? servers

? players online

Get a Morbus server?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Get a Morbus server?

Replace Stronghold/Cinema with Morbus

• Content Count:  4798

While I support a morbus server , I also agree that it would compete with TTT. You should have suggested this when TTT was dead so that the opposition wouldn't have had much to say . We should put this idea on hold for now and find some other mods .

Edited by SilentGuns
Guest harro

Everyone arguing that this would kill the TTT population does not know that TTT is really populated at varied/random times now. It'll hit like 14 players for an hour of the day and the rest of the day it'll be empty as fuck/have 5 people in it.

Probably because you guys never play on it anymore!

I mean TTT has been around for a while, it still has some players from time to time but it's nothing like the old days. A change might be good, if this does serve as a replacement for TTT it might bring back people that are fed up/just plain bored of TTT as I'm sure half of you in here already are.

If we do keep the TTT server, it will probably end up being a bunch of group playing TTT or Morbus, but it would increase the total population of people playing on our GMod servers and I don't understand how this would be a waste of resources when there's absolutely nobody in Stronghold at the moment with the average player count for that server being 2 this past month.

Quit being a shitty downy and letting past server failures keep SG from trying new shit out, this looks fun and there's a bunch of people already willing to play it. Otherwise might as well call this community dead already.

Also fucks sake, I can argue that Morbus and TTT has more differences than ZRiot and Zombie Escape, Scrim and Reg, Minigames and Deathrun which can essentially already be in Minigames.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3728

While I support a morbus server , I also agree that it would compete with TTT. You should have suggested this when TTT was dead so that the opposition wouldn't have had much to say . We should put this idea on hold for now and find some other mods .

We can all agree that even then the argument would be "Let's first get TTT back up on it's feet before trying anything new." It's not just the gamemode that would drag players out of TTT, it's a new server in general. Just look what Stronghold did to TTT a while ago, everyone seemed to have lost interest and it isn't as easy to populate TTT as it used to be. So even if you find something that is completely different than TTT, it would still drag out most players from TTT (because we don't seem to attract too many random players apart from our current playerbase).

And yes, perhaps it would die after 1-2 weeks like any other new server did.. but honestly setting up a Morbus server only takes around a hour in total, so all it takes is a bit of motivation from someone to actually do it.

Edited by Paralyzed

• Content Count:  11501

Quit being a shitty downy and letting past server failures keep SG from trying new shit out, this looks fun and there's a bunch of people already willing to play it. Otherwise might as well call this community dead already.

Also fucks sake, I can argue that Morbus and TTT has more differences than ZRiot and Zombie Escape, Scrim and Reg, Minigames and Deathrun which can essentially already be in Minigames.

First paragraph:

I don't take you seriously usually ever because you ALWAYS manage to do what's exactly in there: indirectly insult people who disagree with your point of view while somehow bellowing extremities and expect them to get taken seriously. Tone it down a bit.

Second paragraph:

That's fucking horseshit and I have absolutely zero problem comparing and contrasting Zriot vs Escape or Minigames vs Deathrun with Morbus and TTT. Fucking really? That's just baiting yourself with a response from an empty claim. ENTIRELY different with an ENTIRELY different point of playing.

Why do we have REG and scrim when they're essentially the same gamemode?

Other than the fact that YES, it does (roughly 75-85% of the time) affect population, the server is dead anyways. Anybody who played reg and scrim knows that the population WAS directly affected because they were similar gamemodes with people looking to play for a similar-ish scenario. See - this is me using direct experience I've had with server managing to formulate an opinion on this. It's not me going "HERP NEW SERVER, don't want to do it."

You guys are so focused on taking what I'm saying and blowing it so far out of proportion and then trying to use it as a basis for an argument.

Edited by Caution

• Content Count:  2947

I know you guys do a lot of work around here and its not noticed but if theres something i can help with the setup i would be glad to help in anyway i can. Im sure theres plenty of us that wud be willing to help. All were askin is a switch from stronghold to morbus. It may seem like a lot to ask but if it doesnt work out you guys can get rid of it. Im sure alot of u have noticed the votes for one server 25-3. Ever since i have joined ive never seen so many people say yes/support or defend a suggestion. And i dont want to start flame wars caution i know your entitled to your opinion but so are others. :)

Edited by matt

• Content Count:  2103

Honestly it's like a choice. Do we try to revive TTT or just let it die? Because IMO a Morbus server would either kill it or die itself in a matter of weeks. I love TTT and would like to see it come back, so I voted no as Morbus to me doesnt seem as fun nor like it would make me want to keep coming back to play it. But who knows, maybe it will work, maybe it wont. Our point is TTT and Morbus cant survive together with our current playerbase, and I doubt Morbus would draw many new players.

So theres no point in having both. Pick one and stick to it.

• Content Count:  11501

Who's starting a flame war? Just because we're arguing doesn't mean there's a flame war. Nor am I trying to say people can't have their opinions; I'm saying that there are other factors that play into effect.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2075

Vote stands at 28-3 and the only counterargument that I've seen brought forth is the possibility of it siphoning population from TTT when TTT hasn't had a population in months.

They do have similar dynamics in the regard that the objective is to survive versus a group which is hostile yet appears as one of the flock. However they diverge from there in the regard that TTT can be treated as a solo game whereas Morbus has a more group oriented dynamic, which is coupled with anti-camp mechanics to provide a smoother and more stimulated environment, and quite frankly the population of each respective gamemode appears as different from one another as that of a hardcore RP server and a Fretta server.

Communities successfully operate both at decent populations; I feel that the argument that it will harm the TTT server isn't realistic in the face of the failure of TTT to even garner population and is only a singular and insufficient premise to reject this suggestion in face of that fact that Stronghold also fails to garner population and exists as a dead end which just sits there utilizing SG resources.

Guest harro
First paragraph:

I don't take you seriously usually ever because you ALWAYS manage to do what's exactly in there: indirectly insult people who disagree with your point of view while somehow bellowing extremities and expect them to get taken seriously. Tone it down a bit.

Second paragraph:

That's fucking horseshit and I have absolutely zero problem comparing and contrasting Zriot vs Escape or Minigames vs Deathrun with Morbus and TTT. Fucking really? That's just baiting yourself with a response from an empty claim. ENTIRELY different with an ENTIRELY different point of playing.

Other than the fact that YES, it does (roughly 75-85% of the time) affect population, the server is dead anyways. Anybody who played reg and scrim knows that the population WAS directly affected because they were similar gamemodes with people looking to play for a similar-ish scenario. See - this is me using direct experience I've had with server managing to formulate an opinion on this. It's not me going "HERP NEW SERVER, don't want to do it."

You guys are so focused on taking what I'm saying and blowing it so far out of proportion and then trying to use it as a basis for an argument.

ZRiot + ZEscape, shoot at zombies whilst running backwards until objective is completed/all zombies are dead.

Reg + Scrim, only reason Scrim kills Reg is because there's always one guy that always goes "Hey everybody, wanna go scrim?", while the server barely ever gets people.

Minigames + Deathrun, once again, you can have deathrun maps in minigames.

Anyways, sorry for coming off too strong.

It's also just really stupid when people here that argue for TTT's revival versus Morbus hasn't even bothered stepping on the server in months/help get it revived by actually playing on it.

Reply to Thread