servers to come back.

I honestly don't even care if we get a Morbus server that much, but you guys got so butthurt when another opinion comes in from someone who has actually managed servers and sees the potential to further put TTT in the hole.

Edited by Caution
Guest harro

"It's the entire fucking point of the game mode. It's not an opinion, it's a fact, if you want to be an asshat about it and make yourself seem big because you can throw insults when people disagree with you, then that's fine, still doesn't make it any less true. This entire debate was fine until you came in and decided to act like a 6 year old.

Apologized for it, haven't directly insulted anyone after the first post, get over it. If it were a fact, I'm pretty sure the majority would agree with you, but I guess you know something about the game mode that everybody else does not apparently.

Except...you don't have to backpedal?

Yeah I guess option 2 is camping in a cheap spot with people while holding down their mouse button at a choke point until zombies are dead, which you still can do in either

One is dead anyways. It makes no difference if I turn it on or leave it off at this point.

TTT is also for the most part, dead. Why are you arguing for a revival of TTT and not Reg?

Which means population should probably be worked on.

Or we could just get a new game mode. Shit gets boring. People move on.

Or you just get population back lol. I see so many people complaining TTT has no population, yet they want to play. How about you guys get together lol, formulate an event, talk to whoever is in charge of the server, etc. They said PB was dying too, it's not impossible for servers to come back.

This has already been tried. Server fills up for an hour, then dies for the rest of the day like I said. People that do want to play are only interested in playing it for an hour or so, which isn't a bad thing, but no one wants to play enough to keep the server constantly populated. And tbh I'm pretty sure most people by now would rather have a new game mode filled with people than one they've been playing for 2 or 3 years. You can tell no one's really interested in the game mode because half of the server is usually prop fighting and not actually playing the game mode out."

If it were a fact,

For like the eightieth fucking time..

It has the same overall concept that it would deter any type of population TTT had. I am not saying that TTT has much of a population now. I am saying that any type of revival method for TTT would be absolutely nullified if this server was put up, therefore the choice is not a simple "Oh, let's do it." I am simply saying that it needs to actually be thought about past vote counts, because it's not just "Get rid of stronghold." There are other factors that come into play.

I don't even understand why you can't grasp this really simple concept. Sorry, but I've had enough first hand / second hand experience with server creation that I can formulate a pretty solid opinion that TTT will, more than likely, lose any and all chance of coming back. Ever. Which is something that needs to be considered.

Yeah I guess option 2 is camping in a cheap spot with people while holding down their mouse button at a choke point until zombies are dead, which you still can do in either

Um...or just working as a team and holding a relatively decent sized area?

Why are you arguing for a revival of TTT and not Reg?

I'm not, you're assuming I am. I said that I think it would make more sense to populate TTT since so much time has been put into it and the availability of it being populated is there, and that in the long run I don't really give a fuck if Spartan puts up a Morbus server (which I think he will). Also, side note, learn what you're talking about in regard to Reg, because I am in the debating period of whether or not to start a GO Reg server.

Or we could just get a new game mode. Shit gets boring. People move on.

Yep, should have just canned PB for hosties, and canned Escape for Zriot.

Edited by Caution

• Content Count:  2075

I like the argument of how TTT is so dead. I just left a full server when I had to go to work.

A singular incident over the course of a long dry spell. I'd compare it to the one day of rain in a 3 month drought. Personal anecdote too.

Reply to Thread