? servers

? players online

Get a Morbus server?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Get a Morbus server?

Replace Stronghold/Cinema with Morbus

• Content Count:  769

So if I simply replied to your post with "That's horseshit", that’s completely acceptable? You wouldn’t take that as an insult? Me, essentially calling your opinion horseshit, is in no way offensive to you?

If I called you extremely stupid/asinine, would you not be offended?

I’m confused, I called you an asshole and you threatened to forum ban me if I insulted you again, yet you’ve insulted people three times in this thread alone, do the rules not apply to you?

You claim “this entire thing was a fine and dandy debate” – no it wasn’t, from the beginning you’ve virtually ignored anyone that had a differing opinion to you – you’ve said the same thing over and over:

“they are essentially the same style game mode”

Sky rocket points out some differences

“they are essentially the same style game mode”

Skyrocket again points out that it’s not a clone and could work alongside TTT (which as Scuba later said, many communities operate both servers with decent populations)

You then give the example of Hosties v. PB, pretty much again saying that they are essentially the same style game mode.

Matt points out that it has many differences which make it play completely differently from TTT and that stronghold is just a waste of resources at the moment.

Again you reply with “they have the same overall concept”. At this point you have repeated yourself three times. I think everyone understands your point, the problem is that you seem to take nothing from what others say, you ignore any points put forward and just say the same thing over.

They DO have the same concept. Yes, awesome, gold star.

• Content Count:  3178

Last time I talked to Nishok, he told me (like 95% sure) it was not physically possible without having a server restart, map change wouldn't do it AFAIK

For CSS gamemodes you need to restart the server with directory namechanging. But for Gmod, you can change gamemode (coded in Lua) through a console command (or a Lua script).

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11501

Erm, no, it wouldn't be offensive to me, that's the point of a debate. If you think my opinion is horseshit then that's fine lol. Obviously I'd expect some sort of reasoning behind it.

You assume I'm blocking out that they have differences and that I'm not taking anything when I've acknowledged the fact numerous times, repeatedly. Even Skyrocket agreed with me and acknowledged my point that they are similar (maybe not to the same extent), and our opinions disagreed as far as TTT losing players or not. That's fine.

What you did is randomly insult me after I had to already tell one person to tone it down. You can respond to my points and we can go back and forth from there, but it was clearly taken past that point, and if it's continued then yes, you will receive a forum ban. If you have an issue with that then you can post an admin complaint.

For CSS gamemodes you need to restart the server with directory namechanging. But for Gmod, you can change gamemode (coded in Lua) through a console command (or a Lua script).

Ah, then that is an option.

• Content Count:  769

Erm, no, it wouldn't be offensive to me, that's the point of a debate. If you think my opinion is horseshit then that's fine lol. Obviously I'd expect some sort of reasoning behind it.

I’m confused, I insulted you and you threatened to forum ban me if I insulted you again, yet you’ve insulted people three times in this thread alone, do the rules not apply to you?

Also, there is Fretta, but I think we had a server once that didn't fair well.

Fretta - GMod Wiki

Fretta servers do not have to be dedicated to just one gamemode. The users get to choose which gamemode they want to play next, keeping your server fresh and free from boredom.

• Content Count:  2103

I’m confused, I insulted you and you threatened to forum ban me if I insulted you again, yet you’ve insulted people three times in this thread alone, do the rules not apply to you?

[/i]

I think this is the point where you should really just stop arguing as this is pointless and irrelevant to the topic of the thread. Caution I think has realized that he maybe got a bit worked up in this thread, but you pushing it isn't helping bro.

You claim it as insulting yet I've already gone over this with you in my response this morning (as I feel I'm repeating myself over and over) and needless to say if they found it insulting then they certainly could (and should) have told me, just as I did you yesterday. So as I said if you feel that you being warned was unjust then you can post an admin complaint.

• Content Count:  4198

You claim it as insulting yet I've already gone over this with you in my response this morning (as I feel I'm repeating myself over and over) and needless to say if they found it insulting then they certainly could (and should) have told me, just as I did you yesterday. So as I said if you feel that you being warned was unjust then you can post an admin complaint.

I don't think an admin complaint would really be a viable option here. There has always been a huge disparity between what higher ups are allowed to get away with and what players are allowed to get away with. It's a blatant flaw in the system that has been around since the beginning of SG in all honesty.

The heated discourse between you and Connor seem to be an effect of that, and is why the impression being given off simply due to your position is a negative one.

Oh my intention isn't to portray I feel I've done something wrong regarding Connor at all. I simply said he can post am admin complaint if he feels like it.

Reply to Thread